I hope Goten and Trunks get to train and fight

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

I hope Goten and Trunks get to train and fight

Post by super michael » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:46 am

Just like the title says it would be cool if we got to see them train and fight villains, they are the only characters to not shine in DBS. Heck even Mr Satan and Chiaotzu of all people got to fight along with Buu.

I really hope that Goten and Trunks grows also, seeing that Pan grows in the new movie in 2022.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I hope Goten and Trunks gets to train and fight

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:52 am

I feel this is the 67892nd time you have made this topic.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:17 am

I think it's becoming less likely that will happen. Super Hero takes place a few months before EoZ which showed that Goten and Trunks lost interest in training and have been slacking off for years.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:31 am

Skar wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:17 am I think it's becoming less likely that will happen. Super Hero takes place a few months before EoZ which showed that Goten and Trunks lost interest in training and have been slacking off for years.
I hope just because they are lazy in EOZ, doesn't mean they are lazy in Super Heroes and if they go beyond EOZ.

Remember there is DBO which they are not lazy and have their dojo. That is written by Toriyama.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:14 am

super michael wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:31 amRemember there is DBO which they are not lazy and have their dojo. That is written by Toriyama.
Oh I remember that now. I think the only threat to the Earth between EoZ and almost all of the Z fighters passing away were remnants of Freeza's army which they wouldn't need SSJ against. Goten and Trunks might've only trained not to lose power but not enough to get much stronger since I don't think they obtained SSJ2 in DBO.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:24 am

super michael wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:31 am
Skar wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:17 am I think it's becoming less likely that will happen. Super Hero takes place a few months before EoZ which showed that Goten and Trunks lost interest in training and have been slacking off for years.
I hope just because they are lazy in EOZ, doesn't mean they are lazy in Super Heroes and if they go beyond EOZ.

Remember there is DBO which they are not lazy and have their dojo. That is written by Toriyama.
DBO wasnt really written by Toriyama so much as he just threw in a bunch of concepts for a video game and fucked back off.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: I hope Goten and Trunks get to train and fight

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:39 am

If it didn't happen at the beginning of DBS, it won't happen just prior to EoZ, when they are so out of touch with fighting that they need to be forced by their parents to enter the TB. If it happens, it will be against their will.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 am

You really love Goten and Trunks, don't you? You seem to have a lot to say about them given you have created multiple threads by now. One of these threads even got locked, for being exactly the same as another one. Hell, I myself am having a strong déjà vu for pointing out how many times a thread about Goten and Trunks was made...! :)

For that, I still support the idea of you coming up with "Goten & Trunks Appreciation Thread". There, you can tell and show us how much you love these characters in a more detailed and concise way, as well as stating all your wishes, expectations, fun trivia, maybe even stuff we don't know about related to these characters. You wouldn't need to come up with more threads about Goten and Trunks.

"Appreciation Thread" is what you're looking for. If you're unsure, please do look for "appreciation threads" already made by other users. You can take some inspiration from them. Heck, I'll help you. Here are a few examples: Kaioshin of East Appreciation Thread / Super Saiyan 2 Appreciation Thread / Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Appreciation Thread.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:36 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:24 am
super michael wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:31 am

DBO wasnt really written by Toriyama so much as he just threw in a bunch of concepts for a video game and fucked back off.
Yeah but he does that with pretty much everything these days, unless you were to really fuck something up and you know, that's how we all ended up with dragon ball battle of gods. Because of dragon ball evaluation. He himself admitted he wrote the majority of battle of gods. I think Toriyama might have adhd or something, cause I kind of do the same thing honestly.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:59 am

Yes, there are many characters I hope get to train and fight. :lol:

Ironixie

Post by Ironixie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:38 am

Yes, possibly have a training arc of some sort, my idea for a training arc would be to have Goku and Vegeta decide to have Goten and Trunks go to the future timeline with Trunks to experience what it actually means to have something more than yourselves or even your families to fight for since they've lived more luxurious lives compared to Goku and Vegeta and have been getting protected. Goku and Vegeta send them out to the future where humanity attempts to heal itself from the travesties that have occurred over the years.

Them going on an adventure to help Future Trunks restore humanity, after learning a lot of life lessons from future trunks, and going on various humbling adventures with him, they finally learn that they have to accept the mantle as a successor for their fathers eventually. And that's when they learn that with great power comes great responsibilities :lol: Anyway, I just think it'd be cool to see Goten and Trunks making themselves useful in a place that could need the help, them giving the extra hand to F. Trunks. With Future Trunks as a mentor, teaching them to how they should be ready to protect Earth, then eventually them gaining the ability of space travel, so we can get some adventuring to find dragon balls and some fighting, then maybe by the ending stage, they find the dragon balls that granolah has via some kind of dragon rader, wish to have Shin and his friends revived.

(Yeah he'd probably want to revive Gohan and the others, but maybe the condition the dragon makes for this wish is that he can only wish for a revival once, and since gods of creation are important to the universe, it ends up being for the greater good, he makes the sacrifice of his desires in order to let the universe flourish once more. And of course, there are the Namekian dragon balls, but I'm going to have it where they put limitations on the wishes, like what happened in DBO. So no revivals.)

Now, in the end, the reward for all this to Goten and P. Trunks, is that they understand the universe and the world always needs a savior, and to do what's beat for everyone and not just yourselves, they hopefully learn some humility, mature learn to grow. It's a coming-of-age story especially, with the added benefit that of learning to become super saiyan rage (for trunks) and Go Super Saiyan 3 (for Goten).

I wrote all this at 2:35 am for no reason, I have mild insomnia and I start to just randomly conceptualize things for no reason at this time, also because I like to reinterpret stories in new ways, lastly, I know someone might bring up the future timeline is gone. I know, I just felt like writing something anyway.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:48 pm

Everyone is interested in seeing Goten and Trunks progress except the makers of the show. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:57 pm

The makers of the show are too busy doing retellings, tournaments and formulaic sagas. No time and room to care for trivial details.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:29 pm

Progess where? They are eventually going to lose their interest in battle.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:16 pm

They were written out of being relevant to battles during the final 2 chapters of the manga, where it's made clear that they aren't interested in fighting anymore.

What's confusing is that, rather than play into this in Super, it instead consistently writes them as still being interested in fighting and training but constantly denied opportunities. And then in a few years Goku and Vegeta will be blaming it on their laziness :crazy:

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:04 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 am You really love Goten and Trunks, don't you? You seem to have a lot to say about them given you have created multiple threads by now. One of these threads even got locked, for being exactly the same as another one. Hell, I myself am having a strong déjà vu for pointing out how many times a thread about Goten and Trunks was made...! :)

For that, I still support the idea of you coming up with "Goten & Trunks Appreciation Thread". There, you can tell and show us how much you love these characters in a more detailed and concise way, as well as stating all your wishes, expectations, fun trivia, maybe even stuff we don't know about related to these characters. You wouldn't need to come up with more threads about Goten and Trunks.

"Appreciation Thread" is what you're looking for. If you're unsure, please do look for "appreciation threads" already made by other users. You can take some inspiration from them. Heck, I'll help you. Here are a few examples: Kaioshin of East Appreciation Thread / Super Saiyan 2 Appreciation Thread / Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Appreciation Thread.
I never done a character appreciate thread before, thanks for the idea. When the times comes to make one I will make it really good. Right now I don't have much free time.

BeaBumby
Beyond Newbie

Post by BeaBumby » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:27 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 am You really love Goten and Trunks, don't you? You seem to have a lot to say about them given you have created multiple threads by now. One of these threads even got locked, for being exactly the same as another one. Hell, I myself am having a strong déjà vu for pointing out how many times a thread about Goten and Trunks was made...! :)

Are there SSG and SSJ3 threads like this?
Hiya! I'm Bea :]
she/her yknow

uhhh me icon was drawn by bestest friend ever! feel free to compliment their artistic prowess!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:21 am

If there are, the users didn't put the name "Appreciation Thread" in the title. If it's your intention to come up with one, please do put it so that it's easier to find your thread (also because I "collect" these threads).

~ War of the Dinobots ~