The best looking episodes?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AgentZoso

The best looking episodes?

Post by AgentZoso » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:37 pm

Does anyone have a definitive list of the best looking episodes for each series? I have a big Dragon Ball collection and want to have monitors playing montages of scenes displayed with my collection, but I only want to use the best looking episodes.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: The best looking episodes?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:48 pm

"Best looking" is really "eye of the beholder" kind of thing.

What I would recommend is for you to consider some episodes that you think look the best, then check out the animation staff for that episode on its respective page in our "Episode Guide" on the actual Kanzenshuu website. From there, figure out who that great staff is, and then use our "Staff Profile" page within the "Animation Production Guide" to see which episodes they worked on. This way you can even make customized sections of clips/episodes to play!

For me, I always think of DBZ episode 31, so if I look on that page, I can see that it's a Seigasha joint. Then I can go over to the staff guide page and see their listing of episodes they worked on.

If you know the individual animators that you like, you can go even deeper in that section, like pulling out episodes that Tadayoshi Yamamuro did not even just key animation, but overall animation supervision on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:21 pm

The Shindo Production episodes elevated from mediocre to amazing once Tadayoshi Yamamuro took over as supervisor. No episode can top 232 of DBZ.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:32 am

Dragon Ball Z episode 64 is a solid pick.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:44 pm

Z episode 279, “Battle for the Universe Begins”

Honestly everything done by Studio Cockpit in the late Z era was incredible. Or anything by Masaki Sato in the late DB/early Z days