Favorite Move?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Favorite Move?

Post by BeaBumby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:23 pm

By this I mean stuff like the kamehameha or final flash or yknow whatever.
But you can also list your favorite technique or transformation if you'd like :]

Personally my favorite is Dragon Fist, looks so cool! Though Trunks probably shoulda got the win
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Favorite Move?

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Mine is a three-way tie between Tenshinhan's Kikoho/Tri-Beam/Neo Tri-Beam, Yamcha's Sokidan/Energy Bullet, and Goku's Great Ape Fist (same as the Dragon Fist, but using the Great Ape symbolism as opposed to the Dragon). The latter, I really love for the menacing image of the Great Ape Piccolo Daimao sees before he's killed. Tenshinhan and Yamcha are also part of my main FighterZ squad, and I love pulling out those moves for the final KO whenever possible.

Krillin's Scattering Bullet is pretty cool, too.
Last edited by Demon Prince Piccolo on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:28 pm Goku's Great Ape Fist (same as the Dragon Fist, but using the Great Ape symbolism as opposed to the Dragon).
That's called Penetrate! It's a close second for me :]
Last edited by BeaBumby on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 pm

There are far too many to choose from, I'll just list those that tie at first place:

Divine Lasso

Blades of Judgement

Lightning of Absolution/Absolute Lightning

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 pm

BeaBumby wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:32 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:28 pm Goku's Great Ape Fist (same as the Dragon Fist, but using the Great Ape symbolism as opposed to the Dragon).
That's called Penetrate!
Yup, although Great Ape Fist is an alternate name for it. It's such a dramatic moment for me, and I like anything that utilizes the Great Ape lore. :)
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kappa » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:38 pm

I have 2 faves:
- Kamehameha
-Divine Lasso

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:32 pm

I really like the Kamehameha and Kaioken, but I also really like the one where Goku hits Yamcha so hard he ricochets of the manga panel.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Dragon Fist all the way, it's just too badass to not be on first place and it's very effective. The only character that survived it was Omega Shenron and only because he could regenerate. That technique is almost guaranteed kill and it looks dope.

Other than that i like Genki Dama, Kamehameha X10, Big Bang Kamehameha, Stardust Breaker and Revenge Death Ball a lot.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:03 am

I suppose I should mention some from the villains. I've always found Nappa's Volcano Explosion technique to be quite terrifying. I love the look of Frieza's Death Ball and the ease at which he generates it. And any of Majin Boo's techniques for their creativity, but particularly his Human Extinction Attack.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:34 am

You know what..., I know I keep coming back, but I also really loved the Mafuba. That dramatic look of it and the one who is using it, plus what's at stake (death) from successfully using it. The green swirling vortex and the character it's being used on being drawn into it is a thrilling visual.

And since the Kamehameha is the OG move, even though I didn't list it as a favorite earlier, it's kind of there by default, but I'll list my favorite uses of it instead. One that comes to mind is Goku's running Kamehameha against Krillin in the 22nd Budokai, where he jumps up and fires the Kamehameha into opposite direction of the sky to propel himself at Krillin. Another is Goku's Instant Kamehameha against Cell. I also dug Gohan's standing Kamehameha against Cell, and then the Kamehameha UI Omen Goku uses against Kefla. Oh, and Roshi''s and Goku's in Path to Power. These are just a few that stand out to me.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:17 am

Favorite Kamehamehas include Goku's off the Nyoibo versus Tambourine and Goku versus Nikki and Ginger in Dead Zone.

Piccolo's mouth blast I like because of how evil it feels.

Cyborg Taopaipai's Super Dodonpa.

Piccolo's giant form technique. I would have liked to see more of this. Maybe against a giant sized Freeza on Namek. Or against an Oozaru Goku at the tournament, or alongside Goku/Gohan versus the Saiyans or some other enemy.

Yamcha's Roga Fu Fu Ken.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:48 am

MyVisionity wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:17 am Yamcha's Roga Fu Fu Ken.
I have no clue how I forgot to mention this. Maybe it's because it's not a "ki" attack. But I absolutely love this move any time it comes up.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:11 am

I've always loved Trunks' attacks. The Burning Attack, Buster Cannon, and Finish Buster.

Yamcha's Spirit Ball is great. In the games anyway. I love the way he casually smacks people around with it.

Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha is fucking awesome too. Very powerful feeling move.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:16 pm

I don't think I have a particular favorite attack...but I would like to shout-out Gotenks' Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack. It's fun and actually effective.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

King Bogo

Post by King Bogo » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:08 pm

name: Makankosappo
in battle: Ki Kou Hou