Outright Impossible things you would love to see happen.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Re: Outright Impossible things you would love to see happen.

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:08 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:02 am A videogame where you can edit the stats of the characters, and also fuse them. So if you want Mr. Satan to actually be stronger than Cell, you can edit that.
Um...Dragon Ball Fusions?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:01 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:08 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:02 am A videogame where you can edit the stats of the characters, and also fuse them. So if you want Mr. Satan to actually be stronger than Cell, you can edit that.
Um...Dragon Ball Fusions?
Sort of, yeah, but new gen. And maybe not so crazy fusions, like Tenshihan and Pybara, but whatever, yeah, sure, Yamcha and Bulma fusing would be nice.

Also, you can edit stats in DBF ??

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:45 pm

Tien as a relevant fighter on par with Goku and Vegeta.

I'm on board with with the retelling mentioned above too.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:59 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:53 pm-Multiverse crossover in main series/movie, kinda like they did with newest Spider-man movie lol or like Trunks did in Xenoverse 2 when he beaten Zamasu by getting energy from other timelines. Bascially Heroes in proper anime form.
It's sad to leave the theater after watching Spider-Man and remember that that hasn't happened yet in a proper way in Dragon Ball. Just got home and was thinking how awesome would it be if a movie a full-fledged series tackled this subject.

Not to belittle Dragon Ball Heroes, but since it's an eight-minute promotional anime, it's not utilized in its full potential. It's still marvelous to see two different Gokus standing very next to each other, with their own respective transformations and talking to each other, but still not having the same impact as this Spider-Man movie causes.

Can Dragon Ball just please stop doing the same thing over and over start using this subject already? We're in the Multiverse era, even DC will supposedly do it (I'm sure it'll be at least "cool", even though there won't be any build-up to it). Dragon Ball can do it properly and the potential is hitting everyone in the face.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:12 pm

fleahop wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:25 pm A complete re-telling be it either manga or anime but with full authority and oversight from Toriyama.

An attempt to keep everything that made the original so great, while properly setting up future story beats. Trying to keep a consistent narrative throughout. I'd really like that.
Toriyama would not agree to do that. He barely got involved enough on DBGT and that's why there is other people doing super and all of the new DB stuff. An anime very faithful to the manga, without fillers might be the only way to achieve something similar to what you say. In which case I would agree to a green light on that to a 100%

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:21 pm

- Modern Dragon Ball telling stories post EOZ
- VizMedia releasing the rest of Full Color Volumes
- FT Trunks arc TV Special. A TV Special with good quality telling FT Trunks arc story, just like Toei does for One Piece arcs.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Shinsa
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinsa » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:52 am

Dragonball Super to be retcon and a new DB series to continue after EOZ with aged characters a new protagonist, proper and more expansive world building and better fleshed out Saiyan Lore with out adding silly new forms.

DB stories that involve Goku/ Vegeta to be movies only with the quailty of DBS Broly's 2D animation.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:59 am

Impossible to ever happen, but I wish we had Dragon Ball Multiverse instead of Super, it's a fanmanga and it has it's own issues but it would be mostly fine if animated.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:19 pm

I'd love to see Toriyama be the one drawing Dragon Ball again, only as 4 komas.

nhienphan2808
Beyond Newbie

Post by nhienphan2808 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Vegeta's REAL past written by Toriyama, told in Vegeta's Pov, with Vegeta and not just amidst Goku's battles.
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Freeza beat Goku, beat Vegeta, and destroyed the Earth. Even if no one else knows it, who does? Goku.
Who gets told it's his fault for being so careless? Goku.
Who has to live with that similar to how he wanted to make Freeza live with the fact he'd been beaten by what he considered trash, and have to live with that shame? Goku.
Freeza got the perfect revenge.

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gilby1385 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:00 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:49 am What dubisms is Simmons forced to do?
The earliest DVDs did that to pretty much every character name. It was eventually discontinued later on.
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Forgot to say this one: I would love Toyotaro to be replaced by Fenyo. He already works for the franchise doing art for videogames like Dokkan Battle and Legends, but he's way too good to be left in that role.

Toyotaro clearly improved over the years, but he's no nowhere near that level or Dragongarrowlee level (Yamcha spinoff manga). It's a shame he was chosen as the official Toriyama "sucessor". He's not bad, but there are better than him out there.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:33 pm

Gilby1385 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:00 pm
The earliest DVDs did that to pretty much every character name. It was eventually discontinued later on.
So it’s not “impossible “ if it was discontinued decades ago.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:15 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:43 pm Goku as the antagonist. Not a body snatcher or mind control or "Kakarot regains his Saiyan programming" type plots. Goku himself being a legitimate threat needing to be stopped. They can go the "he's become so much of an apathetic dopamine-addict that he's going against common sense and putting everything and everyone in danger" route that the anime ToP originally pitched and we've been seeing shades of since he's become an adult, or maybe some unalterable predestined event caused a Time Patrol version of Goku to become so jaded and puts him in direct opposition to the heroes, if they don't want to directly implicate the mainline Goku.

It would be interesting.
This. So much this. I was really intrigued by the route the anime pitched as you mentioned. It was new and exciting. Goku just putting everyone in danger just in order to satisfy his addiction to fighting was such an interesting angle. Unfortunately, we not only got a generic and predictable Tournament but one that was badly plotted and stretched out beyond belief.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Gilby1385 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:00 pm
The Super Broly home release was also forced to use Broly instead of Broli and Frieza instead of Freeza. I believe there was even a disclaimer on the disc about it like the one for Battle of Gods talking about the vocal songs being in English even on the Japanese track.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:40 pm

The incompetent official Toriyama successor being replaced by someone who actually knows how to draw manga and doesn't trace Captain America.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:50 pm

kei17 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:40 pm The incompetent official Toriyama successor being replaced by someone who actually knows how to draw manga and doesn't trace Captain America.
Knewsky.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:03 am

Aim wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:50 pm
kei17 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:40 pm The incompetent official Toriyama successor being replaced by someone who actually knows how to draw manga and doesn't trace Captain America.
Knewsky.
I know him personally. He's already been doing a lot of official stuff.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:34 am

For an official Dragon Ball and DC Crossover story, I honestly think the dynamic between Goku and Superman would be hilarious, realistically he would get along with Wonder Woman a lot more.

For all the series major fight scenes to be redone in the OTT animation style of Shintani/DBS Broly with movie level budgets.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:54 am

kei17 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:03 am
Aim wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:50 pm
Knewsky.
I know him personally. He's already been doing a lot of official stuff.
You know him personally?! How haven’t they gotten him to do the manga?!

What kind of official stuff has he done? He does an excellent job at doing Toriyama’s style, he’s leagues above Toyotaro.