What haven't you seen?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: What haven't you seen?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:46 am

The Fire Safety and Traffic Safety videos, Summer Vacation Special, the Dream 9 One Piece and Toriko crossover, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, and the last few episodes of Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

For the manga I've only read bits and pieces, mostly major battles, but never the full 42 volume run, although I have read Jaco, the Yamcha manga and Super up to and including the Moro arc. I plan to binge the Granolah arc when that's finished.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

evirus

Post by evirus » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:52 am

Original Dragonball, Buu saga, most of Super (though I’ve read the manga all the way through)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am

For me, it's the Heroes promo anime after a certain point... which exact point that is, I don't even remember anymore. I still flip through the manga in Saikyo Jump (I feel obligated to since I'm spending the money on it), but since it's not like I can personally fluently read it I only have a vague idea of what's going on.

I don't even necessarily have anything against the promo anime, but rather it's just that I don't ever remember it exists. It's not for me, it's largely not actually/technically available to me, and it just doesn't stay on my radar.

I've only watched Broly once and have no real intention of watching it again...? :silent: Does that count?!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:34 am

Nearly all of OG Dragon Ball, watched only like less than 10 episodes.

Majority of DBZ, outside of the more remembered "big moments" of the story.

Some parts of the Cell arc segment of DBKai.

Majority of GT, only watched the important fights of each arcs.

Not a lot of Super, only missed some of the recruitment episodes leading up to the Tournament of Power and I believe I missed some episodes between 115-125.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm

That reminds me, I've also never watched Kai.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:33 pm

I haven't seen the 90s Slump crossover nor have I ever finished all of the original Plans to Eradicate the Saiyans (it literally put me to sleep). There are probably random FMV sequences I'm games I've never seen, either. I haven't watched the Korean live-action film all the way through, and I never watched The Magic Begins in its original language since I could only find the dub and the DVD is long out of print. I haven't seen the "Special Edition" of that film with the weird fight scenes with N64 graphics either outside of clips.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:20 am For me, it's the Heroes promo anime after a certain point... which exact point that is, I don't even remember anymore. I still flip through the manga in Saikyo Jump (I feel obligated to since I'm spending the money on it), but since it's not like I can personally fluently read it I only have a vague idea of what's going on.

I don't even necessarily have anything against the promo anime, but rather it's just that I don't ever remember it exists. It's not for me, it's largely not actually/technically available to me, and it just doesn't stay on my radar.

I've only watched Broly once and have no real intention of watching it again...? :silent: Does that count?!
Broly tires me out, so I can understand. I just watch the fight scenes from time to time in small chunks.

I haven't been able to watch GT in its entirety. It's mainly because of the the weird North American soundtrack but also, its GT and the combat doesn't hit for me (no pun intended). I'll have to watch it in Japanese at some point.

I also haven't watched the original DB movies, the ones prior to Dead Zone.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:31 am

BWri wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:40 pm I haven't been able to watch GT in its entirety. It's mainly because of the the weird North American soundtrack but also, its GT and the combat doesn't hit for me (no pun intended). I'll have to watch it in Japanese at some point.
GT in Japanese really is a different beast. It doesn't necessarily fix all the show's flaws, but my goodness the OST...
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:59 pm

I've never seen the "whole" Tournament of Power in anime. It bored me af so I found myself skipping episodes (for the first time in my life during DB watching, especially with Ribrianne).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Ringworm128 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:24 pm
omaro34 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:29 pm
Ringworm128 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:14 am I'm behind on almost everything post Battle of Gods.
why if you mind me asking?
Busy with life, also other hobbies. And when I wasn't I kind of had a period where I was barely motivated to do anything, not even sit and watch something. When I've got my life more on track I plan to make a good media setup and binge most of the stuff I've missed over the last several years.
all good. You didn't miss much to be honest. Super is ok but it pales in comparsion to anything Z or the original Dragonball had to offer.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:30 pm

omaro34 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:56 pm
Ringworm128 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:24 pm
omaro34 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:29 pm
why if you mind me asking?
Busy with life, also other hobbies. And when I wasn't I kind of had a period where I was barely motivated to do anything, not even sit and watch something. When I've got my life more on track I plan to make a good media setup and binge most of the stuff I've missed over the last several years.
all good. You didn't miss much to be honest. Super is ok but it pales in comparsion to anything Z or the original Dragonball had to offer.
I don’t know if you noticed the user’s status, but your words have fallen on deaf ears...
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:06 am

Z Movie 13, the GT special, the BoG movies onward, certain chunks of the Dragon Ball anime and all of Super minus the first few episodes.

When Dragon Ball GT was first coming out in 2003-2004 I never saw anything past the episode with the first Shadow Dragon, only seeing the entire arc several years later. For this reason, SSJ4 Gogeta, SSJ4 Vegeta and the other Shadow Dragons still seemed somewhat mysterious to me in the mid-late 2000s.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:44 am

Now that I’ve seen all the movies, I should try to find the Plan to eradicate the Saiyans and Episode of Bardock specials.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:55 pm

Oh, erm, does Evolution count? Because I haven't seen it and don't plan to.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:09 pm

I feel like I've seen most everything that could be considered "core" material: DB manga, DB anime, DBZ, DBGT, all official movies, Super manga and anime. Most of what I haven't seen are spinoffs or other ancillary-type material:

Dragon Ball SD
Anything Heroes-related
Most video game storylines
Neko Majin
Such and whatever crossovers with One Piece or what have you
and...
most of Dragon Ball Kai
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 am

I have not watch dragon ball Super and half of dragon ball Heroes.

Edit
Summer Vacation Special, the Dream 9 One Piece and Toriko crossover,
oh wow I was not counting crossovers... uh... those two as well.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 am

I just realized I STILL haven’t read the Moro arc...
Is it worth it?

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:09 am

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 am I just realized I STILL haven’t read the Moro arc...
Is it worth it?
Chapters on Namek are okay. Yamcha and Chiaotzu are back for quick fight with Moro's fodder which is nice but nothing really happens. The rest is... Meh.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:39 am

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 am I just realized I STILL haven’t read the Moro arc...
Is it worth it?
I thought it was pretty good! Not perfect, but definitely a fun time and probably the most consistent Super arc overall (think I need to think on that more first, tho). If you have the Shonen Jump app it's definitely worth the read. Even if you don't have it, it's only $2 a month so why not? Unless you live in a territory that doesn't get the app, in which case I apologize for my presumptuousness.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

ClutchBangstrip
Beyond Newbie

Post by ClutchBangstrip » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Like 90% of Heroes. The fact that it ain't "canon" kills it for me.