Killing Vortexx was a mistake.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Killing Vortexx was a mistake.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 pm

I will say this again and again, killing Vortexx was a mistake. I know it was inevitable with Saban selling their stuff to Litton but I still think it had major potential. If 4K Media had won the auction to the block we'd probably still have it around. Think about it, Dragon Ball Super, and all sorts of cool other shows! Yu Gi Oh would still have a home in the USA.

Back when 4Kids was on its last legs they scored major ratings with over one million viewers.

From Media Week:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100503013 ... ca62b?pn=2

While 4Kids doesn’t compete on the same playing field as the Big Three, the program block does reach a unique audience of some 15 million TV households that don’t subscribe to a multichannel service.

https://nocable.org/learn/cable-tv-cord ... %20million.

Cord cutting now accounts for 19.9% of US households in 2020, raising their numbers to a staggering total of 25.3 million.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Killing Vortexx was a mistake.

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:55 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:41 pm Think about it, Dragon Ball Super, and all sorts of cool other shows!
On the one hand there isn’t much in Dragon Ball Super to censor and edit! On the other hand considering the ridiculous amounts of edits that were done to Dragon Ball Kai that had already been edited to obtain a Y7 FV rating..
Yu Gi Oh would still have a home in the USA.
Evidently all the Yu-gi-oh series have been dubbed in English and the current Yu-gi-oh series is about to receive an English dub. So I don’t know about it not having a home. Apparently Yu-gi-oh is on Pluto TV a free internet streaming service.

Back when 4Kids was on its last legs they scored major ratings with over one million viewers.
One million isn’t exactly major ratings.

Cord cutting now accounts for 19.9% of US households in 2020, raising their numbers to a staggering total of 25.3 million.
Sounds like getting rid of Vortexx was a smart choice!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:39 pm

I love you. Because I GOT YOUR POST sucker! :thumbup:
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:46 am

With how easily available anime is, watching a watered-down version of it is a thing of the past.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:46 am

That's true. But the block still introduced anime to people who wouldnt otherwise be aware of it. And it was free cartoons for families who couldnt afford cable or internet.