Anime Rebranding. What will the future animes be named? Dragon Ball (??????)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Man 101
Beyond Newbie

Anime Rebranding. What will the future animes be named? Dragon Ball (??????)

Post by Majin Man 101 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:21 am

In the corporate world we live in, it is likely that Dragon Ball will go on forever. The question is what will these future series be called?

Obviously, here is what has been taken so far....

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
Dragon Ball Kai
Dragon Ball Super

So whats next?

Dragon Ball Ultimate?
Dragon Ball Ultra?
Dragon Ball Gaiden?

And yes I'm aware some of those have been used for video games/side products. But the question still remains.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: Anime Rebranding. What will the future animes be named? Dragon Ball (??????)

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:01 pm

Dragon Ball NEO
Dragon Ball NEXT
Dragon Ball DUO
Dragon Ball FUTURE
Dragon Ball FORCE
Dragon Ball DREI
Dragon Ball EXTRA
Dragon Ball STORIES
Dragon Ball BATTLES
Dragon Ball HORIZON
Dragon Ball FLAME
Dragon Ball VX
Dragon Ball XTREME
SHIN Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball UNBREAKABLE
Dragon Ball FUZION
Dragon Ball FOREVER
Dragon Ball WOKE
Dragon Ball INCLUSIVE
Dragon Ball PARK
Dragon Ball CORPORATION
Dragon Ball GAME
Dragon Ball ACADEMY
Dragon Ball BALL
Dragon Ball AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS
Dragon Ball OK!
Dragon Ball VITA
Dragon Ball AND KNUCKLES
TOVARICH Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball GOKU ES REAL VI UN VIDEO YOUTUBE
Dragon Ball MAMMAMIA
Dragon Ball AND THE COSMIC MINDBENDERS
THE SECRET OF Dragon Ball
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: Anime Rebranding. What will the future animes be named? Dragon Ball (??????)

Post by Adamant » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:41 pm

I vote for "Super Dragon Ball" just to ensure maximum confusion.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:44 pm

Dragon: Ball
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:57 pm

It's so hard to know what to title the next animated series without really knowing what exactly it is going to cover. The Dragon Ball Z branding only lasted from 1989-1996 and after of 2022 we are now on the cusp of hitting that seven year mark and potentially surpassing it. It'll be interesting to see how Shueisha and cohorts decide to handle things. Will they use the Super banner for the animated adaption of the Moro and Granola arcs? Will Broli and Super Hero also be considered 'Super' when they are eventually adapted back into the cartoon? Very interesting stuff to consider, because it's quite possible that they might want a new banner and overarching central theme beyond just the Super Dragon Balls.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 pm

Dragon Ball SuperS

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:36 am

Super Dragon Ball Super Heroes Z

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gilby1385 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:54 am

Dragon Ball Daycare
Dragon Ball XY&Z
Krillin's in the House

In all seriousness though, something tells me at least one of the new shows will probably just be called Dragon Ball.
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:37 pm

Well if Dragon Ball was called that because it was about Dragon Balls and Dragon Ball Super was called that because it was about Super Dragon Balls then I imagine another series would be named after a different set of Dragon Balls.

If they'd turned the Dark Empire Saga into a anime they could have called it Dragon Ball Dark because it was about Dark Dragon Balls.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:47 am

Dragon Ball: Power
Dragon Ball: After Future (They already borrowed Evil Kaioshin and Evil Goku, why not go all out?)
ChronoTwigger wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:01 pm SHIN Dragon Ball
I can see that happen, if Hideaki Anno was on director's chair :) (Shin Godzilla, Shin Kamen Rider, Shin Ultraman)
ChronoTwigger wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:01 pm TOVARICH Dragon Ball
Adaptation aired in countries ruled by tyrant? (Belarus, Cuba, North Korea, China, Russia, Venezuela etc.)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:07 pm

Obviously it'll clearly go like
1. Dragon Ball
2. Dragon Ball Z
3. Dragon Ball Super
4. Dragon Ball SuperZ
5. Dragon Ball Dragon Stars
MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 pm Dragon Ball SuperS
Exactly. :lol:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Dragon Ball Ultra.

Super (Saiyan), Ultra (Instinct).

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:06 pm

Dragon Ball.

Similar to other legacy sequels, the series will be set several years after pre-Z retconning everything from the Saiyan arc on. Goku being an alien will just be brushed off as a rumor. And Krillin will definitely have hair.

In all seriousness, I think Super is here to stay. The new movie has Super AND Hero in it, which are the names of the two series. But maybe Adventure? If the series went back to its roots with the classic hunt for the Dragon Balls, I could see something like that being a cool title.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:31 am

If DB ever continues after the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai, one possible plot could be that Goku & Oob find their way into pocket universes(in which many events played out differently from the main universe) and they could fight past/altered threats that grew much worse in the interim as part of their training together. It could be called Dragonball: Pocket World or something to that effect.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:56 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:31 am If DB ever continues after the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai, one possible plot could be that Goku & Oob find their way into pocket universes(in which many events played out differently from the main universe) and they could fight past/altered threats that grew much worse in the interim as part of their training together. It could be called Dragonball: Pocket World or something to that effect.
Or even the same events, but the aptitude of Oob change the whole outcomes. I can figure out Oob get bullied by kid Crilin XD.
That whould be a nice plot! A "what if Goku was different" story.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.