Physical Dragon Ball games that you would like to see?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Physical Dragon Ball games that you would like to see?

Post by Desassina » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Things like board games, trading cards, pinball tables, puzzles and constructibles, some of them being borderline toy/collectible.
I would like to see a fighting tournament or battle royale like those classic soccer board games where you have to finger flick the characters to throw the ball around.

PurestEvil

Re: Physical Dragon Ball games that you would like to see?

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:04 am

Dragon Ball themed chess, except canon power levels play a factor.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

baconisbacc

Post by baconisbacc » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 am

PurestEvil wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:04 am Dragon Ball themed chess, except canon power levels play a factor.
oh no, even more Power Levels
"YOU SAY I'M ARROGANT, I SAY DAMN RIGHT. THAT'S PRIDE. PRIDE IN THE SAIYAN I AM."
Tenkaichi Tag Team Pro

Ardent Aigis Simp

Shobijin 小美人

Post by Shobijin 小美人 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:42 am

Dragon Ball HedbanZ

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:08 pm

They had a card game in the US (not sure if the Cardass collection was an actual game or not). Oooh! I was so excited. Bought cards just 'cause -- originally just to look at the pictures, but realized that this was a full-blown game! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! So excited! I was trying to learn the rules... I mean, I didn't know anyone else who had these or knew the rules, but oh boy, oh boy! They could buy and learn the rules! This was going to be great! Oh boy! Except I was quite literally the only person I knew who had these to this day.

I can't think of any physical games that would be fun. I mean, don't get me wrong -- board games can be super fun, but I can't imagine what it could center around while being unique to Dragon Ball instead of having a DB skin on it. Maybe like a one-off escape room type game where you have to find the Dragon Balls. I have two escape room board games (since actual ones were closed) and while I didn't enjoy them, they could be fun.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:21 pm

... but did you, or did you not have fun with the game? Because I had fun modding a soccer table and playing it afterwards. Nothing better than to stick toys on a field to kick Dragon Balls around. At least people know what to do with it based on intuition without having to read rules.