Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 88 - DBZ 228-230, movie 11

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 88 - DBZ 228-230, movie 11 (CURRENT WEEK)

Post by ABED » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:32 pm

Goku Jr.'s friend's name is Puck.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:20 am

Grimlock wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:41 pm If only they did a "Dragon Ball Kai" for Dragon Ball too...
Heh, I'm working on it! I call it Dragon Ball Kai: The First Chapters. But I've been very very busy the last few years and haven't gotten around to making a dent in Take 2, which uses my Dragon Box discs.

In the meantime, you should check out IAmTheMilkman's Dragon Ball Recut, which is the same idea as me but doesn't alter as much regarding OP/EDs and dialogue placement. It cuts it down to 80 episodes and works really well.
Grimlock wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:41 pm
KBABZ wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:24 amI honestly don't think there's any direct evidence saying that you cannot use the Potara Earrings with someone who is dead, so I assume the same happens here. If it's really a problem I can easily say that Old Kai gave his life to restore Kibito's, thus explaining why Goku can't rejoin the fight at the very least.
Yeah, maybe you're right. It's just weird to me for someone to fuse with one who's dead, but eh. Then again, I just remembered Kibito has to come back anyway, Kibitoshin appears in Dragon Ball GT. And I would most certainly place it in the movie dimension (as Cooler appears in it).
I found it odd as well until I remembered that they Potara Earrings are from Other World (easy fact to forget), which has LOTS of dead people in it, so the idea that they'd compensate for that admittedly odd but really not that surprising if you think about it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:34 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:32 pm Goku Jr.'s friend's name is Puck.
Guess that'd be the one, thanks!
KBABZ wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:20 amHeh, I'm working on it! I call it Dragon Ball Kai: The First Chapters. But I've been very very busy the last few years and haven't gotten around to making a dent in Take 2, which uses my Dragon Box discs.

In the meantime, you should check out IAmTheMilkman's Dragon Ball Recut, which is the same idea as me but doesn't alter as much regarding OP/EDs and dialogue placement. It cuts it down to 80 episodes and works really well.
Alright, thank you for letting me know! I'll definitely take a look at both. :thumbup:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 88 - DBZ 228-230, movie 11

Post by Ssj3Engels » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Movie 11 is a bit over the top, but I quite enjoyed it, you know?

Now, only 2 more to go and I'm finished with the ''Z'' movies. :lol: