Did you know the original English Gohan was in a Friday the 13th movie?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Did you know the original English Gohan was in a Friday the 13th movie?

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:52 pm

Met her a long time ago:

https://cosplay.com/s/xnb072v7n

Unfortunately didn't see her announced as a guest at the time so didn't have her sign my DBZ dvds, and just a quickly purchased Zatch Bell dvd, in which her character didn't appear, but didn't tell her that.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:57 pm

You had some other anime voice actors that would star in movies that were filmed in Canada.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:42 pm

I'll agree with Jason Takes Manhattan being wthe weakest entry. Love the song at the end though.
NitroEX wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:23 pm I've known about this for a while, it's pretty cool.

Someone recently pointed out to me that Ted Cole (Yamcha in the Ocean dub) was a background character in Scary Movie.
Wow! That's even more mindblowing.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 pm

Kid Buu wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:42 pm I'll agree with Jason Takes Manhattan being wthe weakest entry. Love the song at the end though.
NitroEX wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:23 pm I've known about this for a while, it's pretty cool.

Someone recently pointed out to me that Ted Cole (Yamcha in the Ocean dub) was a background character in Scary Movie.
I'm probably one of the few people who least favorite F13 film was the first one, I dunno I just found it to be poorly paced compared to the sequels and found the characters way less interesting.

Didn't know that about Cole, very interesting, wonder how many other VAs on DB had live-action roles?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:48 pm

KingVegetto wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 pm
Kid Buu wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:42 pm I'll agree with Jason Takes Manhattan being wthe weakest entry. Love the song at the end though.

I'm probably one of the few people who least favorite F13 film was the first one, I dunno I just found it to be poorly paced compared to the sequels and found the characters way less interesting.

Didn't know that about Cole, very interesting, wonder how many other VAs on DB had live-action roles?
Chris Sabat, Chris Cason and Duncan Brannan were in the 1999 masterpiece motion picture Chuck E. Cheese in the Galaxy 5000! Film for the ages!!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:05 am

KingVegetto wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 pm

The first English Bulma Lalaina Lindjberg was in the Sabrina the Teenage Witch tv movie that came out before the tv show, and is different aside from still having Melissa Joan Hart and the best friend with a different name. She plays an older mean girl and was pretty in a swimsuit. (Waits as heterosexual male forum members goes to look).

And while I don't watch the show as I prefer family friendly classic Archie, believe Scott McNeil is on Riverdale.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:56 am

Super Sonic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:05 am The first English Bulma Lalaina Lindjberg was in the Sabrina the Teenage Witch tv movie that came out before the tv show, and is different aside from still having Melissa Joan Hart and the best friend with a different name. She plays an older mean girl and was pretty in a swimsuit. (Waits as heterosexual male forum members goes to look).

And while I don't watch the show as I prefer family friendly classic Archie, believe Scott McNeil is on Riverdale.
Wow, that is a cute swimsuit!

Speaking of Scott McNeil, he was also on one of the Arrowverse shows, The Flash Season 1 Episode #12!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:08 am

Travis Willingham, who played Cell in a couple video games when Dameon Clarke was taking a break from the role to do live action, got his ass kicked by Robert Duvall in Secondhand Lions. And that's no exaggeration either; apparently Duvall hit for real in that scene based on the story Willingham told.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:37 am

From Funi, Jason Douglas had a minor role in Breaking Bad (https://youtu.be/KlqMhcZvnkI) and Brina Palencia's been in The Walking Dead. From Ocean, I was surprised to see Scott McNeil in Primeval: New World (a Canadian spin-off of the UK show).

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:04 am

LostTimeLord wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:37 am From Funi, Jason Douglas had a minor role in Breaking Bad (https://youtu.be/KlqMhcZvnkI) and Brina Palencia's been in The Walking Dead. From Ocean, I was surprised to see Scott McNeil in Primeval: New World (a Canadian spin-off of the UK show).
Douglas also had a big role as a love interest of Carol's in The Walking Dead.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 pm

Are there no fans of Monk on here? I've brought up Jason Gray Stanford playing Randy Disher on Monk. It was 8 years on a hit show in every or nearly every episode. When questions like this are brought up, I'm really surprised that's not the first example people give of someone from DB in a live action role

As for another - Dameon Clarke was the rugaru on an episode of Supernatural (season 4 - Metamorphosis)
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:08 pm

Jason Douglas was also in No Country for Old Men.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:20 pm

Garry Chalk, who played King Gurumes in the BLT dub of the first Dragon Ball movie, has also been in a surprising number of big Hollywood productions.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:20 pm

Peter Kelamis was in an episode of Psych and in a few episodes of iZombie.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:09 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:20 pm Garry Chalk, who played King Gurumes in the BLT dub of the first Dragon Ball movie, has also been in a surprising number of big Hollywood productions.
Forgot that was him. But he's a character actor known for a lot of thing, including being in the Sonic movie as well as sonic underground and adventures of Sonic. And that's just Prime.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 pm

ABED wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 pm Are there no fans of Monk on here? I've brought up Jason Gray Stanford playing Randy Disher on Monk. It was 8 years on a hit show in every or nearly every episode. When questions like this are brought up, I'm really surprised that's not the first example people give of someone from DB in a live action role
Was Monk really a "hit show"? Yeah it was on for eight years but that was the USA network.

Was it a comedy, a drama, who can tell?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:17 pm

MyVisionity wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 pm
Was Monk really a "hit show"? Yeah it was on for eight years but that was the USA network.
It was definitely a popular show when it was on.

Was it a comedy, a drama, who can tell?
Dramedy is a thing that exist. Seriously what?

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:27 pm

I'm a casual Monk fan. It's just that I'm only now really learning more about who certain VA are. I would've never made the connection with Randy Disher and Dragon Ball Z.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:41 pm

I put Monk in the same category as The Office, as in its one of those shows that flew under the radar for most people who weren't at least 21 when it was on TV. If its put on a popular streaming service it'll probably get a second life too.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:53 pm

ABED wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:20 pm Peter Kelamis was in an episode of Psych and in a few episodes of iZombie.
I believe he was also a recurring character on one of the fifteen quintillion Stargate shows (wouldn't know which one; it was a show my parents were into so I just recognized the title when I was going through Kelamis's filmography years ago).
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube