"That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" Character Uses the Kamehame-Ha...by name!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

"That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" Character Uses the Kamehame-Ha...by name!

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 am

Veldora Tempest used the Kamehame-Ha in Season Two Part 2 Episode #11 and I am fucking floored that they were able to use the name! It looks so gorgeous, too! https://youtu.be/eD1ngjgNraQ
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" Character Uses the Kamehame-Ha...by name!

Post by Saiya6Cit » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:45 am

Hey nice catch, if it was not for you I would have never found out :thumbup:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" Character Uses the Kamehame-Ha...by name!

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Nice spotting.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:29 pm

He used the Hadouken and Kamehameha to appease both DB and SF fandoms
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:42 pm

Veldora is a chad weeb lmao :lol:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:47 pm

Is the name copyrighted? Considering it's the name of a historical Hawaiian king, you would think not, but I'm pretty sure that the kanji used to spell it in Japanese is different (as it's a pun too, "Turtle Destruction Wave", IIRC), so they might have copyrighted that.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:22 am

Interesting. Never watched the show, but now wondering if this character hasn't been cast in the dub yet that perhaps Mr. Hebert would be a good choice.