Does anyone have the DBZ Dragon Box set Dragon Book guides?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BLAST!PROCESSOR

Does anyone have the DBZ Dragon Box set Dragon Book guides?

Post by BLAST!PROCESSOR » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:54 pm

To get straight to the point I'm looking for any (new) information that's in these guides and while bits and portions are scattered about the internet, I just can't find a place where I can look at all the pages and buying them is either a bit too expensive or hard to find in general).

Anyone who has shown these portions did years ago and just can't be contacted or reached so I'm not looking to bother anyone about everything. Just only a few specific pieces of info that might or might not be in those guides since I don't know.

The pictures below are just examples in case you don't know what they look like guide series look like and some pages too in case you somehow find them on the internet or something if you recognize them or something.

Dragonbook examples:
https://imgur.com/gallery/T4s28Lr

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone have the DBZ Dragon Box set Dragon Book guides?

Post by Adamant » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:01 pm

Lots of people have them, but you're not exactly being very clear on what you want here.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

BLAST!PROCESSOR

Post by BLAST!PROCESSOR » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Adamant wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:01 pm Lots of people have them, but you're not exactly being very clear on what you want here.
And ironically, you failed to do the same here. Please reread the post again. I clearly worded what I wanted and what I was asking for and showed pictures for those who had no idea about this kind of obscure guidebook series.. There's literally no way I can make it more clear than to try and break a simple request down even more (somehow).

Clearly there are things I want to know from said Dragon Book guide series that I'm certain people have (as I kind of had shown/stated that or I wouldn't of bothered with the post) but I need to contact anyone who has them FIRST before I can get more specific when it comes to the more specific information I want. There's no point in going in any further detail and making the post unnecessarily longer with a list of things people might not get yet or might seem like too much work for them to want to help me with.

Understand now? Because if you still don't, I'm really sorry but I can't help you.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:37 pm

The thing is, no-one here is going to just give you the entirety of the books -- that's still piracy.

So if you have something specific you want to know, or some kind of even topic that you're interested in knowing if they touch on, by all means go ahead and ask. Gotta give something here, ya' know? As Adamant said, plenty of people here own not just the FUNimation versions, but the original Japanese versions (him and I both included), and have the language skills to back up any casual questions.

(Like, "hey, I'm curious if they talk about the Kienzan... or filler material... or episode dates...")

Don't just waltz in with an attitude at first response, though, because then no-one's going to want to help you! I don't see anything wrong with Adamant's response; I'm just as confused as him as to what it is you're actually looking to know.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BLAST!PROCESSOR

Post by BLAST!PROCESSOR » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:52 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:37 pm The thing is, no-one here is going to just give you the entirety of the books -- that's still piracy.

So if you have something specific you want to know, or some kind of even topic that you're interested in knowing if they touch on, by all means go ahead and ask. Gotta give something here, ya' know? As Adamant said, plenty of people here own not just the FUNimation versions, but the original Japanese versions (him and I both included), and have the language skills to back up any casual questions.

(Like, "hey, I'm curious if they talk about the Kienzan... or filler material... or episode dates...")

Don't just waltz in with an attitude at first response, though, because then no-one's going to want to help you! I don't see anything wrong with Adamant's response; I'm just as confused as him as to what it is you're actually looking to know.
AGAIN. I already know how it works here. I don't just want the someone to just send me the entire guide series picture by picture or anything like that. I never asked for that. I was only asking first, who had the guide series FIRST so that anyone who did could say so AND THEN I would be more specific upon them saying would be able to instead of bombarding them with the plethora of questions I had and things I wanted to know. It didn't need any elaboration.

Not understanding what I said wasn't even the problem but them failing to be more specific about their confusion about them being confused and but something that apparently wasn't specific enough just reeks of cognitive dissonance to an almost (but still yet not) offensive level. On top of that and after I me explanation of what I thought was easily understand able wasn't good enough, (which again is not them faulting here but me,) I even went out of my way to (over-)explain and reiterate it again and even though, like I said, it was going to be difficult for me since I already thought it was simple. I then apologized just in case they still didn't understand me and my lack of ability to help them. If anything my "attitude" was putting myself down to the point to where it could've looked like self-deprecation out of context.

I'm just going to assume that the "attitude" part after rereading my second post again was more of an almost comedically cliché cartoony level of the "hard to understand tone through text/completely opposite impression of the same thing from because of different perspectives" sort thing. I'll just take full responsibility for my actions and apologize for everything anyways. I probably should've done a better job at seeing how that would've come across to someone else.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:59 pm

I can tell you first hand, there's nothing strength related in any of the Dragon Books. The books primarily contain recap and very general story information pertaining to the corresponding episodes in that set. They're nothing like the in-depth daizenshuu guides. You can hit up our Home Video Guide and check the Dragon Box pages to see what's listed for all the corresponding books. They're great collectors items, with some new interviews, but nothing mind blowing, especially concerning character strengths or battle powers.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

BLAST!PROCESSOR

Post by BLAST!PROCESSOR » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:36 pm

Hujio wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:59 pm I can tell you first hand, there's nothing strength related in any of the Dragon Books. The books primarily contain recap and very general story information pertaining to the corresponding episodes in that set. They're nothing like the in-depth daizenshuu guides. You can hit up our Home Video Guide and check the Dragon Box pages to see what's listed for all the corresponding books. They're great collectors items, with some new interviews, but nothing mind blowing, especially concerning character strengths or battle powers.
Alright, Thank you. After going through one of the Dragon Books myself I was able to find some useful little bits of info (not for battle powers or anything like that) but nothing that couldn't be concluded just from consuming the source material so I'll take your word for it and assume anything important enough probably would've been mentioned somewhere before. I only bothered asking since I thought I'd be able to get more info on (possibly a lot of) things from having bits of the source material but again, I'm not trying to make anyone work so again, Thanks for the help. The Home Video Guide seems helpful enough.