Would you like another manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Would you like another manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed May 18, 2022 5:59 pm

I think he is a great artist, even if I had less pleasure than expected when I read his official one-shot about Yamcha... but I would love to see him draw again the DB world but a longer series this time!!...

My favourite choice would be a manga about Universe 6, a sort of DB showing the evolution and travels of a new hero (maybe one of the new Saiyans we know from planet Sadala, or another species) from childhood to tournament between Universe 6 and 7!!...

But sometimes, when I see images like this one...
... I think of a manga dealing with new adventures of Gokû as a child which could fill some gaps (for example, a story taking place between the Red Ribbon Army / Baba and the next tournament, with new enemies and friends) because Gokû's adventures as a child were both so funny and enjoyable!!...

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Would you like another manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...

Post by FoolsGil » Wed May 18, 2022 7:33 pm

He did a couple OPM x Dragonball stories, but something strictly dragonball? Definitely. I also agree on giving him a universe to play in, but imho, instead of Universe 6, I'd like to see something from the universes that didn't participate in the TOP. Great way to foreshadow, if Toei ever decides to go back to universes, show an opponent even stronger than Jiren, but they live in Universe 1, 5, 8, or 12

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 18, 2022 7:35 pm

It would be interesting to see what they could create. I feel like the weird production practices of Shueisha in rushing their artists—especially considering the Yamcha series was only a few chapters long—is very strange. I would love to see Lee create a 200 page story using their varied styles and given the time needed to produce the content comfortably.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:32 am

I wouldn't be opposed to it, if he can work the (admittedly somewhat unreasonable and high pressure) schedule, or if he was given more time and lee-way.

But to be honest, I'd be more interested in him continuing/making available in high-quality his Dragon Ball Sai/Super Vegeta Den doujinshi. His Vegeta vs Kakarot fight was when he most impressed me artistically & character/story-wise, to which his later/more current stuff up till now hasn't come close to that level of impressiveness.