Despite his goals, Zamasu is pure of heart?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nagyzöld
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Despite his goals, Zamasu is pure of heart?

Post by Nagyzöld » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:26 am

NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:50 pm Zamasu is a complete psychopath and a narcissistic hypocrite. There's no possible way you can argue that he's in any way a good guy, let alone "pure of heart" in any real sense.
And especially not with the tea arguments, which I saw has been brought up several times.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:01 am

I think the line about tea is like a proverb or figure of speech. Whoever wrote it probably didn't intend for it to be taken literally that tea in the DB universe has mystical properties that judge morality.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:40 am

Nagyzöld wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:26 am
NickLord wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:50 pm Zamasu is a complete psychopath and a narcissistic hypocrite. There's no possible way you can argue that he's in any way a good guy, let alone "pure of heart" in any real sense.
And especially not with the tea arguments, which I saw has been brought up several times.
After reading your thorough explanation, I agree. The tea arguments are not as convincing anymore.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:54 pm

Skar wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:01 am I think the line about tea is like a proverb or figure of speech. Whoever wrote it probably didn't intend for it to be taken literally that tea in the DB universe has mystical properties that judge morality.
Not just any ol' tea. Whatever godly tea they happened to be making.

I just don't see what the problem is. The show has used "Pure of heart" for very specific things. Why are you fighting the show's definition of the phrase by using a definition from somewhere else?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:20 pm

let's remember Vegeta was pure as well. pure EVIL, that's it.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:47 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:26 am I mean I feel like we're deliberately diluting the meaning of being "pure of heart" here.

All delusional people believe in themselves.
Yo😂hilarious...but true. Knew few delusional ppl who believe their whole life meant something & its only when u gave them a taste of their own deeds in their own ways they'd straight-up turn into a comedy piece in ya eyes...even in their own perspective.

I regard this Ningen guy to be the same. I dont think he even has a charcter beyond "Ningen" & "Kami" which is why I dont even call him by his name. With such character-less "thing", tagging words like "pure heart" etc is too far-fetched.

His perspective was skewed like spoilt 5y brat. Some nice wackin frm parents would've got the job done. Only in this case, dude was Kami. Nthing more, nthin less. Peace

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:14 am

Vijay wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:47 am Yo😂hilarious...but true. Knew few delusional ppl who believe their whole life meant something & its only when u gave them a taste of their own deeds in their own ways they'd straight-up turn into a comedy piece in ya eyes...even in their own perspective.

I regard this Ningen guy to be the same. I dont think he even has a charcter beyond "Ningen" & "Kami" which is why I dont even call him by his name. With such character-less "thing", tagging words like "pure heart" etc is too far-fetched.

His perspective was skewed like spoilt 5y brat. Some nice wackin frm parents would've got the job done. Only in this case, dude was Kami. Nthing more, nthin less. Peace
This is a good post. Part of the reason this thread is so tortured and confusing is that, at the end of the day, Zamasu doesn't really have any personality or motivations. It's just "Ningen" this, "Kami" that, just endless melodramatic tropey nonsense that would have been more at home in Naruto than Dragon Ball. I think I appreciate Toyo more than some, but he really dropped the ball here.