Team Four Star parody has an obnoxious fandom

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Team Four Star parody has an obnoxious fandom

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Sat May 28, 2022 9:30 am

Sure all fandoms are, but this in particular I wish to focus on because I've been seeing a certain narrative the past few years. People saying TFS can replace not only the english dub but also the original japanese.

They make absurd claims that "they took cell saga serious" which is a outright lie with all the meta white hetero male cringe humor...but like...

The previous 'arcs' had WWE music and references, Nappa saying Vegeta was raped on the bug planet and made a "prison bitch", the list goes on.

TFS parody is not a replacement for either the dub or the original and to say otherwise is not only disrespectful to the series, it just doesn't make sense.

Hell Goku's ironic comedy dead pan voice would be absolutely terrible in a official product.
We the ones

coola
I Live Here

Re: Team Four Star parody has an obnoxious fandom

Post by coola » Sat May 28, 2022 11:09 am

Honestly, every popular thing have obnoxious fans/enemies, only now, with all social media boom, it's easier for them to make their opinion known, some go as far as found private address of people they don't like to doxx them. Sometimes actors themselves keep war flame, like Chris Rager dissing Bang Zoom dub of Super (and lost all my respect for that, personally) https://twitter.com/ragercoaster/status ... 2596240384

What is bad, is when companies start to listen to that very loud 0.0001% minority. I remember hearing about that Super "secret message board" and people speculate maybe thats why Goku suddenly started act like complete dumbass, or Popo was showed in menacing way.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Team Four Star parody has an obnoxious fandom

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 28, 2022 4:03 pm

This evergreen thread in the Fan-Works subsection would be more appropriate for this discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7976
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::