When should Pan get Super Saiyan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 am

Pan has been hinted she has a lot of potential and a prodigy, now the question remains when should Pan gain Super Saiyan?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: When should Pan get Super Saiyan?

Post by Alruneia » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:34 am

super michael wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 am Pan has been hinted she has a lot of potential and a prodigy, now the question remains when should Pan gain Super Saiyan?
After EoZ in the Super continuity. Heroes has done an outstanding job at never giving GT Pan any kind of Super Saiyan (which now extends to Xeno Pan as well), so it's up to the modern continuity to change things up, and I feel like there shouldn't be a threat that would push Pan of all people to need Super Saiyan in these supposedly peaceful years before EoZ.
Or maybe it'll just happen in DBS:SH, who knows. But that's how I see it, anyway.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:43 am

Slightly before the boys did because she's cooler

Or arguably after because she has less Saiyan genes. I wouldn't mind her inheriting ultimate tbh.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

evirus

Post by evirus » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:54 am

It should be a struggle.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:32 am

In the 28th TB semifinals.

Being upset because grampa took off, plus probably fighting against one of the gang who might push her to the limits. Then Goku feels it, comes back, grabs her and trains both Uub and Pan.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 am

The second that Gokuu leaves would be nice. A Super Saiyan form borne of sadness!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:51 pm

She should have gotten it ~25 years ago, sometime during GT.

At this point, if even Heroes has done crazy shiz like giving SS3 to Raditz and Nappa but still hasn't given poor Pan even Super Saiyan 1, then I have serious doubts it will ever officially happen.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:00 pm

Fearing breaking from Toriyama (and also just plain hatred of women) sure is a hell of a drug.
She/Her
bisexual milf

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:11 pm

If Pan gets Super Saiyan after Goku leaves with Uub, then there won't be any contradiction. I guess if she gains it before EOZ and before EOZ ends, then that would contradict the manga.

Honestly I can't wait for her to get Super Saiyan. The reason why Pan didn't get Super Saiyan was really bad, because Toriyama didn't know how to draw a female Super Saiyan. That is such a lame reason.
When I watched GT I always wondered why hasn't Pan unlocked Super Saiyan, even in life and death situation.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:31 pm

She shouldn't. There's no reason for her to go Super Saiyan.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Before growing up, definitely. After Goten and Trunks, even SuperHero should be fine; and after Califla, her sex should no longer be a problem when writing.
super michael wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:11 pm If Pan gets Super Saiyan after Goku leaves with Uub, then there won't be any contradiction. I guess if she gains it before EOZ and before EOZ ends, then that would contradict the manga.
Not really. All we have even saw her doing is turn around the world flying and fight Mookekko, there is no reason for her to have turned SS.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:58 pm

When someone she loves has been killed, unfortunately. That's what wakes it, isn't it?

But if she can awaken it another way, then maybe when she's in school, say 6-8 years.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:38 pm

Whenever. Super Saiyan isn't special anymore. You can't put that genie back in the bottle.
precita wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:31 pm She shouldn't. There's no reason for her to go Super Saiyan.
I was kind of thinking this. Do you think she inherited Gohan's weird powerup?
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:47 pm

Pan got Super Saiyan God in the womb.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:57 pm

Kaboom wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:51 pm She should have gotten it ~25 years ago, sometime during GT.

At this point, if even Heroes has done crazy shiz like giving SS3 to Raditz and Nappa but still hasn't given poor Pan even Super Saiyan 1, then I have serious doubts it will ever officially happen.
I thought it was surprising how not even Heroes gave Pan SSJ1. Maybe the Heroes author also assumes her Saiyan blood is too diluted? I forgot if Goku and Vegeta Jr ever appeared in Heroes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:29 pm

In the upcoming 2022 movie. They brought attention to her in that panel and gave her an entirely new outfit + aged her up a bit; it's hard to imagine they aren't preparing her to get super saiyan.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:50 am

I'd say it's pretty easy to imagine, actually. Maybe they want to give her Super Saiyan, but it could also be...a million other things?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:00 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:58 pm When someone she loves has been killed, unfortunately. That's what wakes it, isn't it?

But if she can awaken it another way, then maybe when she's in school, say 6-8 years.
Nope. Traditionally, all it takes is anger and/or playing rough. As of DBS, a Saiyan just needs to make their back tingle now. I'm sure Pan could figure out any of that before she hits puberty.
I'd really like Pan to take after her father though and improve as an Earthling. Perhaps she could unlock Ultimate to hammer it home that she is Gohan's daughter or at the very least, pull out the power of SSJ without actually transforming. She could remain in her base state while having a golden aura.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:43 am

I can only hope that if Pan ever achieves Super Saiyan, it won't be done in a comedy-oriented scene. That's already been done with Goten and Trunks decades ago. If anything I'd like it to be in the middle of a serious situation so that she thematically continues Goku's legacy.

Which means, I wouldn't be a fan of her doing it as a pre-schooler in Super Hero, if that movie will be lighter on tone. However, if say, either Piccolo or Goku get trapped somewhere and she gets angry over it thinking she'll never get to see them again, and then transforms, that would be a nice scenario.

As a person who enjoyed Pan's character in all series, I'd like it if they treat that moment seriously, were it ever to happen.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:19 am

Around the same age she was in GT. If we ever see a story at that point in the timeline.

I would like Bra to get it too.