WIth the success of the Sonic movie, is it time for Hollywood to revisit Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: WIth the success of the Sonic movie, is it time for Hollywood to revisit Dragon Ball?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed May 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Shorty GZ2 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:43 am a good deal of planning and thought in the production as much as the writing
And that's how you get a good product. And when you don't have those things, you end up with garbage.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: WIth the success of the Sonic movie, is it time for Hollywood to revisit Dragon Ball?

Post by WittyUsername » Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm

I’ll just state for the record that if there to be a new Hollywood Dragon Ball film, I could imagine Legendary Entertainment being interested.

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie
Location: hehe dromaeosaurids,, (icon drawn by @/FeralWolf1234)

Post by DiloVortexx » Sat May 14, 2022 12:35 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm I’ll just state for the record that if there to be a new Hollywood Dragon Ball film, I could imagine Legendary Entertainment being interested.
yea that would make a lot of sense jkdfgj
i mean theyve been doing a great job with the godzilla franchise/monsterverse so i think their own take on dragon ball could be cool : o
Dilo/Volt/Kareol/Zhadio -- Demiromantic pansexual demiboy (transmasc non-binary; goes by he/him, they/them, xe/xem/xyrs and raptorself pronouns!! to see more of my preferences regarding gender, sexuality and pronouns, click here!

dilo is pronounced dye - low, kareol is pronounced kah - rey - ohl (like bowl) and zhadio is pronounced zah - dee - ohh for those who may have trouble pronouncing my names! ^^")

autistic digital artist who likes drawing creatures and monsters and also they really like dragon ball lol (i may post dragon ball related oc art as well.. cuz i've done that a few times)
since i'm used to the lgbtq+ focused side of the fandom, those are usually the kind of topics youll see me post in if any of those pop up : o bc i have a pretty queer reading of the series ^^"

oh, you don't know what neopronouns are all about? well, have a resource for that!!
want to know how to use tone indicators to help out neurodivergent people to understand your words better? click here!

if you see me randomly type a bunch of letters like SDHFJFJGHD, thats just a thing in the lgbtq+ community called keysmashing which is usually used to show someone is laughing (either nervously or bluntly and so on and so forth)
if you need any help learning about lgbtq+ terms and such, feel free to ask! i will try my best to help out ^^

goten and trunks are gay and trans ♥

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Mon May 23, 2022 9:06 am

Hollywood? I'm sure they'll try and fail again. A Japanese live action film though? Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 showed that Takashi Miike is committed to shonen battle nonsense, even at the cost of storytelling. I'm sure he could crank out a 2 hour Goku slugfest that captured the spirit of the original series.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 23, 2022 5:39 pm

I was recently reminded of Taguchi Kiyotaka's directing and think it would be so cool to see how he adapts Dragon Ball fights. We don't typically see a ton of 'movement' in Dragon Ball fights due to how hard it is to always use a lot of drawings in animation. I bet it would be interesting to see Taguchi's multiple-plane directing style adapted to a group fight, like the battle with the Cell Juniors.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon May 23, 2022 10:10 pm

Honestly I'd be more interested if they told their own original story, it'll keep expectations reasonably low for most people and its less pressure on the director to shot for shot shove the iconic moments of the Freeza arc in to a 90 minute shit fest.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:28 pm

An Italian website recently posted this picture of Arnold Schwarzenegger:

It fits way more than I'd like to admit. And he sure knows how to punch people.