Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 103 - GT 6-10

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 103 - GT 6-10

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:59 pm

Hello, ladies, gentlemen, and everyone between and beyond, and welcome to week 103 of the first Dragon Ball rewatch of the decade.
We're doing five episodes a week, and we'll be watching every single episode of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT. All 508 episodes. Plus the TV specials and the movies.
I encourage you all to watch in Japanese with subtitles, especially if you have never done so before, but watch along in whichever way brings you the most joy.

___

I'm going to be super busy the rest of this year and into the beginning of next year, so we are going to take a week off at some point soon. The question is, which week? That's really down to all of you.
We can certainly write up a thread to be posted on the 27th, but I realise it may be more convenient for others if we hold that back and only post it on the 3rd, so the week off is instead next week.
Here's a strawpoll to decide:

Update: We're taking both the 27th and the 3rd off from the rewatch proper (see the replies), but we posted an extra thread on Christmas day.

Previous thread: Week 102 (GT 1-5)
Extra thread: Christmas Bonus (Jump Special)
Next thread: Week 104 (GT 11-15)

Anyway, without further ado...

BONUS Trivia!
So, we had a couple more entries to add last week, but we reached Kanzenshuu's post length limit, so we had to cut them off. In addition to that, there are a couple of the typical sort of "Oh, right, I just realised!" Missed Trivia entries, so we've actually got quite a few extra entries this week:

And NOW without further ado...

Episode 450 - It’s Going to Hurt?! Goku the Dentist (GT episode 6)
Ocean dub title: This May Hurt a Little. Goku, the Dentist.
Funimation dub title: Like Pulling Teeth
Originally aired 13th of March 1996

Written by: Atsushi Maekawa
Episode director: Mitsuo Hashimoto
Animation supervisor: Naoki Miyahara

Goku, Pan, Trunks and Gill go to a planet where they're ripping off Super Mario Bros. 3!

Trivia:

Episode 451 - Beloved Honey?! Trunks is Betrothed (GT episode 7)
Ocean dub title: The Bearded Guy Who Shook a Planet
Funimation dub title: Trunks, the Bride
Originally aired 20th of March 1996

Written by: Aya Matsui
Episode director: Kazuhito Kikuchi
Animation supervisor: Masayuki Uchiyama

Goku, Pan, Trunks, and Gill go to a planet where they're ripping off Oolong!

Trivia:

Episode 452 - Even Goku Gets Hit!! Full-Force Whisker Power (GT episode 8.)
Ocean dub title: Even Goku Gets Knocked About: The Full Use Of Whisker Power!
Funimation dub title: Whisker Power
Originally aired 17th of April 1996

Episode director: Yoshihiro Ueda
Animation supervisor: Yūji Hakamada

Goku, Pan, Trunks, and Gill are still on a planet where they're ripping off Oolong!

Trivia:

Episode 453 - Oh, Crap!! Goku Plunges into a Trap Planet?! (GT episode 9)
Ocean dub title: Goku Rushes into the Trap Planet!
Funimation dub title: Lord Luud
Originally aired 24th of April 1996

Episode director: Mitsuo Hashimoto
Animation supervisor: Toshiyuki Kan’no

Goku, Pan, Trunks, and Gill are lured to a meteor where they're ripping off Dune!

Trivia:

Episode 454 - Dance Attack?! Bon-Papa!! (GT episode 10)
Ocean dub title: Dance Attack! Bonpapa!
Funimation dub title: Dance and Attack
Originally aired 1st of May 1996

Episode director: Hiroyuki Kakudō
Animation supervisor: Kazuya Hisada

Goku, Pan, Trunks, and Gill are still stuck in a meteor where they're ripping off Dune!

Trivia:
____

Trivia written by KBABZ and Robo4900. Episode summaries, airdates, and titles courtesy of Kanzenshuu's episode guide.
Last edited by Robo4900 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Rewatch, Week 103 - GT 6-10 (CURRENT WEEK)

Post by Xeogran » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:25 pm

I'm a rare kind of person who likes this set of episodes, there's something enjoyable in each of them, and comfy adventures are my thing :angel:

When it comes to Episode 6, it's fun to note how happy Goku is when he gets to feel even smaller than he already is:
I'm now imagining a scenario where Goku gets somehow shrunken to a tiny size and feels all casual about it :P

If someone asked Goku about his favorite planet out of his GT adventures, there's a high chance he'd pick this one. Especially because of all the giant food over there :D

Episode 7 - I wonder why Pan, being the only girl of the group, didn't think of wearing the bridal dress herself? Is it because of being tomboyish, she would rather get the actual boys to crossdress? :P

Episode 8 - The banter between Goku and Pan is pretty funny this time around, there's some subtle details sprinkled in their dialogue and actions. For example Pan acting so confounded because Goku might just be the first boy she has ever seen naked? (Ironically same as with Bulma back in DB Episode 2!)

In the Japanese version, Pan calls Goku a pervert, which we know is far from true, as the boy is simply being innocent in his own way. It's worth noting that Pan is only just now learning about how Goku actually is like, so she's justified in not being aware of many of his personality traits.

Goku just tying the clothes to his head so that he's technically "wearing" them is so much him!

I was comparing the dialogues between versions and it seems that the Blue Water version censored most of this scene because of Goku's nudity, have they always done that?

I also noticed an animation error I think nobody has pointed out, with Goku missing the "skirt" part of his gi.
And when Pan throws Goku's clothes back at him, it's only the blue gi without his orange pants anywhere in sight:
Yet after reaching Zounama's lair he seems to have gotten them back somehow :lol:

From underappreciated parts of this episode, Goku caring about Pan's safety was pleasant to see:
Despite often acting childish, Goku still has heart of gold :thumbup:

And a few minutes later, the roles have reversed and it's Pan taking care of Goku, which nicely shows that she also cares about her close ones:
Robo4900 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:59 pm
  • Before he dives into the flooded water tunnel, Goku ties his clothes to the top of his head. This completely voids the point of taking them off in the first place: to keep them dry!
The thing is, Goku wasn't even planning on taking his clothes underwater before Pan threw them back at him. And if he didn't, he'd then have to spend rest of the episode well.. naked :lol:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:37 pm

Episode 6: It’s Going to Hurt?! Goku the Dentist

Positives:
-This is probably my favorite little adventure in this arc. It’s only 1 episode and nicely paced, the location is a relatively unique concept as far as Dragon Ball goes (and considering what's coming up, the originality is certainly appreciated), and it presents conflicts based around problems to be solved rather than clear cut “villains”, which is a nice change of pace.
-I find this episode to be really nice to look at. The “mountains” that turn out to be alligators, the bees, the giant, the bird, etc, all really well designed imo.
-This episode seemed to do a better job of remembering what the characters are capable of than Imegga, although it’s still not perfect in that regard (as the trivia mentions, they should’ve used Ki sensing when trying to find Pan).

Negatives:
-Goku being initially completely unconcerned with Pan’s plight (“Geez, Trunks is as big a worrywart as ever.”) struck me as an instance of taking Goku’s carefree nature a bit too far.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:53 pm

It looks like the transphobic undertones of the Oolong episode are even stronger in this version. They even try to get him drunk and bring a giant pair of scissors along!

I'm happy to see Naked Goku again (not in a dirty way, to be clear!). I always find those bits funny.

The whole Para Para dance sequence in episode ten is fun, and very 90s. I particularly enjoy how the gang takes a beating from the brothers during the scene. It's a good example of using violence in conjunction with music and dance to create an overall disturbing feeling, which I appreciate.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:22 pm

The Dragon Boxes were the first time the anime could be bought on home video in Japan. Previously only the festival Movies could be.

The GT and Movie Boxes were much more affordable than the DB/Z ones due to having less content.

GT was the least-viewed anime series, so buying it meant you'd own Dragon Ball episodes you likely hadn't seen before.

Kunzait attributes part of these sales to Western fans: by the time Dragon Box GT went on sale, the quality of the Dragon Ball and Z Boxes were known to be superior to the US's only readily-available DVD option, the infamous Orange Bricks, and thus Westerners were also buying some to import across the pond. However, we remain sceptical of this, since the Japanese boxes are/were sub-only, expensive to import, and generally would only appeal to the most hardcore fans, which is likely a very small number of people.
Interestingly enough, it appears that before the Dragon Boxes started coming out in early 2003 there were some fans of the show in Japan who were actually importing FUNimation's bilingual single discs over the preceding few years given no home releases of any kind for the anime were out there aside from the three DB movies, Z's thirteen and the tenth anniversary "GT flavor" movie available on VHS and Laserdisc (plus Betamax for the earlier films) so that was likely because fans across the Pacific pond over there wanted the show in some form since it wasn't available for domestic purchase at the time. I mean, it would at least tide them over even though FUNi's three or four episodes a disc release pattern wasn't ideal. I've heard that there were indeed known instances happening as far back as 2000/2001 well before the remastering process for the Dragon Boxes had even started.

It wouldn't surprise me if some did continue to even when the Dragon Boxes started to be released, given they were pre order only items (In which people who wanted them had only a couple months in which to reserve said orders during the four years that all the sets came out in which they made just enough to fulfill the orders during those times) which for the two Z volumes and the Dragon Ball set were a whopping $800.00 each until Toei started re releasing the same content in the pared down single disc retail and rental format from 2005-2009 for all three series and the movies.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:08 am

I appreciate these episodes for what Atsushi Maekawa and Aya Matsui were trying to do. Small, self-contained adventures with wacky characters, the Para Para Brothers in particular remind me the most of the kind of the kind of gag characters Toriyama would write, especially with something like their dance to subvert the audience's expectations. They do drag a bit for me, although because their not as thematically heavy as Don Kia being a greedy landlord in the last few episodes they are easier to get through. Tokunaga's score, as always is the cherry on top of it all.
Xeogran wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:25 pmIn the Japanese version, Pan calls Goku a pervert, which we know is far from true, as the boy is simply being innocent in his own way.
I'm glad the Blue Water dub removed this. Pervert jokes are way too overdone in anime, it's especially exhausted with Muten Roshi.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:45 pm

Episode 7: Beloved Honey?! Trunks is Betrothed

Hoo boy.

Postives:
-Umm...the gag with Goku pointing out he's a grown up was a little bit funny...I dunno I got nothing here.

Negatives:
-Oh good, we start off with Pan harassing Gill again. Lovely.

-As has been said many times before, this is literally just a less interesting version of the Oolong episode from the first arc of Dragon Ball. Doing a storyline inspired by the Hunt for the Dragon Balls arc is one thing, straight up lifting plot points is another.

-Great, and we have some "haha men wearing women's clothes sure is funny" gags here. :lolno:

-I have some complaints regarding the true nature of Zunama's "powers" but on second thought I'll save that for next episode when it's revealed.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:22 am

So, the plan was that one of the next two weeks would be a break for the rewatch, mainly due to me being super busy.

However, KBABZ is now having computer trouble and I've realised I'm even busier than I thought, so neither of us think we can realistically have a thread ready to post for either of the next two Mondays.

What I'm saying is, it's looking likely we may have to take both of the next two Mondays off instead of just picking one.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:22 am

Robo4900 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:22 am What I'm saying is, it's looking likely we may have to take both of the next two Mondays off instead of just picking one.
Sure thing, no problem! It's gonna be a busy period for many of us after all.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:30 am

Robo4900 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:22 am However, KBABZ is now having computer trouble and I've realised I'm even busier than I thought, so neither of us think we can realistically have a thread ready to post for either of the next two Mondays.
And by "computer trouble" he means "My PC shat the bed and the two replacements provided by the store also didn't work".

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:31 am

I agree with the fact that each episode has its charm. Personally I love DBGT more than the original DB. Mainly cause I love space/sci fi lore.
Episode 7 - I wonder why Pan, being the only girl of the group, didn't think of wearing the bridal dress herself? Is it because of being tomboyish, she would rather get the actual boys to crossdress? :P
I have been asking that question to myself oh so many times for so many years. All I can think of that seems logical is that Pan was too young to fit on that dress, I believe she is 10 in DBGT and not very tall and if you take a look to the dress she would have simply not fit on it because it's large and those seeemed to be traditional clothes for wedding, so it's not like they could get a version of those clothes to fit Pan, cause they don't exist.
Wether or not did Pan enjoyed that way more than what she should've... that's another story....
We know Pan has a very mischievous personality and somehow she enjoys to torture Trunks, so this was just perfect for her XD
Episode 8 - The banter between Goku and Pan is pretty funny this time around, there's some subtle details sprinkled in their dialogue and actions. For example Pan acting so confounded because Goku might just be the first boy she has ever seen naked? (Ironically same as with Bulma back in DB Episode 2!) In the Japanese version, Pan calls Goku a pervert, which we know is far from true, as the boy is simply being innocent in his own way. It's worth noting that Pan is only just now learning about how Goku actually is like, so she's justified in not being aware of many of his personality traits.

Goku's nudity is like a signature from Akira Toriyama but the world is not prepared for allowing creative freedom to authors anymore as the corporations are more concerned about selling merchandise than telling the story the way the Author intended it. We have those beautiful scenes about the magical age of switching from childhood to adolescence that, to me, even dragon ball Z always had. We could connect trough the character of gohan, and now in GT it is trough Pan.

Very good catch on Goku's missing the "skirt" part of his gi.

cute screencaptures, thanks

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:32 am

I assume we’re saving Way of the Strongest to after GT?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:02 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:32 am I assume we’re saving Way of the Strongest to after GT?
I've been lobbying to Robo to have Path to Power to be the last thing we watch because it's bookend things perfectly: end our Rewatch by returning to the very beginning. Problem is, that breaks the general goal of watching these in the relative schedule they came out, which is why the movies popped in during the anime.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Saiya6Cit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:31 am
I have been asking that question to myself oh so many times for so many years. All I can think of that seems logical is that Pan was too young to fit on that dress, I believe she is 10 in DBGT and not very tall and if you take a look to the dress she would have simply not fit on it because it's large and those seeemed to be traditional clothes for wedding, so it's not like they could get a version of those clothes to fit Pan, cause they don't exist.
Honestly IMO that's what I assumed. Trunks is in his mid-20s at this point in the story, while Pan is 10 and significantly smaller than him. There's absolutely no way that she could fit the dress, and unlike Oolong, the monster (whose name I've ALREADY forgotten) is wanting a specific person in a specific dress, so they can't just shove Pan out and have her be the bait.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:20 pm

KBABZ wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:02 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:32 am I assume we’re saving Way of the Strongest to after GT?
I've been lobbying to Robo to have Path to Power to be the last thing we watch because it's bookend things perfectly: end our Rewatch by returning to the very beginning. Problem is, that breaks the general goal of watching these in the relative schedule they came out, which is why the movies popped in during the anime.
Oh, I agree with your assessment I was just clarifying.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:13 am

Episode 8: Even Goku Gets Hit!! Full-Force Whisker Power

Didn't have as much to say about this one, tbh.

Postives:
-I personally think that the Para Para Brothers stealing the Dragon Ball right at their triumphant moment is a good way of subverting the expected DB tropes, which makes the story a bit more interesting.

Negatives:
-Same as last time, this continues to be an Oolong retread. Oh well, at least its' over I guess.

-Speaking of, I don't really think there was enough story here for 2 episodes. I'd rather have seen another adventure, or maybe even expanded the giant planet stuff since at least it was more interesting.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:23 am

The current plan is to watch it between GT episodes 15 and 16.

KBABZ has indeed lobbied for the 10th anniversary movie to be after GT, but GT episode 64 is too perfect an ending IMO. Ending our rewatch anywhere else would be a crime!

But, I could always run another strawpoll on this if we want. Hopefully one which wouldn't be overruled by factors outside of our control. :lol:
PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:13 am Didn't have as much to say about this one, tbh.
Same. I had only a couple of trivia notes for this one. Major props to KBABZ for finding stuff to put under this episode!
PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:13 am -I personally think that the Para Para Brothers stealing the Dragon Ball right at their triumphant moment is a good way of subverting the expected DB tropes, which makes the story a bit more interesting.
Agreed! Honestly I've never got the criticisms of the Para-Para brothers, I thought they were a great twist, and a fun little miniboss to boot!
PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:13 am -Speaking of, I don't really think there was enough story here for 2 episodes. I'd rather have seen another adventure, or maybe even expanded the giant planet stuff since at least it was more interesting.
It feels a lot like the script overran really badly and they were too busy trying to work out the next several episodes to rework it into just one script, and they were kinda grateful to have the extra time bought by having another episode.
Complete speculation on my part, but yeah, this definitely should have only been one episode... if that!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:17 am

KBABZ wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 pm Honestly IMO that's what I assumed. Trunks is in his mid-20s at this point in the story, while Pan is 10 and significantly smaller than him. There's absolutely no way that she could fit the dress
Saiya6Cit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:31 amAll I can think of that seems logical is that Pan was too young to fit on that dress
Of course Pan is too small to fit the dress, but remember that she tried dressing up Kid Goku in it first, until she came to that conclusion herself :P
I still think she was too tomboyish to even think about wearing it herself. That, or she just simply wanted to see the boys crossdress given the opportunity.
Robo4900 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:23 am Complete speculation on my part, but yeah, this definitely should have only been one episode... if that!
It's honestly a thing in every DB series (some arcs lasting longer despite having no reason to, remember Barry Kahn?), no different here. Toei most likely used this mini-arc as a breather to plan out future events. GT did air right after Z after all, they didn't have that much time.
Saiya6Cit wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:31 am Very good catch on Goku's missing the "skirt" part of his gi.

cute screencaptures, thanks
Thanks, analyzing episodes turns out to be a fun way to spend my time 8)

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:59 am

Episode 9: Oh, Crap!! Goku Plunges into a Trap Planet?!

I actually really enjoyed this one! The only negative I had was I found it odd that Mucchi Mocchi knew about the Dragon Balls, but the trivia points out he probably knows because of the Namekian DBs, so, that clears that up I guess.

Positives:
-I really like the Lood cult. GT is at it's best when it's trying out concepts and ideas that hadn't been in Dragon Ball up to that point, and a cult certainly fits that bill. They are appropriately mysterious, mystical, and slightly creepy.
-The chase between the GT trio and the Para Para Brothers is fun, and the comedy with Trunks not being experienced with piloting the ship was funny.
-I liked the Lood cultist who failed to find Dragon Balls being turned into a doll, very creepy.
-I'm enjoying the Para Para Brothers thus far, I'll have more to say about them next time.
-Gill jumping out of the ship and striking a pose was pretty funny, reminded me of Jaco (who obviously didn't exist when GT was airing, so this is more of an observation than anything.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robo4900 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:23 am
PremiumSalt wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:13 am -Speaking of, I don't really think there was enough story here for 2 episodes. I'd rather have seen another adventure, or maybe even expanded the giant planet stuff since at least it was more interesting.
It feels a lot like the script overran really badly and they were too busy trying to work out the next several episodes to rework it into just one script, and they were kinda grateful to have the extra time bought by having another episode.
Complete speculation on my part, but yeah, this definitely should have only been one episode... if that!
That's certainly possible, hadn't considered that. Like I said though, I think the giant planet was a stronger concept, so perhaps that should've been the one to be stretched to two episodes.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Episode 10: Dance Attack?! Bon-Papa!!

Positives:
-The gang taking out the Muma was pretty satisfying, and I liked that they used their ingenuity to find a way to defeat them.

-Bonpara's reaction to the dancing Muma was a pretty good gag.

-I kinda liked the detail of the one guy wearing Freeza Force-ish armor. I doubt this was what they were going for, but I headcanon that, in the wake of the Freeza Force's destruction, various pieces of technology and armor they had have been "scavenged", ala Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

-Conceptually, I still enjoy the Para Para Brothers. I've said this before, but I do like when GT gives the trio threats they can't just "punch their way out of." Things like this are how you write a Dragon Ball hunt with post-Z powerscaling, instead of just forgetting how powerful the characters are like GT often frustratingly does. That being said...

Negatives:
-...as much as I enjoyed them on paper, I do think the second half of the episode wound up dragging by a certain point. Realistically, that segment should've been half the length.

-In fact, this whole episode is really weirdly paced. It honestly felt like they wanted to end the episode at a certain point (Pan accidentally leaving for Planet Lood), but they didn't have quite enough story to do so, so they just dragged things out to stall.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and a Happy New Year. See you all in a couple weeks!