Which non-combatant character would you like to see throw hands?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Which non-combatant character would you like to see throw hands?

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 pm

As you may know, many powerful characters in Dragon Ball do not ever get to demonstrate their fighting skill on page or screen. Many of the mentor characters, especially. Here are a few I would be interested in seeing jump into a fray once in a while. If not in a major battle, maybe in a lighthearted training context.

Kaio-sama -- Prior to his first appearance in the Saiyan arc, we hear many testimonies to North Kaio's power, which is supposedly far greater than the lower deities. As we all know, the great Kaio turns out to be a short, stout cricket person with more interest in bad puns and driving his jalopy than martial arts, though his BP is still a reasonably impressive (for the time) 3,500. While we see him assume a fighting stance while training with Goku and use telekinesis to throw some blocks around, we never truly see him in action. Although he never mastered them, it would be cool to see him try his two signature techniques, the Kaioken and the Genki-dama. The handheld game Ultimate Butoden unexpectedly made him a playable fighter, and there is some cool Toriyama-style fanart of him sparring with Goku, I believe by the talented Fenyo, but I can't find it anywhere... :evil:
(He's just uploaded it to Instagram, coincidentally enough)
https://www.instagram.com/fenyo_n/?hl=en

King Enma -- Naturally, we come to the Afterlife bureaucrat himself. We simply have to see his legendary technique, the Enma-Lock! I always wonder how exactly he deals with much stronger villains such as Freeza and Cell... There's the whole thing about whether they only arrive in harmless wispy soul form, but let's not lowball Enma here, he's still a big deal. Literally.

Galactic King -- The front-line leader of the Galactic Patrol. I think it's time we see what those tentacles do, besides getting inappropriately touched by Goku. Interestingly, the Galactic King's power is great enough that Goku was able to home in on his ki signature from lightyears away, making him the second strongest Patrolman after Merus.

King Cold -- Man, this list is all kings, isn't it? King Cold, despite having a power level comparable to his son Freeza, never had a chance to do much against Trunks, who unceremoniously murks him with a simple ki blast. The most he does is attempt to strike Trunks with his own sword. Since that's just about the only attack Cold uses, many game adaptations incorporate the sword into Cold's moveset, even though it's not even his to begin with. There are many unanswered questions regarding Cold's capabilities; we still have no idea what his other transformations look like, or if he can even transform at all. We hear Freeza mention that his father was the only person to ever challenge him (though he's more likely referring to Cold being an abusive piece of shit), so maybe one day we can get a flashback to that fond memory.

Who do you wanna see get a gratuitous show-off moment?
Last edited by LoganForkHands73 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Which non-combatant character would you like to see throw hands?

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Kaio-sama definitely. As a kid, I used to like to imagine he could wallop Nappa and Vegeta. Plus as he was Goku's mentor after Kami, and we saw Kami throw down, it would've been cool (not necessary, but cool).

Also, I know she's a gag character, but Lunch. Would be cool if Roshi or Tenshinhan trained her in martial arts.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Bra. She's Vegeta's daughter so she obviously has a lot of fighting potential and we saw her flying in GT. Her fusion with Pan that appears in DB Fusions and Dokkan is really cool.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:58 pm Also, I know she's a gag character, but Lunch. Would be cool if Roshi or Tenshinhan trained her in martial arts.
Hey at least we got that brief fight in the RRA saga, but yes I would like a full one too
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:41 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:20 pm Bra. She's Vegeta's daughter so she obviously has a lot of fighting potential and we saw her flying in GT. Her fusion with Pan that appears in DB Fusions and Dokkan is really cool.
I have NO idea how I forgot Bulla. She's my number 1 choice hands down. The Princess of Saiyans herself.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 pm

It feels like everyone involved in Bra's creation either forgot or preferred to ignore the fact that she's half-Saiyan.
Last edited by LoganForkHands73 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:56 pm

We can have a little bit of Bulma slapping the shit out of someone, as a gag. Though I guess that already happens from time to time. I might as well also mention that Bulla and Marron are both capable of fighting, and do fight, in my fanfic, for what that's worth, so if Super (or a differently named post-Z story) eventually headed down that direction I'd be all for it.
For a more "current" answer, my main picks have already been mentioned: King Cold and King Kai. They're both set up to be powerful at the time of their introduction, and King Kai is of course also set up to have invented seriously good techniques, so it's a bit of a shame that we never actually get to see them properly show off what they can do.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link