Original broadcast analysis

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB1984
Banned

Original broadcast analysis

Post by DB1984 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:50 am

On torrent sites, I've noticed episode #001 is labeled as the original broadcast.

I doesn't look to me like it is. Here's why: It has a Fuji TV Clock, and begins at 4:30. What's that all about? DB/DBZ/DBGT were originally on Wednesday nights at 7:00-7:30 p.m.

I also remember Kei 17 saying something about the gong in the intro to DB becoming a longer sound, and how this longer sound is missing on the Dragon Boxes. Now that more episodes are available, I wonder when the change happened?

I think it's a completely different (and way cooler) experience watching DB/DBZ from the original broadcasts.

Aim
Banned

Re: Original broadcast analysis

Post by Aim » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:21 pm

DB1984 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:50 am On torrent sites, I've noticed episode #001 is labeled as the original broadcast.

I doesn't look to me like it is. Here's why: It has a Fuji TV Clock, and begins at 4:30. What's that all about? DB/DBZ/DBGT were originally on Wednesday nights at 7:00-7:30 p.m.

I also remember Kei 17 saying something about the gong in the intro to DB becoming a longer sound, and how this longer sound is missing on the Dragon Boxes. Now that more episodes are available, I wonder when the change happened?

I think it's a completely different (and way cooler) experience watching DB/DBZ from the original broadcasts.
Due to Toei and Funimation, we are not allowed to have talk of pirating on here.

It also cuts some slack for Mike because he’s the one who has to deal with them threatening him.

Lightningexpose
Banned

Re: Original broadcast analysis

Post by Lightningexpose » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:04 pm

No idea what you’re talking about but I have it on good authority that fans will soon get to enjoy all of dbz in the original fuji tv way 👀