What Band or Artist do you think should do the big insert/credits song for the new Dragon Ball Film?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

What Band or Artist do you think should do the big insert/credits song for the new Dragon Ball Film?

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:05 am

To keep this on the topic of Dragon Ball let's try to keep the musicians in Japan, since that's the most realistic choice. Other than that it's free game.

Personally I'd love to see Babymetal do the big insert song since they're heavey enough to fit Dragon Ball's action elements. And, their song Karate would fit perfectly with any martial arts anime. I can only imagine what a new song written for Dragon Ball would be like.

I think Band-Maid, Aldious, or Lovebites would be great secondary options for rock and metal.

However if you want a more pop vibe like R.F. and Broly had I think Sumire Uesaka (Easy Love: Nagatoro) would be my number 1 choice.
We need a Steve Simmons retranslation of the manga.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: What Band or Artist do you think should do the big insert/credits song for the new Dragon Ball Film?

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:33 am

JAM Project because they love robots and it's Red Ribbon centric. We may even get a giant mecha at the end from one of these guys, or the Gammas fusing.

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: What Band or Artist do you think should do the big insert/credits song for the new Dragon Ball Film?

Post by Adamant » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:33 am JAM Project because they love robots
And you know, the fact that Kageyama is their leader.

Only real choice.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 am

Adamant wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 am

Only real choice.
They better do that.

I don't have any personal favrorite .

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:20 am

Adamant wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 am

Only real choice.
Problem with that, gentlemen, is that they're with Lantis now. Not with Nippon Columbia.
Even if the One Piece and DBZ intro singers happen to be in that band too.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:30 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:20 am Problem with that, gentlemen, is that they're with Lantis now. Not with Nippon Columbia.
So it's a limited choice and we can predict only from the Nippon Columbia singers? Or any independent ones can still get in?

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:30 am So it's a limited choice and we can predict only from the Nippon Columbia singers? Or any independent ones can still get in?
Well it seems they may just do insert songs with affiliated performers like they did when they brought in Akira Kushida. And there’s still quite a lot of them on that side who can pretty much rival a JAM Project member (some of them even perform side by side with them at times).
It could also be people who’ve performed songs for the series in the past too, like Shin’ichi Ishihara or so.

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:42 pm

X Japan if they're up for it.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:56 pm

souljaboytellem.com.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:30 pm

Snoop Lion, the eternal Gogeta fan.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Hook a girl up with some Mel Stone or Left at London! Or Mafu Mafu! Or JAM Project!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:09 am

KingVegetto wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:42 pm X Japan if they're up for it.
X Japan are awesome. I think they'd make a great insert song for Dragon Ball.
We need a Steve Simmons retranslation of the manga.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:30 pm

Get Hironobu Kageyama's ass back in that studio. 😤
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.