Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 93 - DBZ 251-253, movie 12

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 92 - DBZ 251-253, movie 12 (CURRENT WEEK)

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:26 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:22 pm There's like one minute of Gogeta in this movie, but it's a fucking cool moment. Love how unlike Vegetto, he doesn't waste his time and is straight to the point.
Too bad GT did a total 180 with Gogeta.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 92 - DBZ 251-253, movie 12 (CURRENT WEEK)

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:03 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:26 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:22 pm There's like one minute of Gogeta in this movie, but it's a fucking cool moment. Love how unlike Vegetto, he doesn't waste his time and is straight to the point.
Too bad GT did a total 180 with Gogeta.
I actually liked how he was funnier in GT...although you aren't wrong. Meanwhile Vegetto Blue in Super was downright business when he showed up. Kind of weird lol.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 93 - DBZ 251-253, movie 12

Post by KBABZ » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:56 pm

It's important to remember that Vegetto was stalling for time for a REASON: he was intentionally trying to piss Boo off into absorbing him so that he can free his friends from the inside. If that wasn't a factor then I'd imagine he'd get to it a lot faster than he really did.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:58 am

KBABZ wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:56 pm It's important to remember that Vegetto was stalling for time for a REASON: he was intentionally trying to piss Boo off into absorbing him so that he can free his friends from the inside. If that wasn't a factor then I'd imagine he'd get to it a lot faster than he really did.
Doh, that's true, I only just read the manga last year but somehow forgot that important detail. I still love the contrast between Vegetto's sillier personality and Gogeta's more serious one here, though.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:59 pm

I watched movie 12, and it was...fun. Weird, but fun. Certainly among my top 3.

This movie did not bore me at all, and while Janemba is sort of a ''rip-off'' of Majin Buu, he does have his own charm. The Hitler segments were hilarious, too.

The OST wasn't as great as others Kikuchi has composed for these movies, but it was quite ''servicable'' nonetheless.

Bio-Broly was truly bizzare, not in totally negative way. But I would say the Janemba movie is better overall. :thumbup:

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:59 am

Umm, dude...that sequence Goku eating pie/drinking talkin to Kaioshin & Gohan segment with Old Kai was in the manga as well. So thy dont count as filler...no offence, but they look like copy paste frm Wiki pr sumthin

While u mentioned ur opinion of M12, it wud be nice if u gave ur views on particular episodes. Ur likes/dislikes, pacing/storyboarding, artwork, animation, musical score, few word abt thr fight sequences/highlight moments etc.

Would be pretty fun to talk abt. Cool