Stupidest thing Frieza has done

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Stupidest thing Frieza has done

Post by dva_raza » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 am

I didn't even remember this until now that I'm watching Kai for the first time

When Frieza tells Zarbon to retrieve Vegeta and cure him so he tells them where's the other dragon ball. As Zarbon leaves, Frieza recounts to himself of his growing concerns about the Sayijans's hability to grow stronger from any fight that doesn't kill them....

Why in the world, knowing this, would he tell Zarbon to retrieve and cure Vegeta, taking such a risk of having him become stronger considering Zarbon told him he practically killed Vegeta and also considering he was aware Vegeta had ALREADY become stronger than before when he managed to kill Kewie with ease.

Frieza simply should've told Zarbon to find and finish Vegeta off. Then procede to search for the rest of the Dragon Balls in peace, having the whole planet to himself, I mean it's not like he was in a hurry.
They would've found the ball eventually.

Frieza being so dumb really made Vegeta look smart,. Now that I saw this again it's more like Vegeta got VERY lucky Frieza was that stupid and brought him back to cure him with no restraints of any sort. If not for that, funny to think how Zarbon could've been Vegeta's end in the series

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Stupidest thing Frieza has done

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:55 am

Not making sure to destroy every last ship he could find on Namek. It would have been very much in-character just to satisfy his ego that it was he who outsmarted the legendary Super Saiyan, not the other way around. The reveal that Goku was still alive and that he would return home after doing some more training was also a pleasant surprise to close the arc off on.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:18 am

I guess Freeza didn't have the patience to search under every rock for it. The DB was under water, so it would've taken a lot of effort from the guy who uses a hover chair to move around. He would have to lift every drop of water on the planet with his psychic abilities, for a lazyass like Freeza, it's easier to just ask the guy who hid it, even if you lose a few soldiers doing it.
The main problem was putting Geets in a healing pod and not having your eyes 24/7 on him. It's not like Freeza is doing so much stuff in his cabin, he just stares at the green sky, and Zarbon can't even stick around, like where do you need to go, Z?
DBZA blatantly has Freeza saying to Zarbon: "you left him with APPULE of all people?"

My first choice for the stupidest thing he's ever done is not knowing when to quit. He was cut in half, the planet is about to explode, Goku gave him energy just to survive and you go and blast the guy?? find your legs and go home, your technology will fix you.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:10 am

It's tempting to say trying to blast Goku at the end of their fight, but at least you can understand that his emotions have gotten to him there.

His first two trips to Earth, though? Pre-meditated stupidity.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:07 am

Cipher wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:10 am It's tempting to say trying to blast Goku at the end of their fight, but at least you can understand that his emotions have gotten to him there.

His first two trips to Earth, though? Pre-meditated stupidity.
The second trip is dumb, yes, specially without knowing how strong Goku might've gotten or who else could've been there. But the first one? I don't really think so, he spent a year building up hate and resentment, plus he had his father with him who probably was not the best advisor either, I feel there was a lot of peer/family pressure going on there. He also went with daddy as a reinforcement, so there's that too.

I reckon he spent a whole year, and had daddy whispering in his ear all day long: how could you have lost, how could a monkey do that to you, look at you, you are an ATM now, I gave you an empire... an entire year went by, I'm surprised he didn't come to Earth by the time they were wishing Krilin back lol.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm

It was a growing concern not an immediate one. Vegeta was absolutely nothing compared to Freeza. Unless Vegeta's revival powered him up to like 100000 times his current level Freeza would've easily stomped and kill Vegeta at his leisure by going 100% power in his final form.

Freeza never considered Vegeta a threat and it's always been Freeza character to be politely sadistic. Plus this didn't change Vegeta's fate at all. Yeah Zarbon could've finished him but Freeza eventually fights Vegeta after powering up from a wound and powering up from another wound in his final form and humiliates him and kills him. Vegeta dead then vs Vegeta dead now. How was that Freeza biggest mistake when Vegeta being alive didn't really change him.

Of course because this is a narrative you can argue that hey the events would not of unfolded the same way blah blah but I think the truth is:

1. There is no luck, just dragon balls
2. Who cares if someone revives a fly when it comes back stronger even though its still a fly to you.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:12 pm

It should be noted that Freeza was, in fact, running against the clock because Saichoro was going to die soon. He learned that fact later in the arc, but still, if he happened to be that patient, the DBs would've turned into stones not that much after having Zarbon kill Geets.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Up until Goku became the Super Saiyan, Freeza and his father were the two most powerful beings there were, barring Majin Buu and the Destroyer. No one else was anywhere near being able to actually challenge him. Plus, if need be, he could always blow up the planet and be the sole survivor. Firing back at Goku after getting some energy and him flying away, could be considered stupid but neither Goku's return attack nor the planet exploding killed Freeza.

Freeza and his pops going to earth the first time was also not stupid. If Trucks hadn't interfered, they had a pretty decent chance of over powering Goku. Not sure how were the fight went in the non-Trunked timelines.

Second visit was RoF, right. If he had built more endurance or waited to perfect his form, which for someone who never trained or practiced or never did anything like that before, I think he would have defeated them. Even if it meant blowing up the planet like he did.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Frieza's way too arrogant for his own good. And as it was said before, Vegeta's power level was very insignificant compared to his.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:28 pm

In universe, he should have trained earlier, not in RoF. Since he was so scared of the Saiyans to the point that he wiped out their planet, it would have made sense for him to train and get stronger. I mean, he went to god levels of strength after just 4 months of training.

If Freeza was god level early on in the story it would have been a wrap for the Z fighters. They just wouldn't be able to compete at that point in the story.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:48 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:34 pm Up until Goku became the Super Saiyan, Freeza and his father were the two most powerful beings there were, barring Majin Buu and the Destroyer. No one else was anywhere near being able to actually challenge him.
I was never a fan of King Cold telling Freeza not to fight Majin Boo or Beerus, both should have just been considered legends until they appeared, as having Freeza view anyone as more powerful than him only undermines his character. In fact, Freeza having knowledge either Boo or Beerus existed makes it more stupid he never trained until Resurrection F because both are far more powerful than a Super Saiyan, which was of course his true fear.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Plus this didn't change Vegeta's fate at all.

Uh..What?
It changed Vegeta's fate 100%

Vegeta gets killed by Zarbon, Vegeta doesn't get revived when the wish is made to revive Frieza's victim, end of Vegeta

Plus, Frieza becoming immortal makes a difference for everything and everybody.

And yes, there IS luck, Vegeta was lucky they stupidly brought him back to cure him instead of Zarbon finishing him off then and there.
Last edited by dva_raza on Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:38 pm

Brettjr25 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm It was a growing concern not an immediate one. Vegeta was absolutely nothing compared to Freeza. Unless Vegeta's revival powered him up to like 100000 times his current level Freeza would've easily stomped and kill Vegeta at his leisure by going 100% power in his final form.

Freeza never considered Vegeta a threat and it's always been Freeza character to be politely sadistic. Plus this didn't change Vegeta's fate at all. Yeah Zarbon could've finished him but Freeza eventually fights Vegeta after powering up from a wound and powering up from another wound in his final form and humiliates him and kills him. Vegeta dead then vs Vegeta dead now. How was that Freeza biggest mistake when Vegeta being alive didn't really change him.

Of course because this is a narrative you can argue that hey the events would not of unfolded the same way blah blah but I think the truth is:

1. There is no luck, just dragon balls
2. Who cares if someone revives a fly when it comes back stronger even though its still a fly to you.

"Plus this didn't change Vegeta's fate at all."

It changed Vegeta's fate 100%. If Zarbon had killed him there Vegeta would not have been revived.

"How was that Freeza biggest mistake when Vegeta being alive didn't really change him"

What do you mean how?
If Zarbon came back and killed Vegeta, instead of bringing him back to cure him they would've retained the dragon balls they had, would've searched for the reast of them, killed Krillin and Gohan if needed and gotten the Dragon Balls.

Seriously your post makes no sense
Last edited by dva_raza on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:41 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:05 pm Frieza's way too arrogant for his own good. And as it was said before, Vegeta's power level was very insignificant compared to his.
Compared to HIS yes, but considering Frieza wasn't doing thigs himselff by this point and Vegeta was only causing problems, it made no sense at all to do that.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:16 pm

Let's be honest. Frieza's stupidest decision was going to Earth after Sorbet revived him. He was given a second chance at life and blew it.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:48 pm
Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:34 pm Up until Goku became the Super Saiyan, Freeza and his father were the two most powerful beings there were, barring Majin Buu and the Destroyer. No one else was anywhere near being able to actually challenge him.
I was never a fan of King Cold telling Freeza not to fight Majin Boo or Beerus, both should have just been considered legends until they appeared, as having Freeza view anyone as more powerful than him only undermines his character. In fact, Freeza having knowledge either Boo or Beerus existed makes it more stupid he never trained until Resurrection F because both are far more powerful than a Super Saiyan, which was of course his true fear.
Wouldn't Cold potentially be stronger than Freeza, at least until Freeza reached a certain ... age or something. Freeza didn't start out stronger than his father. Also, I don't think Freeza feared the Super Saiyan specifically, He just realized that the saiyan attitude only kept them under his boot while they were small enough and weak enough to fit there. But Once their number grew as well as their strength, they might rise up. Freeza himself was safe, as it eventually would take a Super Saiyan to challenge him. I doubt the saiyans would wait that long. Freeza would have lost a lot or resource fighting them back with getting involved himself. And you know how many he would sacrefice before involving himself.

How long had it been since Buu was sealed? At this point Buu was a legend. Beerus was a diety that just ran around random blowing up things on a whim. Now, I've only watched the anime, but afaik Beerus could take Goku, Freeza, Vegeta, and Jiren all at once, right? He's like the gab between Freeza and Radtiz. There's also the fact that these two entities weren't a real threat for Freeza. In the sense of they will probably not interfere with what Freeza wants to do and if he leaves them alone, they will most likely follow suite.

I think it actually adds to Freeza's character. Freeza knows how to conduct himself when he encounters someone who greatly outclasses himself.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Shintoki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shintoki » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:03 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:16 pm Let's be honest. Frieza's stupidest decision was going to Earth after Sorbet revived him. He was given a second chance at life and blew it.
i'll do you better. almost losing to someone with 20x timess less the power level of yours because you have complusive condition to keep goofing around.
PurestEvil wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:21 pm You could also, y'know, become a real buddhist
DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:18 am Isn't this technically worshipping the Monkey King?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:13 pm

To add to the Stupid things Freeza has done list:

After witnessing Goku unlock UI and beat fucking Jiren with it and seeing how Vegeta unlocked a new form, challenging them with just a base saiyan he just met and was stranded for decades in an empty planet, while staying behind, watching the fight unfold, has to be one of the dumbest things he's ever done.

He had no way of knowing Goku couldn't access UI (quite the opposite, if Goku were to be pushed to his limits he might pull it out again and even stronger than before), so was he really thinking that just dropping a Z level character off and letting him face Goku and Vegeta ALONE was a good plan?? He even ended up getting stomped himself!
It doesn't matter how close Broly got to getting the job done, in theory, it's the most flawed plan you could possibly think of. I mean, it's ok to bring a Jiren-type fella to Earth and let him fight alone... as long as you know he is a Jiren-type fella, which he did not.

And somehow he got lucky the remaining saiyan didn't try to fight him and instead chose to happily spectate the fight. It's almost as if he was tipped by Toriyama about what couldn't and what would happen lol.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:57 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:18 am
The main problem was putting Geets in a healing pod and not having your eyes 24/7 on him. It's not like Freeza is doing so much stuff in his cabin, he just stares at the green sky, and Zarbon can't even stick around, like where do you need to go, Z?
Lmao I mean that is just to add to the absurdity. Frieza LITERALLY doing nothing in another room but drink wine, when he KNOWS about the zenkai boosts. Why risk having Vegeta unrestrained and basically with somebody who is as much as a threat to Vegeta as Kiewie was, who Frieza knew by that point had been killed by Vegeta.
Frieza was really bad leader here. Instead of threatening poor Zarbon he should've maybe told him about the sayjians hability to rebound in power so he was more cautious or ready for Vegeta

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:24 pm

The classic final blast to Goku on Namek.
This is a rare, stupid way to waste a miraculous chance to survive against an unstoppable force that almost finished you!

It's like barely escaping a building on fire when you were about to die, so stuck that you pointlessly begged someone or something for your life, for a miracle. Then suddenly, the miracle happens and part of the building gives way and makes you slide out of the building. You could swear it's the fire or the building itself that saved you instead of killing you, for some unknown but miraculous reason. Right now, you can barely stand, barely get back on your feet, barely breathe, but you'll get to live against all odds...

What do you do? Of course, you yell "you're gonna payyy!!!" to the fire and rush back inside the burning building to punch and kick the flames out of rage... :roll: Whatever your emotions tell you at this moment, there is no excuse for the stupidity of such a reaction. It is just plain stupid.