Outright Impossible things you would love to see happen.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Re: Outright Impossible things you would love to see happen.

Post by John Pannozzi » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:42 am

OmegaRockman wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:58 am - An uncensored Kanzenban release in English with a full retranslation
This, except make it the Soushuhen instead of the Kanzenban.

Adding to what else has been said in this thread, here are some of my own wishes (some of which are more realistic than others, I would hope):

An uncut, bilingual 4K Blu-ray (and regular Blu-ray) release of all the 80s and 90s movies (with the 1992 Summer Vacation special as an extra).

An uncut, bilingual Blu-ray set containing the Fire Fighting and Traffic Safety videos, the 1993 DBZ Year-End TV Special, Heya! Son Goku & Friends Return!, the Episode of Bardock 2011 special, The Terebiiko DBZ Goku World video, both parts of Plan to Eracdiate the Saiyans (both the 1993 visual guide versions and the 1994 Playdia versions, the latter using Blu-ray seamless branching to recreate the FMV-style gameplay), and Raging Blast 2's Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans video.

An uncut, bilingual Blu-ray set of all the Dream 9 Toriko and One Piece crossover specials (both those that also involve Dragon Ball and those that don't).

A Switch physical release collecting various vintage Jump-related games, including all the Go! Go! Ackman games, the two Gokuhen SFC games, and Hyper Dimension.

For the rest of the Dr. Slump-media to get an official English release (including the Dr. Slump Returns for A Little While manga, and the late 90s V-Jump manga which AFAIK has not been collected anywhere yet)

A World of Akira Toriyama Blu-ray set containing the Kosuke & Rikimaru film, the Pink short film, the Kennosuke-sama short film, and the Go! Go! Ackman short film.

English releases of Hetappi Manga Kenkyūjo, Kajika, the Neko Majin kanzenban, Katsura Akira, Toccio the Angel, the Dragon Ball SD tankobans, the DeSpo FighterZ tankobans, and all the DB Heroes manga.

An Akira Toriyama's Manga Theater Vol. 2 including :
Awawa World
Mysterious Rain Jack
Lady Red
Rocky
Wolf
Alien X-Peke (2 chapters)
Tokimecha (3 chapters)
Bubul and the Majin Village
Mahimahi the Lungfish
Hyowtam
Delicious Island’s Mr. U
Kintoki
2 4-coma strips from the first issue of Super Jump
Battleman/F-1 Grand Prix strips
Monmon Sump Game (from Weekly Jump 1992 issue 3 / 4)
Saikin no Washi (from Saikyo Jump July 2014)

And a Dragon Ball Rarities Manga collection including:

The Anime & Me (from first DBZ Anime Special)
Piccolo and Vegeta and Future Trunks Illustrated stories
This is the Planet Namek Dragon Park Police Station (from Super Kochikame)
Cross Epoch
DB 30th Anniversary Super History Collection strip
Heya! Son Goku & Friends Return (both parts)
Dr. Mashirito Abale-chan
Revival of “F” (three chapters)
All content from Episode of Bardock Super Kanzenban
Dragon Ball SD 2011 (four chapters)
Dragon Ball SD Majin Buu Extra Story (from Saikyo Jump July 2014)
Dragon Ball SD Bonus chapters from March 2016 Saikyo Jump and March 2018 Saikyo Jump
Dragon Ball SD strip from Jump Victory Carnival 2018 Guidebook

Dragon Ball Game Manga collection including:

Hobby Warrior: Burn On, Bui! (three chapters)
Jump Super Stars: Sena in Wonderland?!
Dragon Ball Discross Divine Power God MAX!! (11 chapters+bonus chapters)
Dragon Ball Fusions the Manga!! (13 chapters + 3 bonus chapters)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 The Manga
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:35 am

Imposible thing I'd love to see? A video release that just goes from manga panel to manga panel using music and voiceover (they have this, just not for Dragon Ball). I would mostly be interested in the Ocean cast doing this. Screw it--that would be good enough to make up for Ocean Kai getting shelved never to see the light of day. And, would be great for them to do Super. Also, would be nice to get some sort of music/voiceover for the manga arcs that the anime hasn't covered (thisngoes for the Ocean cast, Funimation's cast, or the Japanese cast of course).

No timing, no mouth flaps, no mimicking another cast--just pure acting out the manga lines. I would love to see it. This idea came as I'm going through the Super manga, actively changing the voices for the characters in my imagination between their Japanese voices, Funimation voices, and Ocean voices.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:03 pm

I would love to see more Dragon Ball films like Path to Power - that condense/remake the stories.

I'm sad they never followed up Path to Power with a remake of Piccolo Daimao or the three major sagas in Z.

A series of films remaking and condensing GT could be incredible if done right too.

Also, I want a Jaco The Galactic Patrol film.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:24 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:12 pm Anime adaptation of the Dragon Ball Super manga in Shintani style. No additional toei filler except maybe make some action sequences more elaborate. Skip BoG, RoF and Broly. Hopefully one day we'll get this for Moro onwards.

Also Goku in smash bros
This but including the RoF chapters he did but with the Base Goku freeza powerscaling fixed, either using God or SS3 first.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Goe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Goe » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:32 am

1. A new Spanish (from Spain, not Latin America) dub with all old fub mistakes fixed.
2. A new DBZ (with only DB and DBZ content) game with Tenkaichi-like-gameplay but Budokai-like power asignation (with capsules), a great story mode and the chance to turn every saiyan character into SSJ, SS2 and SSJ3. I'd like Bardock's friends and DBZ Pan as playable characters, and a the chance to turn Freezer and Cold into the 5 forms (including Cooler's final form). Story mode should be loyal to original manga/anime, but you could reach unseen transformations and use it later (for example, in the same way you can't turn into SSJ when you are fighting against Raditz by first in Tenkaichi 2, but later, when you reach Freezer saga, you can fight him again in SSJ. In the game I propose, you couldn't use SSJ3 Vegeta until you complete Boo saga. With main antagonists that problem would exist, since they are usually playable in non-story modes only). I'd like the story of the guy who reincarnated in Yamcha in story mode, with him fighting Piccolo Daimaoh's henchmen and the Ginyu force.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:25 am

Toriyama being a guest at conventions more than once in a lifetime.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

NickLord
Banned Alternate Account

Post by NickLord » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:46 pm

An official DBS X OPM anime crossover

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:26 am

First thing I thought of is Yajarobe actually being a useful badass instead of a useless lazy ass
He has SOME good swordsmanship skills but they are severely wasted throughout the entirety of the series

Remember the ONLY time when he ACTUALLY did something badass : cut off Vegeta’s tail

Why didn’t he have more moments like that to overcome his cowardice and have some more moments of bravery?

I mean I know almost ALL the antagonists are infinitely more powerful than him as he’s just a regular human with a very weak power level obviously but maybe he could’ve at LEAST helped against the Saibamen or something by catching them by surprise like he did with Great Ape Vegeta
In fact surprise seems to be his forte and best bet at getting any attack in at a much stronger opponent
Last edited by SorikaiWolf89 on Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:30 am

dva_raza wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:18 pm For Goku to kiss Chi Chi
:clap: :clap:

But does he even know HOW ?
Vegeta almost had to explain it to him what a freakin kiss is 😂

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:36 am

Peach wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:03 pm I would love to see more Dragon Ball films like Path to Power - that condense/remake the stories.

I'm sad they never followed up Path to Power with a remake of Piccolo Daimao or the three major sagas in Z.

A series of films remaking and condensing GT could be incredible if done right too.

Also, I want a Jaco The Galactic Patrol film.
Yeah that would be awesome if they ever reanimated the entire series in a Kai like condensed movie trilogy
Actually with the release of Kai I’m kinda surprised they haven’t done that yet
Maybe for its 35th or 40th anniversary hopefully
(Dang I can’t believe the series is almost that old already!)

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:49 am

A redub with Kenan Thomson voicing Goku and Kell Mitchell voicing Gohan.

"I dropped...the potara....in the rock cracks".

slifer875

Post by slifer875 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:08 pm

1 Android 21 being the main character and antagonist of a film, i would have preffer that over whatever the hell the new movie was, she is popular and easily one of the best new things in the franchise since BOG.

2 Drop vegeta from this "eternal rival main character to goku" type of stuff, vegeta wasnt especial to goku in the manga, they barely talk, he was a secondary character that got popular to the point we HAVE to see his face everywhere in modern dragon ball, if goku gets anything the vegeta fan boys will cry and then vegeta gets something inmediately, the baby cries, baby gets the bottle.
Goku gets god form? then vegeta must get god form, goku combines blue with kaioken? Quick we must give something to vegeta or the fans will get angry again! goku gets ultra instinc? then vegeta MUST get a new form Ultra masochist!, goku gets his unique tecnique called dragon fist? then vegeta MUST also get a dragon fist tecnique in the video games! its so fucking repetitive and boring.
Since when dragon ball became the dynamic duo? why does goku existence must be chained to vegeta? do vegeta fans actually enjoy this? vegeta in super is just grumpy in his crossed arms pose 100% of the time, i found vegeta in DBS his most boring version of the character.

3 since i am ranting about DBS, i wish for a remake of the entire thing, dont redo BOG or resurrection of F, get away from the yamammuro style, make it a seasonal 25 episode anime by year, make it happen AFTER the manga, universe 6 would be the first arc while also adding the exhibition episodes to it, establish the tournament of power as the final arc since episode 1, keep the characters personalities closer to the original manga, leave recolors out and just focus on the concept of god ki, make it 100 episodes instead of 131, maybe add caulifla as gokus student? i saw a fan manga on twitter that did this concept perfectly.

4 maybe a fan remake of the legacy of goku games? with better sprites and dialogue closer to the manga.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:24 am

slifer875 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:08 pm Since when dragon ball became the dynamic duo? why does goku existence must be chained to vegeta? do vegeta fans actually enjoy this?
Since the Buu arc. It almost feels like Gohan tested first as a lead but then Goku took over and his dynamic with Vegeta was too appealing, and so it stayed. I didn’t dislike their ‘duo’ per se but I hate when Goku’s character is sabotaged in favor of that dynamic, which is what I'm feeling lately.

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:28 am

SorikaiWolf89 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:30 am

😄 I think it would be the ballsiest thing to happen in DB if it turned out that he does

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:54 am

I think at this point I want him to just hang out with someone other than Vegeta, have him go on a mission with Orange Piccolo or something.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:04 am

A good AND affordable DBZ release with broadcast Japanese audio and proper credits for English.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:37 pm

A spinoff anime staring Caulifla, Kale and Cabba.

Madhouse producing the anime.

The entire Pre-Moro DBS manga getting rewritten or deleted.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:40 pm

dva_raza wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:28 am

😄 I think it would be the ballsiest thing to happen in DB if it turned out that he does
Didn't Goku and Chi-Chi kiss in the Z anime? It was even in Kai.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:17 pm

MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Nope, that's exclusive to the FUNimation dub of Z IIRC. Pretty sure the only time Goku and Chi Chi kissed was in the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budokai, but even then, it was less Goku doing the kissing, and more Chi Chi.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:03 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:17 pm
MrGohanks wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Nope, that's exclusive to the FUNimation dub of Z IIRC. Pretty sure the only time Goku and Chi Chi kissed was in the 23rd Tenka'ichi Budokai, but even then, it was less Goku doing the kissing, and more Chi Chi.
The dub added the sound but it was strongly implied in the Z anime.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.