Favorite villain from each series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Favorite villain from each series?

Post by Kappa » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:11 pm

DB- King Piccolo
DBZ- Kid Buu
DBS- Black
GT- Baby Vegeta

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Favorite villain from each series?

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm

DB-Piccolo Daimao/Piccolo Jr.
DBZ-Freeza
DBS-Zamasu, I guess, since he's the only new villain
DBGT-Baby
Last edited by Demon Prince Piccolo on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:27 pm

DB - Piccolo Daimao
DBZ - Buu
GT - Baby

DBS only had one new villain (in anime) so there is nothing to choose from and i'm not going to pick lazy rehashed Frieza either. Unless we include antagonists as villains for that one case, then Kefla easily.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

shomangaka

Post by shomangaka » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:32 pm

DB- Tao Pai Pai
DBZ- Freeza
DBS- Goku Black

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:08 pm

Dragon Ball: Piccolo Daimaou! The art from Toriyama is just so wild and expressive, it's definitely some of his best work! I also like how he literally conquered the Earth. I wish that plot thread had gone on a little longer.

Dragon Ball Z: Cell! This is a bit of a curve ball answer. I think all three of his forms are gorgeous Daddies, of course, but I am also a big fan of the horror aspect of his early appearances as well as the mighty performance of Wakamoto Norio.

Dragon Ball GT: Baby Vegeta! He's so hot, especially his final form! I think it would have been far more interesting to see more scenes of Baby Vegeta sans Gokuu. I think it's far more interesting a shake-up to the status quo.

Dragon Ball Super: Gokuu Black! The queerness of Gokuu Black and Zamasu's scenes together are so good! As a fan of Boy's Love I really enjoy seeing the two practically make-out in their scenes together! I also love Gokuu Black's abilities and his Super Saiyan Rosé form! I'd love to see more of Gokuu Black and Zamasu in their own spin-off.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:11 pm

Dragon Ball- Piccolo Daimao
Dragon Ball Z- Fat Boo
Dragon Ball GT- Pilaf
Dragon Ball Super- Freeza. There really isn’t a lot of options.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:29 pm

DB: Piccolo Sr.
DBZ: Freeza
DBGT: Baby
DBS: Black
DBS2: Elecc (for now)
SDBH: Hearts.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:34 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:08 pm Dragon Ball GT: Baby Vegeta! He's so hot, especially his final form!
I can agree with that even though i'm not gay (i personally don't see anything wrong with admitting some other guy is attractive irl)
MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:11 pm Dragon Ball GT- Pilaf
Now that's an interesting answer i never expected to see, especially considering he's responsible for making Goku small again which is something a lot of people hated.
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:29 pm SDBH: Hearts.
If we're considering SDBH as well (cause why not really?) then i'd say Kamin, she was very cute and we don't see much female villains in DB. After her, probably Hearts as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:46 pm

DB - Piccolo Daimao
DBZ - Freeza
DBGT - Baby
DBS - ...also freeza :shifty:
Did you reeeeally hate Baby or the shadow dragons that much?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:58 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:46 pm DB - Piccolo Daimao
DBZ - Freeza
DBGT - Baby
Yes

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:40 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:34 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:08 pm Dragon Ball GT: Baby Vegeta! He's so hot, especially his final form!
I can agree with that even though i'm not gay (i personally don't see anything wrong with admitting some other guy is attractive irl)
Now that's an interesting answer i never expected to see, especially considering he's responsible for making Goku small again which is something a lot of people hated.
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:29 pm SDBH: Hearts.
If we're considering SDBH as well (cause why not really?) then i'd say Kamin, she was very cute and we don't see much female villains in DB. After her, probably Hearts as well.
I mean...you could be bi. The spectrum of men out there is so much wider than a lot of media portray men. Like, I totally didn't know about the variety until 2018 when I started looking into men. Femboys? Holy shit, blew my mind when I learned about them.

Anyway, never say never, I say!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:32 pm

DB: Piccolo Daimao
Z: Cell
GT: Baby Vegeta
Super: Frieza

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:32 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:58 pm
DBZ - Freeza
DBGT - Baby
Yes
The Shadow Dragons' concept was great. Execution sucked. The first 5 episodes felt very formulaic and boring.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:49 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:32 pm The Shadow Dragons' concept was great. Execution sucked. The first 5 episodes felt very formulaic and boring.
There's popular opinion saying "only last 3 dragons were good" but I actually prefer early dragons than the last 3, except Nuova. That especially applies to Haze and Oceanus. Naturon as well. Rage was the only one i didn't like from the first 4 and i consider him the worst of all 7.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Dragon Ball - Tenshinhan (Wonderfully nuanced character arc that is often overlooked and underappreciated)

Dragon Ball Z - Freeza (The most well written to ever come out of Dragon Ball. Who's presence in-universe and popularity out-of-universe, has cast an unfortunately huge shadow over Dragon Ball as a whole)

Dragon Ball GT - Baby (Got wonderfully Invasion of the Body Snatches vibes from his early on, before becoming a very one-dimensional villain)

Dragon Ball Super - Goku Black (Best villain introduction in all of Dragon Ball and Nozawa kills it in her performance. Just a shame his origins makes no fucking sense)

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:35 pm Dragon Ball - Tenshinhan (Wonderfully nuanced character arc that is often overlooked and underappreciated)
I don't consider Tenshinhan a villain in Dragon Ball (although the anime goes to great lengths with filler to make him one). Antagonist, yes, but he's ultimately just a misguided youngster. That said, I'm in total agreement that the character arc is brilliant.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:20 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:32 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:58 pm
DBZ - Freeza
DBGT - Baby

Yes
The Shadow Dragons' concept was great. Execution sucked. The first 5 episodes felt very formulaic and boring.
It's meant to build.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:02 pm

DB: King Piccolo for a number of reasons. His memory alone was enough to strike fear into Roshi. He was the first villain to have the entire planet by the balls, and was responsible for enormous amounts of death, destruction, and chaos in general. He was unapologetically evil to the core, and even destroyed Shenron (temporarily).

Z: Frieza, for building and maintaining an empire for decades, being a ruthless bastard, striking terror into the hearts of countless people, and being a badass in general. Every time we were lead to believe the heroes were gaining the upper hand it turned out Frieza had another form/more power. His torturing and killing of Vegeta was brutal. He pushed Goku to the limit both physically and mentally, forcing him to dig deep, soldier on, and resort to increasingly risky tactics. He pushed Goku over the edge and triggered the first Super Saiyan transformation, which alone should make him the best villain. And the guy could also take one hell of a beating, lacking the regeneration of later villains he got by on pure grit, similar to Vegeta before him.

GT: Baby. He had an interesting motive and might have been sympathetic if he wasn't a complete psycho. I liked the early stuff with him hopping from one body to another, Destroy All Humans style. His history and grudge with Vegeta was also interesting. He had some cool looking forms too. Him turning all of Goku's friends and family against him was a huge accomplishment for a villain.

Super: It's gotta be Zamasu/Goku Black, simply because so few of the other antagonists in Super are straight up villains, and Frieza has become a joke at this point. I don't find Zamasu to be sympathetic in the least, but he's still an interesting character to watch in just how unhinged and deluded he is. He brought real tension to Super for the first time, and gave us some great episodes. The guy was a constant threat from start to finish, and ultimately succeeded in wiping out an entire timeline.

Honourable mentions;
Tao
Vegeta
Cell
Buu

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:58 am

Dragon Ball - None.
Dragon Ball Z - Janemba (Honorable mentions: Raditz and Buu. The latter if watching the dub of my own country).
Dragon Ball Online - Mira and Towa (Honorable mention: Fu).

Dragon Ball GT - Baby.
Dragon Ball Super - None (Honorable mention: Goku Black).
Dragon Ball Heroes - Kamin, Oren, Lagss and Putine (Honorable mention: Robelu).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:02 pm

DB: King Piccolo
DBZ: Freeza
GT: Baby
DBS: I wasn't a big fan of the actual villains so favorite antagonist is Beerus.