Beckett Dragon Ball Z Magazine scans?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Beckett Dragon Ball Z Magazine scans?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:40 pm

Has anyone ever tried to archive these? I remeber reading these in the early/mid 2000s and got a kick from them. The fan art alone would be fun to re-look at.

I checked Archive.org and suprised to see not one issue archived.

GokuDaimao
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Beckett Dragon Ball Z Magazine scans?

Post by GokuDaimao » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:50 am

I actually have a few magazines but they're in awful shape. I was an awful kid. XP

If I ever get around to buying some, I'd be happy to do that. That magazine was gold.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:59 pm

GokuDaimao wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:50 am I actually have a few magazines but they're in awful shape. I was an awful kid. XP

If I ever get around to buying some, I'd be happy to do that. That magazine was gold.
Just checked archive and someone is scanning them!! I don't know if they'll do all of them tho. I did love that magazine so re-reading these will be fun
https://archive.org/search?query=Beckett+Dragon+Ball+Z

MuscleRobo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MuscleRobo » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:10 am

I thought there was some Becket here but you might be interested in the old Animerica scans among other things you can find at https://www.animenostalgiabomb.com/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:28 am

Anime Nostalgia Bomb is Lance Heiskell (former marketing director at FUNimation)'s website, and it's filled with a great curation of archive material. I talked with him a bit about running the site and maintaining historical archives back on Episode #0404 of our podcast if you're interested in learning more!

By the time the Beckett issues came around, I was already well into running my website, so they were more a curiosity on shelves than anything else; they didn't have anything new to teach me, since I was one of the people they were taking information from! :lol: I only have a couple issues, like the one where they featured my site, so I'm of no real help in terms of collections here.

Another podcast plug: I interviewed Greg Werner, then contemporary DBZ site owner and now contemporary One Piece professional super fan, back on Episode #0400 about his work writing in some of the Beckett issues.

And related-related plug: the "Press Archive" here on Kanzenshuu is filled to the brim with Dragon Ball articles from all throughout print media back in the day!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:29 pm

Wow, I haven't thought about these magazines in quite some time. I have a decent number of them at my parents home. The last time I saw them they were in great shape, next time I go by there I'll grab them and share them to the internet as well just incase I have any that may not be scanned online

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:48 pm

SaiyanKingMike wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:29 pm Wow, I haven't thought about these magazines in quite some time. I have a decent number of them at my parents home. The last time I saw them they were in great shape, next time I go by there I'll grab them and share them to the internet as well just incase I have any that may not be scanned online
That would awesome thank you!!!