Korean English Dub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Korean English Dub

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Kei17 once alluded to this. Has anyone else ever heard anything about it?

Considering Kei is the most reliable source of information on this franchise, I'm inclined to believe this thing is or was real.

All that is known is the first few episodes of Z were released on VHS for purely educational purposes.

Maybe the tapes were distributed exclusively to schools?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

kei17
I Live Here

Re: Korean English Dub

Post by kei17 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Pekindaq has a copy. It's still buried in his collection and he hasn't found it. We don't even know whether it's something worth calling a "dub".

Image Image

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Teaching Korean kids English with a Japanese anime all while making the series look as cutesy as possible with a green vhs tape

That, that is adorable .

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:26 pm

kei17 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:20 pm Pekindaq has a copy. It's still buried in his collection and he hasn't found it. We don't even know whether it's something worth calling a "dub".

Image Image

Hey, Kei. Thanks for the response.

This is a rather unique find, but it sounds like a nice idea. So I'm guessing this was one of the Korean dubs with an English lector?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:41 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:26 pm
kei17 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:20 pm Pekindaq has a copy. It's still buried in his collection and he hasn't found it. We don't even know whether it's something worth calling a "dub".

Image Image

Hey, Kei. Thanks for the response.

This is a rather unique find, but it sounds like a nice idea. So I'm guessing this was one of the Korean dubs with an English lector?
So would it be something like the Polish (sort of) dub where it has a lector narrator speaking over the French version? As in a English voiceover of the Korean dub.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)