What haven't you seen?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ClutchBangstrip
Beyond Newbie

Re: What haven't you seen?

Post by ClutchBangstrip » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:13 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:03 pm
ClutchBangstrip wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:38 pmThe fact that it doesn't follow the og manga or anime
Dragon Ball Heroes does follow the anime, some of the characters they are using are from Dragon Ball Super, it takes place after Movie 1 (since Goku and Vegeta know the Metamoru fusion) and such.

(But if an actual sequel to the manga is what you want, then play Dragon Ball Online and take a look at the threads about it here).
ClutchBangstrip wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:38 pmand the fact that those pieces don't refer to the events of Heroes makes it feel like a waste of time.
The original series also doesn't refer to the events of Dragon Ball Super. Shouldn't it be a waste of time too?
The "canon" thing is difficult for me to explain, hence why my OG post had 'canon' IN QUOTES. I know the nature of what 'canon' is in DB and how it doesn't really exist, again, hence THE QUOTES in my OG post. The Heroes franchise just feels irrelevant, like it's not part of a legitimate continuity, IMO.

Maybe someone can explain it better, but the show just doesn't feel like a sequel, prequel, or anything and the art & animation just doesn't please me enough to overlook it. But if you like it, that's fine; more power to you. I'm not hatin or anything, jus explaining why I haven't seen it, the nature of this thread.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:41 pm

ClutchBangstrip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:13 pm Maybe someone can explain it better, but the show just doesn't feel like a sequel, prequel, or anything and the art & animation just doesn't please me enough to overlook it. But if you like it, that's fine; more power to you. I'm not hatin or anything, jus explaining why I haven't seen it, the nature of this thread.
For me, Heroes kinda exists in this squishy continuity where simultaneously everything counts but also nothing counts and things just sort of happen on a "whatever the fuck we feel like doing today" basis. Like, it's vaguely the Super timeline with the alternate Goku and Vegeta coming from vaguely the GT timeline, but it's also not so clear cut about it that it necessarily has to abide by those continuities to a tee. Hence the "whatever the fuck we feel like doing today" feeling. Except "whatever the fuck we feel like doing today" is a lot less interesting than it sounds, more or less amounting to finding excuses to bang action figures together a la the Tenkaichi games and not much else.

And yet I still keep up with it. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for seeing Goku punch guys really hard. That one cut Shida did was pretty dope. Too bad they wasted both Yamaguchi and Koyasu on this garbage, though.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:59 pm

ClutchBangstrip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:13 pmThe "canon" thing is difficult for me to explain, hence why my OG post had 'canon' IN QUOTES. I know the nature of what 'canon' is in DB and how it doesn't really exist, again, hence THE QUOTES in my OG post. The Heroes franchise just feels irrelevant, like it's not part of a legitimate continuity, IMO.

Maybe someone can explain it better, but the show just doesn't feel like a sequel, prequel, or anything and the art & animation just doesn't please me enough to overlook it. But if you like it, that's fine; more power to you. I'm not hatin or anything, jus explaining why I haven't seen it, the nature of this thread.
I'll be honest, all of this just seems like "it's not from Toriyama, then I don't care" approach, which, being honest again, is stupid as hell (but of course, people deal with things however they want). Especially considering you didn't answer the second quote about Dragon Ball Super.

Because, again, Heroes also serves as a sequel, I provided an example for that, unless you could elaborate more on why the series "doesn't feel like anything" to you, which I'm struggling to understand that part. But I'll understand if you don't want to.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:51 pm

I've not seen several of the movies, most of DB and GT, a big chunk of the Buu saga and most of Kai.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:07 am

I literally just finished watching Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle. Since I have the DVD 4-pack, I was sure I had seen this one, but after watching it, I didn't remember any of it. We'll see when it comes to me watching Mystical Adventure. The only ones I know for sure I've watched are Curse of the Blood Rubies and Path to Power, but now there's the odd chance I haven't actually watched Mystical Adventure like I thought (unless I just really really don't remember) :lol: :roll: .
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.