The best way to watch Buu Saga with Super Buu deep voice?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mysticus

The best way to watch Buu Saga with Super Buu deep voice?

Post by Mysticus » Sun May 22, 2022 3:02 am

Thought this be a interesting question as it's been so long since I've seen the original DBZ episodes of the Buu Saga with Super Buu's deep voice (aside from small YT clips). At any rate is there any good way to again like that? I always prefer his voice like that

KPike87
Beyond Newbie

Re: The best way to watch Buu Saga with Super Buu deep voice?

Post by KPike87 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:42 am

The only release with the deep voice is the original DVD and VHS singles. Starting with the OB's, on both audio tracks, they broke voice effects, such as Frieza''s third form, Android 19, and Super Buu. They never bothered to fix this in any future releases.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun May 22, 2022 8:50 am

Mysticus wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:02 am Thought this be a interesting question as it's been so long since I've seen the original DBZ episodes of the Buu Saga with Super Buu's deep voice (aside from small YT clips). At any rate is there any good way to again like that? I always prefer his voice like that
You'd have to get the old Fusion saga dvds from 2002

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun May 22, 2022 11:24 am

The single DVDs are your best bet OP, in fact if you want to watch Funimation's dub in general the singles are the way to go period because all the Season sets contain the remastered dub, which gave it the full George Lucas treatment.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Mysticus

Post by Mysticus » Sun May 22, 2022 4:16 pm

KPike87 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:42 am The only release with the deep voice is the original DVD and VHS singles. Starting with the OB's, on both audio tracks, they broke voice effects, such as Frieza''s third form, Android 19, and Super Buu. They never bothered to fix this in any future releases.

Yeah I do remember the OBs removing that which was always weird to me, I guess I'll have to buy the single DVDs again cuz I sold them years ago (worst mistake of my life :oops: