Outright Impossible things you would love to see happen.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Outright Impossible things you would love to see happen.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:20 am

I dont know if we already have one of these. But here goes NOTHING!

-For Konami Cross Media NY (I miss when they were called 4K Media!) to purchase the Saturday Morning Slots from FOX and have them air Kai and Super along with Yu Gi Oh Sevens and all sorts of other anime. GIVE US THE DAYTIME TOONAMI REVIVAL WE DESERVE.

-For Simmons to not be forced to include Dubisms in his subs of DBZ. We were doing so well what happened Funimation? You wouldnt dare do that to One Piece Funimation so why is it okay to do it to DRAGON BALL!?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Outright Impossible things you would love to see happen.

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:36 am

A Blu-Ray release with two faithful redubs of every episode of OG Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT by the Texas and Vancouver casts and broadcast audio for the Japanese version.

An SD on Blu-Ray for the original first two edited seasons of Dragon Ball Z, the Westwood and Blue Water dubs (Discotek would do this if they had the license).

Also, Ocean Kai on Blu-Ray with three audio mixes by the Anitunes team Keenlyside and Mitchell (composers of it's replacement score), Yamamoto and Kikuchi.

All 98 episodes of Kai with Yamamoto for the Japanese and Funimation casts, and an Ocean dub of Super would also be nice to have on a physical release.

I'd have to spend a good fortune on all of those impossible releases, but it would be worth it :)
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:49 am

What dubisms is Simmons forced to do?

Also idk why we need heavily edited Dragon Ball shows on television.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:12 pm

- Proper DB-DBGT release with broadcast audio from Discotek
- Another Supersonic Warriors or Musou style video game
- Someone other than Toei got anime produce rights
- Funimation lost DB licence to Discotek or Sentai Filmworks
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:26 pm

ALL the Shunsuke Kikuchi music to be found and released
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:52 pm

An anime arc with a bunch of engaging mysteries to theorize about and adventure to new and exciting locations with multiple plotlines running concurrently that eventually intersect in time for the climax of the story to begin. Also new arc-specific outfits/costume changes.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:59 pm

-A re-animation of DBZ and GT, but only re-doing the awful episodes of Last House studios. That was I was hoping DBZ Kai was about lol.

- Re-doing DBS blending the anime and the manga, best of both worlds.

fleahop
Beyond Newbie

Post by fleahop » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:25 pm

A complete re-telling be it either manga or anime but with full authority and oversight from Toriyama.

An attempt to keep everything that made the original so great, while properly setting up future story beats. Trying to keep a consistent narrative throughout. I'd really like that.
Movie 1/Dead Zone >>> DBS Broly

I'll die on this hill

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:29 pm

FUNimation's DBZ releases becoming competent
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:12 pm

Anime adaptation of the Dragon Ball Super manga in Shintani style. No additional toei filler except maybe make some action sequences more elaborate. Skip BoG, RoF and Broly. Hopefully one day we'll get this for Moro onwards.

Also Goku in smash bros

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Goku as the antagonist. Not a body snatcher or mind control or "Kakarot regains his Saiyan programming" type plots. Goku himself being a legitimate threat needing to be stopped. They can go the "he's become so much of an apathetic dopamine-addict that he's going against common sense and putting everything and everyone in danger" route that the anime ToP originally pitched and we've been seeing shades of since he's become an adult, or maybe some unalterable predestined event caused a Time Patrol version of Goku to become so jaded and puts him in direct opposition to the heroes, if they don't want to directly implicate the mainline Goku.

It would be interesting.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:20 am I dont know if we already have one of these. But here goes NOTHING!

-For Konami Cross Media NY (I miss when they were called 4K Media!) to purchase the Saturday Morning Slots from FOX and have them air Kai and Super along with Yu Gi Oh Sevens and all sorts of other anime. GIVE US THE DAYTIME TOONAMI REVIVAL WE DESERVE.

-For Simmons to not be forced to include Dubisms in his subs of DBZ. We were doing so well what happened Funimation? You wouldnt dare do that to One Piece Funimation so why is it okay to do it to DRAGON BALL!?
Simmons thing you mentioned, broadcast audio, proper recolors (there’s literally releases by fans better than what Toei and funi release), Toriyama creating the Super manga from scratch or at least giving us some more info to how he would have done things differently. Toriyama’s take on Black and co and what he wanted Rosé to be. Toriyama illustrations.

SUPER DAIZENSHUU

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:58 am

- The Japanese broadcast audio to be on home video, hopefully with a good remaster for the video
- A redub of OG DB with better scripts, the Kai cast, and all the insert songs retained, even if it takes a Kai recut for that to happen
- An updated Super TV series dub that fixes the most egregious liberties in the scripts (there aren't that many, but it's enough to be irritating; the dub is really good otherwise)
- A rerelease of the Broly film with all of Broly's lines redubbed by JYB
- A release of all the Canadian dubs on disc, particularly the three uncut Z films (they could do with the visual upgrade), the BW GT dub, and the Ocean Kai dub
- A Goku Black film that incorporates the best parts of the anime and manga while making adjustments of its own to make the definitive version of that story
- An uncensored Kanzenban release in English with a full retranslation
- All the lost dubs to be found, even if they're never released on home video
- Maybe Legacy of Goku remakes with gameplay improvements and updated scripts that follow the Kai dub?

The only other thing off the top of my head is the anime to return with adaptations of Moro, Granola, and anything that comes after in the manga, and that's inevitable at this point.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:28 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:43 pm Goku as the antagonist. Not a body snatcher or mind control or "Kakarot regains his Saiyan programming" type plots. Goku himself being a legitimate threat needing to be stopped. They can go the "he's become so much of an apathetic dopamine-addict that he's going against common sense and putting everything and everyone in danger" route that the anime ToP originally pitched and we've been seeing shades of since he's become an adult, or maybe some unalterable predestined event caused a Time Patrol version of Goku to become so jaded and puts him in direct opposition to the heroes, if they don't want to directly implicate the mainline Goku.

It would be interesting.
If there were a Dragon Ball and DC crossover, I always pitched the idea that Freeza discovers an Orange Lantern ring of avarice, but when he tries to use this new power to destroy the saiyans, the ring actually leaves him and attaches itself instead... to Goku. Revealing him to be the greediest person in the universe, he is greedy for power. A behavior altering device like the Orange Lantern ring could be the catalyst for a Goku who needs to be stopped.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:53 pm

-Legacy of Goku 4 based on DB or GT

-Budokai Tenkaichi 4 with updated roster and added some missing characters

-DBZ Legendary Super Warriors remake with full 3D graphics or high quality sprites

-Multiverse crossover in main series/movie, kinda like they did with newest Spider-man movie lol or like Trunks did in Xenoverse 2 when he beaten Zamasu by getting energy from other timelines. Bascially Heroes in proper anime form.

-Path to Power sequel with Piccolo Daimao

-GT sequel/movie

-Kefla SSJ4 in Heroes :wink:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

dva_raza
Temporarily Banned

Post by dva_raza » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:18 pm

For Goku to kiss Chi Chi

nhienphan2808
Beyond Newbie

Post by nhienphan2808 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:17 am

fleahop wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:25 pm A complete re-telling be it either manga or anime but with full authority and oversight from Toriyama.

An attempt to keep everything that made the original so great, while properly setting up future story beats. Trying to keep a consistent narrative throughout. I'd really like that.
Seconded.
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Freeza beat Goku, beat Vegeta, and destroyed the Earth. Even if no one else knows it, who does? Goku.
Who gets told it's his fault for being so careless? Goku.
Who has to live with that similar to how he wanted to make Freeza live with the fact he'd been beaten by what he considered trash, and have to live with that shame? Goku.
Freeza got the perfect revenge.

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Post by KPike87 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 am

- Restock of Rock the Dragon boxset and making it at least somewhat regularly available.
- Further volumes that have the Funimation dub as it aired on Cartoon Network
- A home release of the Westwood dub in some form or another
- The Funimation dub of Kai as it aired on Nicktoons
- Ocean dub of Kai, of course.
- Blue Water dubs of DB/GT on home video

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:02 am

A videogame where you can edit the stats of the characters, and also fuse them. So if you want Mr. Satan to actually be stronger than Cell, you can edit that.

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:48 am

Redo of Tournament of Power, but:

1) one of the universes is GT
2) If we can get Freeza, why not Cell? He would love to be in a tournament. And he can get a BS power up just like Freeza, to keep him relevant. Also team dynamic would be interesting, with two androids, and DNA donors in it.

Also, as someone mentioned already, I would love Legacy of Goku 4: GT

More love for lower transformations in fighting games. I want to play as Freeza 1-2-3 form, and Cell 1-2 in FighterZ.

Being able to play ass villians in games like Kakarot. They already have their model and move set, how hard would it be to let us use them in endgame?