Gods.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Gods.

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:51 am

A new god is seemingly about to be introduced in the franchise, and so I would like to take the opportunity to reflect on the deities a bit.

Firstly, do you mind or not all these new gods, Hakaishins, Kaioshin of Time, angels (are angels considered gods?)? Or do you feel like having only Kaios and Kaioshins were enough (then again, we had ten of them!)? What's your opinion on the amount of gods we have now?

Secondly, if you are one of those who don't mind and even have ideas for more gods, how do you picture them?

Do you still have any hopes to see Makaios and Makaioshins? Poor gods still exist only in an interview that was released over ten years ago. Never to be mentioned again, never to be even seen!

It seems to me that whenever/wherever we have "time" we may have "space" too. These two concepts are, as we know, often relatable to one another. We do have a Kaioshin of Time, so what do you think of a possible "Kaioshin of Space"? And what sort of powers/abilities do you think a deity such as this one would possess?

Judging by the design of the image below, I also wouldn't rule out the possibility of this entity being a counterpart to Kaioshin of Time. A "Makaioshin of Time", maybe? Probably not, but eh. Anyway, what do you think of all this?

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Gods.

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:22 am

A new God is going to be introduced in where?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:23 am

Oh, forgot to mention. Dragon Ball Heroes will introduce its first god next year.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 am

It's interesting I guess, I can't tell if she's smirking or if she's somewhat saddened by something.

You know it's funny how Super is a show about the Saiyans reaching a new level, the realm of the Gods, and yet all of the main antagonists except for 1 are still mortals. The only God antagonist is Zamasu/Goku Black, the rest are all mortals. Sure they might have some knowledge of the Gods (like Moro the evil goat, who fought the Supreme Kai once), but they remain ningens. Though to be fair there are also the permanent goal posts that are Beerus and Whis too, although I wouldn't call them antagonists just yet (maybe in a future rematch between Goku and Beerus).

I feel like after Zamasu/Goku Black people (rightly) assumed that the villains would all be Gods or anyway Divine in nature, which is why so many people thought Jiren was just a red herring and the true final "threat" of the ToP arc was the Grand Priest. And obviously there are still many people asking for the Makaioshin to be introduced in Canon. Since there's still no real Makaioshin villain in Super (Zamasu is a rogue Supreme Kai, while the Makaioshin are Kais who are born evil and are exiled to the Shadow realm at birth).

It's just weird how a show about new God forms is still dealing with mortal villains like Granolah and his alien friends. I wonder if we're ever getting an evil Angel or a Makaioshin in Canon Super, maybe as final villain of the Super era?

Also why do you say that the Makaioshin are only mentioned in one interview? Aren't Demigra and Mechikabura two Makaioshin? Mechikabura definitely fits the description of a "Supreme Kai, but evil/twisted from birth":

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 amIt's interesting I guess, I can't tell if she's smirking or if she's somewhat saddened by something.
Probably smirking.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 amYou know it's funny how Super is a show about the Saiyans reaching a new level, the realm of the Gods, and yet all of the main antagonists except for 1 are still mortals. The only God antagonist is Zamasu/Goku Black, the rest are all mortals. Sure they might have some knowledge of the Gods (like Moro the evil goat, who fought the Supreme Kai once), but they remain ningens. Though to be fair there are also the permanent goal posts that are Beerus and Whis too, although I wouldn't call them antagonists just yet (maybe in a future rematch between Goku and Beerus).
I'd like to have at least tons of more information about them for sure, not necessarily having them as enemies and such. But information (and some explanation, of course) is most required at this moment.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 amAlso why do you say that the Makaioshin are only mentioned in one interview? Aren't Demigra and Mechikabura two Makaioshin? Mechikabura definitely fits the description of a "Supreme Kai, but evil/twisted from birth":
To the best of our knowledge, no (yet). Mechikabura indeed fits that, but the actual word "Makaioshin" has never been used, heard or read anywhere. So it's not confirmed he is one, unfortunately. Maybe Dimps doesn't know about that interview and so has no knowledge of Makaios and Makaioshins.

~ War of the Dinobots ~