Would have Nicktoons allowed Blood if not for 4Kids?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Would have Nicktoons allowed Blood if not for 4Kids?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:58 am

This is a nice question that will keep us wondering: Would have Nicktoons allowed Blood on their channel had the secondary deal with 4kids not happened?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Would have Nicktoons allowed Blood if not for 4Kids?

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:51 am

Didn’t the censorship for the Nicktoons episodes get more severe as time went on? The Toonzai broadcast could definitely have factored into that.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 am

DBZ on Toonami didn't have blood and it aired after schools. Also, I don't think 4kids had anything to do with Kai outside of airing on their network block.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:33 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 am DBZ on Toonami didn't have blood and it aired after schools.
It had blood but only when it could pass for red scratches. Any blood that moved or was excessive was censored out.
Also, I don't think 4kids had anything to do with Kai outside of airing on their network block.
I don’t think it did either. Sounds like it was edited for Nicktoons BS&P first and then later edited to the CW’s guidelines.