Bacterian's job is cook

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Bacterian's job is cook

Post by coola » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:44 am

Finished reading Dragon Ball Full Color volume 3, at the end of it we have Toriyama talking about jobs/hobbies of 21th TB and i was surprised to see Bacterian job is cook. How desperate you have to be, to hire someone who never took bath? And have him prepare food?
Last edited by coola on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Bacterian's job is cook

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:55 am

Perhaps the restaurant was recently featured in Kitchen Nightmares and had to get desperate due to lower business afterwards
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:12 pm

What a revolting development!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:46 pm

I hope that restaurant got shut down.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:49 pm

Pretty sure the Piccolo Daimao filler shows him as a street bum, so he must not have cut a living wage from it. That, or it was shut down.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:20 pm

The food quality and hygiene at wherever he worked was probably still better than most Maccies, KFCs and kebab shops I've seen.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:15 am

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:49 pm Pretty sure the Piccolo Daimao filler shows him as a street bum, so he must not have cut a living wage from it. That, or it was shut down.
That scene was actually pretty creepy, almost anime Imperfect Cell level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUFlI2k8ZA
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:12 am

Going on a tangent but I think the Daimao arc and Saiyan arc were Toei’s best work in expanding and improving on the source material. Shame they did a 180 on the Namek arc.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:38 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:12 am Going on a tangent but I think the Daimao arc and Saiyan arc were Toei’s best work in expanding and improving on the source material. Shame they did a 180 on the Namek arc.
The change seemed to be an effect of Morishita taking over as the producer. I definitely agree with you, I think that it was a real shame that they didn't flesh out the Namek arc more with new plot threads. When Nishio and Koyama didn't mind contradicting the comic they were at their best.

What I wouldn't give for more storylines like the orphans or Fake Namek.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:43 am

coola wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:15 am
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:49 pm Pretty sure the Piccolo Daimao filler shows him as a street bum, so he must not have cut a living wage from it. That, or it was shut down.
That scene was actually pretty creepy, almost anime Imperfect Cell level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUFlI2k8ZA
The scene with Wolfman's body flowing down the stream was even creepier
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:44 pm

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I thought I had dreamed that scene, I love it, its so creepy and scary, the perfect testament to the cruelty of Piccolo Daimao. The wolfman corpse scene.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:11 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:12 am Going on a tangent but I think the Daimao arc and Saiyan arc were Toei’s best work in expanding and improving on the source material. Shame they did a 180 on the Namek arc.
Watching the Saiyan arc right now, and 100%. I love or even just like the majorty of filler. Same with Daimao. It adds so much to those arcs.

The Wolfman corpse scene is one of the more unnerving scenes in Dragon Ball. I also love the filler reveal of him actually having a cute girlfriend once he's revived.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:14 pm

He's Man-Wolf :wink: And wow, i really need to rewatch original Dragon Ball, in Japanese dub this time, been ages since i last saw it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTz_tMDAdEM
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:28 am

That's a public health concern

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:08 am

I think that's the ironic gag. Would be like having Muten Roshi as an HR rep for Capsule Corp. Or like having Vegeta as a team building coach or something.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:33 pm

He probably uses his stink for flavor.
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:11 pm The Wolfman corpse scene is one of the more unnerving scenes in Dragon Ball. I also love the filler reveal of him actually having a cute girlfriend once he's revived.
He's a beautiful man. No surprise there.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 am

Where, the friggin' S.S. Diarrhea?
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.