Should Funimation have kept Dameon Clark as Gohan?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: Should Funimation have kept Dameon Clark as Gohan?

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:07 pm

Here’s the thing, Dameon was not asked to audition at all for Teen Gohan. That’s what he told me when I met him 2 years ago. FUNi had already intended to recast.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:53 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:07 pm Here’s the thing, Dameon was not asked to audition at all for Teen Gohan. That’s what he told me when I met him 2 years ago. FUNi had already intended to recast.
Oh nice you met him that must have been quite the experience!
I’m guessing that by that point they already cast Kyle Herbert so that’s why they didn’t recast him probably bc they wanted to put him in another role which eventually became Cell

I thought he was good for a darker more mature and serious Future Gohan but I kinda agree with the recast they chose to do as Dameon Clark would have sounded too awkwardly serious during the high school and Saiyaman episodes

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:05 am

SorikaiWolf89 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:53 am
DB_Fan1991 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:07 pm Here’s the thing, Dameon was not asked to audition at all for Teen Gohan. That’s what he told me when I met him 2 years ago. FUNi had already intended to recast.
Oh nice you met him that must have been quite the experience!
I’m guessing that by that point they already cast Kyle Herbert so that’s why they didn’t recast him probably bc they wanted to put him in another role which eventually became Cell
Hebert would have likely been casted for teenage Gohan after Clarke had already recorded for Cell not before.

Funimation has never been against giving an actor multiple roles (see Sabat or even Laura Bailey voicing most of the minor female roles) so Clarke voicing Cell would have had zero bearing on being recast for teenage Gohan.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:19 am

Maybe they thought it was weird that Dameon Clarke would play Cell and Gohan :P
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler