What is your favorite location in Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

super michael
Advanced Regular

What is your favorite location in Dragon Ball

Post by super michael » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:46 am

Basically in this thread members can say what their favorite location and why. It can be a certain place on a certain time or even certain event or danger. Let say Namek, people say Namek when it is normal or when it is full of lava everywhere. They can say the village, the lake, Elder Guru location, etc, from Namek.

On Earth there are more location such as West City, Cell Game, Dr Gero Lab, Snow area from DBS Broly Movie, Muscle Tower, etc, the choices are endless.

Basically any location be it underwater, jungle, cave, building, mountain, planets, Otherworld, Hell, etc, they are all valid. There is no invalid place. It can be indoor also and outdoor.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What is your favorite location in Dragon Ball

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:58 am

Garlic Jr castle. Shame a lot of follow up Z movies would pick some of the most uninteresting background designs for their battle ground.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:52 pm

The Tenkaiichi Budokai ring/stadium. To me, it represents the glory of the strength of the best MA fighters in the world.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Master Roshi's island. Or, Kami's lookout?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:19 pm

King Kai's planet

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:46 am

Kaioshin realm...and the otherworld..they're very peaceful & look beautiful..Earth/Chikyuu of DragonWorld as well...

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:40 am

Muscle tower, the building with the most diverse enviroments.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:39 pm

King Castle (AKA Chow Castle) from the Piccolo Daimao arc.

NintendoFan28

Post by NintendoFan28 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:44 pm

Planet Namek right before it's about to explode.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:10 am

I like coloured locations.

Kaioshin planet, Beerus' planet... the sunset of the saiyan saga with that pink sky.

Namek when it was ok.

That place where Vegito and Buuhan fought.

The Cell Games was a nice location, it was a nice day.

The ToP stage after Toppo fixed the sky with hakai.

The islands where Cell absorbed 17 and then 18.

The Buu arc Tenkaichi Budokai, not so much the original TB stage.

GT has some nice planets where stuff happens. M2 planet is nice, Imegga planet, as well. Hakaishin Ruudo also has a nice castle.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:42 pm

The Kaioshin planet for its otherworldly beauty and remoteness. I would also say Roshi's Island for the remoteness and micro-environment. Maybe North City and the mountains because I overall prefer colder weather.

KeKeKe

Post by KeKeKe » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:25 pm

There are a lot of settings that I love in Dragon Ball, but my favorite is most likely the Mifan Empire in the 3rd DB movie, Mystical Adventure. From the imperial palace to the huge rock structure surrounded by waterfalls that supports it, including the city in its surroundings. Seriously, the whole thing is truly impressive and conveys a mysterious and paradisiacal atmosphere based on the Chinese architecture, clothing and culture that characterize it. I'm very surprised that no one else has mentioned the Mifan Empire, and my only regret is that it's an exclusive setting in what is probably the most non-canon film of all, since it portrays the characters in a role that is completely incompatible with that of the canon anime series, but I must say that I would really like it to appear more often throughout Dragon Ball.

Furthermore, I also love some other settings exclusive to the movies that are characterized by their creepy and dark atmosphere, such as the Devil's Hand in the 2nd DB movie, Garlic Jr.'s Castle in the 1st DBZ movie and the Tree of Might and its surrounding region in the 3rd DBZ movie. As far as the movies go, I really like several other settings, but right now I just want to highlight one more: the enormous and complex secret base of the Red Ribbon Army in the new Dragon Ball Super movie, Super Hero.

Regarding the anime series itself, some of my favorite settings are the Mount Paozu region, the desert of giant mushrooms (where Boss Rabbit's town and Pilaf's Castle are located), the island where Master Roshi trained Goku and Krillin for the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament, the temple and the arena of the first three DB tournaments, Muscle Tower and the snowy region around it, Fortuneteller Baba's Palace (including the Devil's Toilet) and some locations which are unique to the anime, such as the "Chinese" city of the two rival martial arts schools, the Demon Land (including the king's castle and the village), the region of the very high mountain where Goku finds the crown that attracts lightning, the Octagon Village and its hot springs, Mount Kiwi and the surrounding region of Mount Five Elements.

In Dragon Ball Z, unfortunately the settings become more and more generic and undistinguished landscapes without much of a highlight, but Dragon Ball GT managed to improve that issue by introducing a number of new planets with very unique, interesting and aesthetically appealing environments, this being one of the reasons why I love the earlier episodes of that series, unlike most fans.

Majin Man 101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Man 101 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:48 pm

Urunai Baba's Palace has always been the most exciting location in the series for me. I love how they returned there in Super and I'm excited to see it hopefully again in the future.

WKZ

Post by WKZ » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:58 pm

Kame house is definitely my favourite location. If I could I would actually live there, it have big level of comfy, access to sea, seeing how Roshi have TV I would guess there would be also access to internet if it was real in modern times.

I really like Namek that's undergoing destruction, with it's red sky. This is the best scenery in my opinion, battle scenery or not. While other battle lands are just empty, usually rocky places, and where the most destruction are big craters, mountains being blown and island getting destroyed at most, here is an epic battle in the middle of planet undergoing slow destruction, which further increases tension as it could be destroyed at any time.

I also love M-2 planet. Rildo having the entire planet as a weapon is nothing unique for M-2 planet, as he could transform any surface into metal, meaning that he could use any planet that he's on as a weapon, this is still big plus for that planet. Robots transporting through metal walls, and metal parts throughout the planet really makes good place strategically as enemies could disappear, and appear again anywhere, really. Empty city gives the planet some thrilling vibe, afterall there was once a human civilization on the planet before they got destroyed, and replace by machinemutants. The metal walls itself are amazing as they are flexible and change it's shape for different purposes, whenever it's defense, to confuse enemy, or just get rid of them. Overall M-2 planet is just creative location.
Only 42 volumes are canon. Everything else is glorified fanfic.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Hyperbolic Time Chamber. A void pocket (but infinite) dimension. Mind boggling.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:02 pm

That's a good question, I've never thought of it before.

I suppose if the place existed and I could visit it I'd probably most want to go to Papaya Island and the Tournament arena and grounds.