Mr. Satan Praise

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Mr. Satan Praise

Post by BeaBumby » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:44 pm

Express your deepest gratitudes and admiration towards THE CHAMP HIMSELF
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Mr. Satan Praise

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:57 pm

Mr Satan is a swindler and a fake who rose to fame through lying and blowing smoke up his own ass.

But he did save the world, though
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:57 pm Mr Satan is a swindler and a fake who rose to fame through lying and blowing smoke up his own ass.

But he did save the world, though
:thumbdown:
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:23 pm

Imagine if people fought out that Mr. Satan never saved the world in the DB universe. There's probably conspiracy theorist people in the DB world that probably think Mr. Satan is a scam and the whole Cell games was fake.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:09 pm

Well he does have a Tenkaichi Budokai chip in his living room that he legitimately earned on his first try unlike Goku who had to enter 3 times. So he was already famous for that. Sure, It may have been a “work” that he claimed he personally beat Cell but all that Kayfabe he kept up during that 7 year time skip allowed him to cut the most powerful pipe bomb workshoot promo that helped Goku and Co. defeat Boo. Mark “Mr.Satan” Bollea deserves a spot in the Dragon Ball hall of fame.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Conning the entire planet into thinking you saved the world is no small feat. Then again, Earth in the Dragon Ball world only consists of 43 sectors, and all of it is ruled by a single king, so it’s probably not as densely populated as the real world.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:12 pm

I love him.
Mr Satan achieved what Gohan, Shin, Goku and Vegeta couldn't. He was the one who actually stopped Buu from killing. Through another much simpler method. It was kinda touching. Even if things got disrupted a few momnts later, it was still great.

Also I think he's hilarious. All his scenes during the Cell fight had me rolling

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:58 am

I had some issues with his name, I don't know why Toriyama chose it.

But he does make a solid character. His taking the glory from the Z-Fighters keeps the status quo AND enables them to be free of any publicity/social issues that come with a hero's publicity/fame. And he makes a decent enough character in displaying his wiles and his compassion whenever he has to.

Also he had some damn good voice actors: Daisuke Gori and Usho Ishizuka.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:34 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:58 am I had some issues with his name, I don't know why Toriyama chose it.

But he does make a solid character. His taking the glory from the Z-Fighters keeps the status quo AND enables them to be free of any publicity/social issues that come with a hero's publicity/fame. And he makes a decent enough character in displaying his wiles and his compassion whenever he has to.

Also he had some damn good voice actors: Daisuke Gori and Usho Ishizuka.
Satan saving the world is comedy that writes itself.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:12 am

Hated him in Cell saga, but since Buu saga he became one of my favorite characters in DB. He's clearly a good person that inspires people. Even if people praise him for things he didn't do and he lies to them, it still does good for society and helps Goku and others remain more anonymous. Earthlings need that guy in their life as he's a symbol of hope.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:06 pm

Didn't like during the Cell Saga, but became my first (and so far only) DB cosplay. And his voice actor liked my costume:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:44 am

I'm alive because of him

I never don't laugh when he visits Videl at the infirmary at the TB, meets Gohan and sees their bond.