About Piccolo statement in the Moro chapter about Goku

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

About Piccolo statement in the Moro chapter about Goku

Post by super michael » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Piccolo words doesn't make sense "Not much point in training when we can't defend the earth. When was it, I wonder? When did you get so far ahead of us?

The answer is simple:

Goku trained with Gohan in the ROSAT together.
Trained in Otherworld for 7 years.
Trained in Kaio planet before Beerus showed up
Trained with Whis
Trained with Vegeta
Trained with Merus

Maybe if Piccolo trained with Goku again like in the Android Saga he can catch up to him. Maybe if he trained with Whis and Yardrat maybe he can catch up.

Maybe if he learned God Ki, since he has memories of Kami who had deity powers that would help.

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: About Piccolo statement in the Moro chapter about Goku

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:03 am

super michael wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 pm Piccolo words doesn't make sense "Not much point in training when we can't defend the earth. When was it, I wonder? When did you get so far ahead of us?

The answer is simple:

Goku trained with Gohan in the ROSAT together.
Trained in Otherworld for 7 years.
Trained in Kaio planet before Beerus showed up
Trained with Whis
Trained with Vegeta
Trained with Merus

Maybe if Piccolo trained with Goku again like in the Android Saga he can catch up to him. Maybe if he trained with Whis and Yardrat maybe he can catch up.

Maybe if he learned God Ki, since he has memories of Kami who had deity powers that would help.
Yeah it's weird that they let all the other characters grow much stronger but they stopped the tradition of them doing the same training methods as Goku.

I wonder if because the cast has got so large that if they let them catch up even to like 20% of Gokus power that like each new villain wont be a threat to the group collectively and need to rely on Vegeta or Goku to solo.

By keeping them weaker they can occasionally throw henchman at them and give them something to do. If they get inbetween those two tiers they might be too strong to have even matches with villians henchman but still to weak to for the main boss.

It's a weird situation.

The solution imo is have a b plot at all times. The android era managed, this you have them flying to Geros lab or finding the cicada or whatever, guarding Goki, everyone has soooomething to do.

If for example you have a demon attack from the demon realm who's invincible you have the b cast go in there to I dunno destroy his power centre or shut off the link to the demon realm, fight his subordinates etc.

Heroes kinda did this with the dark demon gates.

Super or the toei movies would have them all lose and Goku to UI one shot the henchmen and then fight the big bad.

But there has to be the will to do that, and as that youtube video famously says, Japan hates Tenshinhan,
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.