In DBS only Goku and Vegeta dare do the best possible training

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

In DBS only Goku and Vegeta dare do the best possible training

Post by super michael » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:47 am

Isn't it weird that in the entire universe only Goku and Vegeta dare do the best possible training? It is like no one is brave enough to do the best possible training.

In Universe 7 no one other than Goku and Vegeta dare to train with Beerus, Whis and Yardrat. No one dare to train in the ROSAT or the Gravity chamber except Gohan in Zamasu chapter.

Back in DB/DBZ the humans did the best possible training in Universe 7, that is until the Android Saga. At this point only the Saiyans and Piccolo did the best training.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: In DBS only Goku and Vegeta dare do the best possible training

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:39 am

So you want Krillin and Gohan and Trunks to try changing Beerus's bedsheets while he sleeps, and other chores?

That'd actually be something productive and funny.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 am

Yeah it's weird, I understand the humans and Piccolo wont catch up to Goku and vegeta, but they always used to just be one training method behind Goku.

I get why Ten didn't use the RoSaT he knew it wouldn't put him above Semi or perfect Cell in 10 days so why bother?
But after that you'd think they'd want to Train with Beerus and/or Whis just for their own sakes.

Out of Universe it'd probably make them too strong for anyone except Goku and Vegeta and their current enemy at any given time, which ironically might give them even less to do.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:57 am

It's similar to real life in a way. Out of all the people in the world who perform some form of training, only a small percentage of athletes push hard enough to realize their full physical potential. There could be difference in potential based on genetics, environment, etc but not many people have the interest even if they have all the right circumstances.

In DB, potential could vary depending on the species or at least require far more effort for some species than others. For example, the average gorilla is like six times stronger than an adult human. A highly trained human could hypothetically surpass the average gorilla but a trained gorilla would be impossible for any human to reach. It's like how Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha surpassed all the average Saiyans killed by Freeza but nowhere close to Goku and Vegeta.

DBS does establish that the GoDs were all mortals at some point and had to train to become candidates before replacing the previous GoD of their universe. That does at least imply that there are other races with as much potential as the Saiyans and they had some who pushed themselves as hard as Goku and Vegeta. The GoDs have super long lifespans and maybe that's intentional because it could take millions of years before a strong enough mortal emerges to replace them.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Isn't it more or less the only ones to have enough power to get the invite were Goku and Vegeta?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:00 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:18 pm Isn't it more or less the only ones to have enough power to get the invite were Goku and Vegeta?
C17 and Gohan are stronger than Goku and Vegeta when they got invited, besides the only thing one needs is to give Whis food and he is more than happy to train.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:23 pm

super michael wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:00 am
Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:18 pm Isn't it more or less the only ones to have enough power to get the invite were Goku and Vegeta?
C17 and Gohan are stronger than Goku and Vegeta when they got invited, besides the only thing one needs is to give Whis food and he is more than happy to train.
And they need to have a power that interests Beerus and Whis. SSG interested them enough to make them consider training.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:23 pm
And they need to have a power that interests Beerus and Whis. SSG interested them enough to make them consider training.
Vegeta didn't even have SSG when he was offered to train with Whis. Gohan has the potential to gain SSG and God Ki and even without it his power is beyond BoG SSG Goku.

Heck in the ToP Gohan is close to SSB Goku.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:54 pm

super michael wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Vegeta didn't even have SSG when he was offered to train with Whis. Gohan has the potential to gain SSG and God Ki and even without it his power is beyond BoG SSG Goku.

Heck in the ToP Gohan is close to SSB Goku.
But it's Gohan. Come on, bro.

He doesn't have a fraction of the saiyan drive like Goku or Vegeta. Or the other Universe ones either. For whatever reason in-story, he's not gotten the SSG upgrade. Unless the manga has given it to him, I don't follow that.

If Whis or Beerus hasn't approached him, it's probably because he doesn't interest them. Even Freeza gets some interest with him considering becoming a GoD at one point.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:11 pm

They all earned the respect of Beerus in the ToP. He could’ve and should’ve invited them afterwards incase another ToP were to happen in the future.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:42 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:11 pm

They all earned the respect of Beerus in the ToP. He could’ve and should’ve invited them afterwards incase another ToP were to happen in the future.
How many would have accepted? Gohan chooses to be with his family. Same with Krillin, 18, and 17. Piccolo and Tien are the only ones who have the "free time" to spend all their time training if they wanted too. But both aren't the type to take on masters.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:49 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:42 pm
Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:11 pm

How many would have accepted? Gohan chooses to be with his family. Same with Krillin, 18, and 17. Piccolo and Tien are the only ones who have the "free time" to spend all their time training if they wanted too. But both aren't the type to take on masters.
Tien struggled to accept Roshi's kindness post 22nd Budokai and couldn't accept him as a master due to his Crane school teachings. But he has happily accepted Karin, Kami, and King Kai as teachers for him. Yes super has had him open his own school but I still think he would be willing to accept tutelage.

Likewise Piccolo whilst acting above King Kai's teaching still travelled there and even if not actively so benefited from being on his planet and then has since been shown for the androids to enjoy training with others (Goku + Gohan).

Goten + Trunks would happily go there. Didn't Goten ask to go with Goku at one point in the anime?

Roshi and Oracle fish would have a grand time together. Maybe Beerus suggests they reaffirm basic principle with Roshi since he almost pulled off UI. Then if they can show him he'll take it on.

Gohan chooses to be with Family as does Krillin, but warn them of a threat and theyll be there and train for it - See Moro Arc. Just because they wouldn't do it in peaceful times doesn't mean they wouldn't.

17 puts up his cold front but when 18 isn't around he's a lot warmer - Goku could easily wear him down and have him reluctantly train just so Goku doesn't keep pestering him.

From a U6 Perspective it would be criminal really if Champa doesn't take on the likes of Cabba and Caulfla/Kale following the ToP. Heck have Champa train more than the Saiyans turn it into a brag - oh you just have Goku and Vegeta. There's no pride in getting them strong since they were already there, I've managed to turn X, Y, Z into beasts.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:44 pm

I'm going to admit that I completely for got about the Z-folks training before and after the saiyans arrival. Piccolo did not train at the Lookout pre-saiyans. Probably because there wasn't much benefit to him there. He was already stronger than his other half. Plus he needed to train Gohan. I can understand his training under Kai. That's where everyone who died went. Plus the fact that he was allowed to keep his body meant he was definitely a good guy now.

I still beleive, though, that only doing Goku and Vegeta with Whis and Beerus speaks closer to who those characters are, rather than what anyone feels the story should be doing.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:19 pm

I'm going to admit that I completely for got about the Z-folks training before and after the saiyans arrival. Piccolo did not train at the Lookout pre-saiyans. Probably because there wasn't much benefit to him there. He was already stronger than his other half. Plus he needed to train Gohan. I can understand his training under Kai. That's where everyone who died went. Plus the fact that he was allowed to keep his body meant he was definitely a good guy now.

I still beleive, though, that only doing Goku and Vegeta with Whis and Beerus speaks closer to who those characters are, rather than what anyone feels the story should be doing.