Fave Broly design?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Fave Broly design?

Post by Kappa » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:48 pm

Mine is his classic base form design.

How bout you guys?

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fave Broly design?

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:10 pm

Original, easily.

There are many valid criticisms to be had with how the character was written, but I think he has one of the best designs of a Saiyan character.

I particularly like his appearance in his 2nd movie, where he was a regular SSJ with no funky colors:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:52 am

They look way too similar to me unless we're talking about their clothing. In that case, new Broli 100%.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:09 pm

Mine would be base Broly, original one of course. His blue tinted SSJ also looked cool.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:14 am

*Sweats nervously in the direction of Broli wearing the tight spandex during the cafeteria scene in Movie #20*

Honestly, all of his looks in that movie were great. I'm very much quite fond of his form original to the film, when he begins fighting Gokuu. The hair and the muscles really do make him look hawt.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:08 pm

Both versions of him have odd color choices depending on how the transformations are colored.

For example, I don't like Super Saiyan DBS Broly from the waist down, because the green fur becomes acid very quickly, and his violet pants lit up to purple in a strange combination (which is how Piccolo's new state is being colored now). His armor lits up to blue and his shoulder pads are of a pure green that doesn't bother me with his yellow hair though. DBS Broly's green Super Saiyan form is, however, much cooler without the vest, his tight pants being the only thing in contrast with the fur. His base form and wrathful state could go either way.

I don't like Dragon Ball Z Broly's lime green hair with red, and yellow only seems to cover a quarter of the color wheel with it, so my vote goes to DBS Broly. The proportions of the latter also seem better with the former having action figure arms and shoulders.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:21 pm

I dislike all broly but if I had to chose, I would keep the one on the first movie.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:23 am

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:55 pm

I like his 'wrathful' design the most. It feels like a nod to Super Saiyan 4 with the golden eyes and how it's basically the Oozaru form but without turning into the ape.
Something I also really appreciate about Broly's look in this movie is that there's a story behind his design as well. The green pelt around his waist ties back to his friendship with Ba and the metal collar around his neck is the leesh that Paragus keeps him on. The scars on his body are the result of surviving on Vampa for a long time (you could even say they were caused by abuse from Paragus). It's a great character design.

His old design from the Z movies were really good, too (except for when he was a slime monster that one time).

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kappa » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:14 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:55 pm I like his 'wrathful' design the most. It feels like a nod to Super Saiyan 4 with the golden eyes and how it's basically the Oozaru form but without turning into the ape.
Something I also really appreciate about Broly's look in this movie is that there's a story behind his design as well. The green pelt around his waist ties back to his friendship with Ba and the metal collar around his neck is the leesh that Paragus keeps him on. The scars on his body are the result of surviving on Vampa for a long time (you could even say they were caused by abuse from Paragus). It's a great character design.

His old design from the Z movies were really good, too (except for when he was a slime monster that one time).
The 'wrathful' design is pretty sick too. Definitely my second fave.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:20 pm

It's pretty freakin' hard to ignore legendary super saiyan Broly when he's on-model as fuck

Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:10 am

Classic LSS Broly is iconic, but I do prefer his DBS design (Wrathful and SS to be exact) overall.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:59 am

I like them both.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:55 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:20 pm It's pretty freakin' hard to ignore legendary super saiyan Broly when he's on-model as fuck
For me too. This is my favorite. And coming close it’s the ‘wrathful’ completed form.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:04 am

Regular Super Saiyan Movie 10 Broly and Wrath Broly from Super are the best designs by far. Basically perfect. The full power form kinda ruins them in both cases. Hope they pull a Kale with Broly in Super and have him control his power without hulking out.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:18 am

I like both base and Super Saiyan design of classic Broly. I hate the looks of Legendary Super Saiyan/Berserker/Whatever transformation.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:38 pm

Original design. Super Saiyan 3. The greener the hair the better.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:05 pm

I love his design from DBZ. In DBS I dislike his Full Power and normal Super Saiyan form, other than that he looks good.

So, I will go with DBZ, especially his base form, normal Super Saiyan and Legendary form.

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:11 pm

I personally like Z Broly's Super Saiyan form (Legendary Super Saiyan's alright), particularly from Movie 10. For Super Broly, he wins out everywhere else.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:02 pm

Despite it being the classic, I would say the Wrathful look is better actually.