Bea's GT Viewing Experience

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Re: Bea's GT Viewing Experience

Post by BeaBumby » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm

You see with the recordings of the episodes, there's sometimes some commercials, and one of them just said "Up next it's the brand new show, Pokémon!"

man these recordings are older than I thought!
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm

BeaBumby wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:59 am Alrighty! Onto episode 15! That one guy said it's a crucial episode with character development

(EDIT NOW THAT I'VE SEEN IT: Ay that was pretty nice! I was waiting for Pan to grow more as a character, and that swimming scene at the end was cute :]
It was me. Glad you enjoyed it. People sleep on this episode for some reason. Probably because it doesn't move story itself further and is just some random planet with yet another dragon ball. But it really has a lot of meaning for few further episodes.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm
BeaBumby wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:59 am Alrighty! Onto episode 15! That one guy said it's a crucial episode with character development

(EDIT NOW THAT I'VE SEEN IT: Ay that was pretty nice! I was waiting for Pan to grow more as a character, and that swimming scene at the end was cute :]
It was me. Glad you enjoyed it. People sleep on this episode for some reason. Probably because it doesn't move story itself further and is just some random planet with yet another dragon ball. But it really has a lot of meaning for few further episodes.
This is one of my favorite episodes of GT. It made me really like Pan.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:16 pm

BeaBumby wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm You see with the recordings of the episodes, there's sometimes some commercials, and one of them just said "Up next it's the brand new show, Pokémon!"

I think I can explain this. You said you're watching the Blue Water dub? I'm guessing you're watching some old Toonami UK recordings.

Toonami UK started airing Pokemon around 2005, and called it a "Brand new show", even though other channels had aired it since 1998. Toonami UK would often air older shows and call them "Brand new", simply because they had never aired on the channel before. They did the same with Beyblade, which had aired on Cartoon Network years before.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:16 pm
BeaBumby wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm You see with the recordings of the episodes, there's sometimes some commercials, and one of them just said "Up next it's the brand new show, Pokémon!"

I think I can explain this. You said you're watching the Blue Water dub? I'm guessing you're watching some old Toonami UK recordings.

Toonami UK started airing Pokemon around 2005, and called it a "Brand new show", even though other channels had aired it since 1998. Toonami UK would often air older shows and call them "Brand new", simply because they had never aired on the channel before. They did the same with Beyblade, which had aired on Cartoon Network years before.
Thank you. I was really confused how Pokemon could be classified as a new show around the time GT would have aired in the UK

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:57 am

Hiya! (does this count as necroposting or whatever? yeahh probably, sorry!)

blatant disregard of the rules aside, I'm back! I've watched more of dbz now since my hyperfixation is actin up again! got to Vegeta's Final Explosion thingy, damn it's amazin.

Anyhow at this rate I'll finish up Kai and BW GT!
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!