What made you laugh in Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: What made you laugh in Dragon Ball

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:21 am

capsulecorp wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:05 pm Gotenk's prank against evil Buu where we pretends to be looking at something cool is brilliant and gets me every time.
Ye surprised nobody mentioned Gotenks yet. Specifically I love the 4th wall break with him looking up his list of move names on a piece of paper for how ridiculous they all are.

OG DB is a riot, Yamcha vs Kami is the highlight for me

Mr Satan Vs 18 gets a chuckle from me usually with her clarifying that he did his ultimate attack and the delayed reaction of flying backwards.

Ginyu force obviously but Goku just interrupting Jeice and punching him on the nose felt a funny subversion to Villain monologues.

Also for some reason Krillin chucking the stone at Goku before the cell games gets me.

As does Shin and Kibito fusing, giving us a Piccolo on namek level of hype and confidence only to have his self worth immediately destroyed by Elder Kai

For Super:
- Galactic King Penis tentacles gets a chuckle from me every time.
Also manga only U6 Tournament Buu failing the test because he can't write his name is hilarious since Vegeta's own tactics screwed the team over. Vs him just falling asleep in anime.

Jaco manga as well, the panel where Jaco has just beaten up goons and is hiding on the rooftop but just hops on the wall to do his pose and exposes himself was great. Also anything involved with wanting accurate mugshots of himself.

King Bogo

Post by King Bogo » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:02 pm

The original DB narrator in Japanese as it sounds like the original Japanese version of Kaio-sama & his voice always makes me laugh.

P.S. Yes i'm aware that the original DB narrator is also the voice of Kaio-sama.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:49 pm

There's a scene in the Funimation dub where Goku asks this deep-voiced Red Ribbon Army soldier over the phone "Are you a boy or a girl?"

Of course, this list is incomplete without an obligatory mention of Ninja Murasaki getting the Nyoibo stuck up his ass and hitting it against the tree.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu