If you lived in the Dragonball Verse

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

If you lived in the Dragonball Verse

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:49 am

What kind of character would you want to be?

1. A Z fighter type hero character that trains and battles to defend the Earth and your loved ones like Goku or Gohan for example

2. A supporter type character who aids the hero characters in their training and battles like Dr Briefs or Bulma for example

3. An observer or god type character who oversees everything that transpires in the world and or universe but only aids in battle when it is absolutely necessary like Kami , Dende , or the Kais for example

4. A civilian type character who simply lives a normal life being oblivious to what transpires in the world when trouble arises like Mr Satan’s fans for example

5. An anti hero or villain type character who is morally grey or enjoys doing whatever one pleases for their amusement like Vegeta for the anti hero type or like Frieza, Cell, or Buu for the villain type

I would personally probably chose either to be a supporter type or an observer type since I’m a pacifist and enjoy helping others so I would only fight if I absolutely had to similar to Shin the East Supreme Kai

And although being an observer would probably be boring I would be living a comfortable life of luxury and would have access to pretty much all the knowledge in the universe plus I would be able to travel anywhere in the verse if I chose to be a Supreme Kai so yeah I think I’ll go with being a Supreme Kai
Don’t know how I would handle having such a long life though a couple million year life span is a bit overkill for me to say the least but then again only the Kais would understand as maybe they perceive time differently as they are technically gods in a way

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Re: If you lived in the Dragonball Verse

Post by nineko » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:10 am

Being an engineer, I'd probably apply to be an apprentice to Bulma.

Should that fail because their technological level is eons beyond my capabilities so I would get fired on day one (if I even pass the interview), I'd probably look into Monaka's job since that would allow me to travel the universe and see interesting things at a relatively low level of risk.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:43 am

...I'm pretty sure equivalents to all these exist in the real world too. Would you be a spec ops soldier, an engineer, a ceo, a mass murderer or neither of the above?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:50 pm

Defitnetely

1. A Z fighter type hero character that trains and battles to defend the Earth and your loved ones like Goku or Gohan for example

I believe in fighting for the right cause. I would be a lost saiyan who was taken before planet's vegeta's destruction by the jedi and I would fight along Goku.

:wink:

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:49 pm

I'd be the average joe city dweller getting killer and rezzed with the Dragon Balls every couple years.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 pm

I'd be the fighter type. Specifically a Legendary Super Saiyan.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:29 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:49 pm I'd be the average joe city dweller getting killer and rezzed with the Dragon Balls every couple years.

Pretty darn accurate !😂

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:27 am

3. An observer or god type character who oversees everything that transpires in the world and or universe but only aids in battle when it is absolutely necessary like Kami , Dende , or the Kais for example
1) You're literally a God.

2) You are very powerful (Supreme Kai was stronger than the feared Emperor of the Universe Frieza).

3) You get to hang out in beautiful planets/palaces faraway from all danger. I mean, literally just look at where Zamasu and Gowasu lived. They had a huge palace and an entire beautiful planet all to themselves.

4) You can pretty much do whatever you want, you have ton of free time to study, train, or just drink tea.

5) Since legally you can't intervene in mortal affairs, you have no risk of ever getting in danger.

6) You are protected by the two strongest beings in the Universe because they are tied to your life.

7) You can live for many millions of years.

It really does seem like being a God, specifically a Kai, would be the ideal life in Dragon Ball.

And sure, you can argue that the Kais were all slaughtered by Kid Buu and Zamasu, but so was everyone else in the verse, so does it really matter? Zamasu literally killed everyone in existence so you'd die regardless, no matter who you choose to be. At least you'd enjoy life more if you were a Kai than, say, a random earthling farmer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:34 am

The 1 for me. I'd like to help people in need and be strong enough to protect them from any harm. I'd fight for true justice and equality.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:45 am

I want to be the support character who actually gets a well-animated fight.

Let me dream.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SorikaiWolf89
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SorikaiWolf89 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:27 am
1) You're literally a God.

2) You are very powerful (Supreme Kai was stronger than the feared Emperor of the Universe Frieza).

3) You get to hang out in beautiful planets/palaces faraway from all danger. I mean, literally just look at where Zamasu and Gowasu lived. They had a huge palace and an entire beautiful planet all to themselves.

4) You can pretty much do whatever you want, you have ton of free time to study, train, or just drink tea.

5) Since legally you can't intervene in mortal affairs, you have no risk of ever getting in danger.

6) You are protected by the two strongest beings in the Universe because they are tied to your life.

7) You can live for many millions of years.

It really does seem like being a God, specifically a Kai, would be the ideal life in Dragon Ball.

And sure, you can argue that the Kais were all slaughtered by Kid Buu and Zamasu, but so was everyone else in the verse, so does it really matter? Zamasu literally killed everyone in existence so you'd die regardless, no matter who you choose to be. At least you'd enjoy life more if you were a Kai than, say, a random earthling farmer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pretty much all the reasons why I would choose to be a Supreme Kai as well

Especially living a life of peaceful luxury, having god like powers and a lifespan that lasts for millions of years

It’s the ideal life in the Dragonball Verse for sure like you said and a life anyone would dream of as you basically live in a world that’s almost like heaven but as a Kai you would of course have rules to not interfere too much with humans or “lesser beings” so I wouldn’t exactly say that Kais are free to do whatEVER they want but their freedom is still as vast as the universe that they watch over

The only thing you really need to worry about as a Kai is if someone like Kid Buu destroyed your world or when a rebellious rogue Kai like Zamasu disrupts the peace maybe once or twice every couple of centuries or eons
That or if a God of Destruction that you’re tied to gets killed but that’s very highly unlikely

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:56 am

I think many of us aspire to be like #1
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:34 pm

I wanna be

ZENO

(umph)
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.