Did you know the original English Gohan was in a Friday the 13th movie?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Did you know the original English Gohan was in a Friday the 13th movie?

Post by ABED » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:47 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 pm
ABED wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 pm Are there no fans of Monk on here? I've brought up Jason Gray Stanford playing Randy Disher on Monk. It was 8 years on a hit show in every or nearly every episode. When questions like this are brought up, I'm really surprised that's not the first example people give of someone from DB in a live action role
Was Monk really a "hit show"? Yeah it was on for eight years but that was the USA network.

Was it a comedy, a drama, who can tell?
Yes it was a hit show, so much show that the network built its identity for years off of it - it was a network for fun quirky breezy dramas/comedies like Psych, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, White Collar, Burn Notice, etc.

As for genre, it's both. It's hardly a novel idea to mix comedy and drama in almost equal doses.

Scott McNeil was the voice of the villain in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

KingVegetto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KingVegetto » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:28 pm

ABED wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:47 am
MyVisionity wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:22 pm
ABED wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:19 pm Are there no fans of Monk on here? I've brought up Jason Gray Stanford playing Randy Disher on Monk. It was 8 years on a hit show in every or nearly every episode. When questions like this are brought up, I'm really surprised that's not the first example people give of someone from DB in a live action role
Was Monk really a "hit show"? Yeah it was on for eight years but that was the USA network.

Was it a comedy, a drama, who can tell?
Yes it was a hit show, so much show that the network built its identity for years off of it - it was a network for fun quirky breezy dramas/comedies like Psych, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, White Collar, Burn Notice, etc.

As for genre, it's both. It's hardly a novel idea to mix comedy and drama in almost equal doses.

Scott McNeil was the voice of the villain in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
I thought that voice sounded familiar. I knew of Monk but never really watched it so I wasn't aware that one of its actors was also a voice-actor for DB.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Jason Grey Stanford has done plenty of other work over the years. i've seen him on episodes of Bones, Justified, The Boys, and iZombie.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.