Is Bulma's hair supposed to be blue, purple, or green?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is Bulma's hair supposed to be blue, purple, or green?

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:20 am

super michael wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:39 am
precita wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:29 am I assumed Trunks hair was purple because Bulma's blueish hair mixing with Vegeta's black hair saiyan genes made purple hair through their son. That's also why Trunks doesn't have Saiyan hair like Gohan/Goten for that matter.
Bulma father has purple hair, while Bulma mother has yellow hair if I am not mistake. Bulma having blue hair is the odd one out.

They should have changed Bulma hair to purple instead of changing and retconning Future Trunks to never having purple and always having blue hair, while present Trunks still has purple hair.
Or, maybe, don't change anything and keep Future Trunks' hair as purple and keeping the DBZ anime's continuity?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:40 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:36 pm Bulma's hair is one of those things in the franchise which is never the same from one thing to another
It's more or less the "Bart Simpson's shirt" of Dragon Ball.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:05 pm

Majin Buu wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:40 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:36 pm Bulma's hair is one of those things in the franchise which is never the same from one thing to another
It's more or less the "Bart Simpson's shirt" of Dragon Ball.
So true, it's one of the more notable inconsistencies within the franchise. That's on top of Super inexplicably changing Future Trunks' hair to match Bulma's here while present day kid Trunks' remains the same. Geez what a convoluted mess!!!!
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:06 pm

I sometimes wonder if it's the poor video/visual quality that makes people not able to distinguish Bulma's hair as either blue or green in old Dragonball and DBZ episodes. That's why it's a mandela effect of her always having blue hair like Super, we're looking at poor visual quality of the episodes and nobody can make heads or tails what her hair color is supposed to be. Must be a color contrast issue with the tapes.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:24 pm

precita wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:06 pm I sometimes wonder if it's the poor video/visual quality that makes people not able to distinguish Bulma's hair as either blue or green in old Dragonball and DBZ episodes. That's why it's a mandela effect of her always having blue hair like Super, we're looking at poor visual quality of the episodes and nobody can make heads or tails what her hair color is supposed to be. Must be a color contrast issue with the tapes.
Well, you have stuff like the Dragon Boxes where the original master's colors had degraded and shifted compared to when the 16mm films were originally shot and assembled a decade or more (depending on which of the series and episodes) earlier. If you compare them to VHS recordings from the original broadcast run it's clear the colors are not the same.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gilby1385 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:33 pm

You're all wrong, her hair is supposed to be red. Everyone knows that. :P
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Gilby1385 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:33 pm You're all wrong, her hair is supposed to be red. Everyone knows that. :P
If 2uper ever happens and Bulma's hair is red, I won't even bat an eye. A18 almost got silver hair, in the Zamasu arc Kid Trunks had PURPLE HAIR while Future Trunks had Blue Hair, So apparently colors just don't matter here. :lol:

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:01 am

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 pm
Gilby1385 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:33 pm You're all wrong, her hair is supposed to be red. Everyone knows that. :P
If 2uper ever happens and Bulma's hair is red, I won't even bat an eye. A18 almost got silver hair, in the Zamasu arc Kid Trunks had PURPLE HAIR while Future Trunks had Blue Hair, So apparently colors just don't matter here. :lol:
Yet we complain about Goku changing his hair colors!
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

NeoZ Duwang
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NeoZ Duwang » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:15 am

Blooma may not have been assigned Saiyan at birth, but she's one at heart and that's what really matters :wink:
she/they.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:19 am

Bulma legit looks like a super saiyan god there