Vic Mignogna has lost his appeal and must pay out more and the appeals opinion is that he is a sexual predator

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Vic Mignogna has lost his appeal and must pay out more and the appeals opinion is that he is a sexual predator

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:40 am

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/statu ... 9C8YbqRpkA

Twitter thread goes into court documentation showing not only a entire loss but must pay out more and the opinion of the court is that he is a sexual predator.
We the ones

Adamant
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna has lost his appeal and must pay out more and the appeals opinion is that he is a sexual predator

Post by Adamant » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:54 am

Who?

And man, I feel a million years old when looking at these tweets. Is this really how kids write today?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Vic Mignogna has lost his appeal and must pay out more and the appeals opinion is that he is a sexual predator

Post by SaiyamanMS » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:57 am

Adamant wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:54 am Who?

And man, I feel a million years old when looking at these tweets. Is this really how kids write today?
Former Funimation voice actor who played Broly and Burter, as well as singing the English versions of Dragon Soul and Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:11 am

Adamant wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:54 am Who?

Kids? Greg Doucette is in his late 30s, early 40s I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, this is both unsurprising and also a good thing, but I'm not exactly sure it's even worth a topic at this point. Vic acted like a creep (and may have done worse, but that's not what the suit or firing were specifically about), the company and the legal system handled the situation pretty much the best they could've been expected to, and if you're still denying Mignogna is guilty of any wrongdoing even after he admitted to a bunch of said wrongdoings, you probably aren't worth trying to have a real conversation with. Once those things are set in stone, I feel like any thread bringing it up just leads to endless circular discussion and drama, or branches into totally-unrelated figures who have done other bad things. Mods can opine however they like, but there has been such an abominably-large amount of Vic Mignogna discussion on this forum that I'm not sure there's anything left to say.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:26 am

Oh look, good news!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:28 am

Funny, if he was a normal person he would be voicing Broly in Super Hero right now and doing the stuff other VAs do. But now? Newest Broly content came and he's ordered to stay far away from the character and the job in general.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:38 am

Shaddy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:11 am Kids? Greg Doucette is in his late 30s, early 40s I'm pretty sure.
Embarrassing. He writes like he's 14 and too cool for school.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:19 am

Oh, my gosh--I thought this Greg Doucette:

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:49 am

Zinnia wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:28 am Funny, if he was a normal person he would be voicing Broly in Super Hero right now and doing the stuff other VAs do. But now? Newest Broly content came and he's ordered to stay far away from the character and the job in general.
Almost as if being a sexual predator and creep carries consequences and baggage no company wants to deal with.

Lol this post.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:55 am

kemuri07 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:49 am
Zinnia wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:28 am Funny, if he was a normal person he would be voicing Broly in Super Hero right now and doing the stuff other VAs do. But now? Newest Broly content came and he's ordered to stay far away from the character and the job in general.
Almost as if being a sexual predator and creep carries consequences and baggage no company wants to deal with.

Lol this post.
Reading through their post history, I think Zinnia is just expressing that Dick Lasagna would still have a job if he wasn't a sex pest.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:07 am

So the "let's wait until there's a court decision to make our own judgements" excuse has expired for good for the usual bastards, right?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:43 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:19 am Oh, my gosh--I thought this Greg Doucette:
Same :lol: :lol:
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:59 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:55 am
kemuri07 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:49 am

Lol this post.
Reading through their post history, I think Zinnia is just expressing that Dick Lasagna would still have a job if he wasn't a sex pest.
Yeah, this. Watching him at cons he always acted as if he was some kind of "centre of the dub industry", which was way too annoying and egoistical for a grown man.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:22 am

I will forever remember that time years ago that Eric Vale would endlessly underscore just how old Mignogna was at cons, something he would always shy away from.
She/Her
bisexual milf

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:25 am

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:22 am I will forever remember that time years ago that Eric Vale would endlessly underscore just how old Mignogna was at cons, something he would always shy away from.
Vale also got pissy at fans on Twitter for telling him Autism Speaks is an awful organization. Dude always flies under the radar compared to Schemmel and Sabat always rubbing fans the wrong way.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:43 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:25 am
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:22 am I will forever remember that time years ago that Eric Vale would endlessly underscore just how old Mignogna was at cons, something he would always shy away from.
Vale also got pissy at fans on Twitter for telling him Autism Speaks is an awful organization. Dude always flies under the radar compared to Schemmel and Sabat always rubbing fans the wrong way.
Well, shit. Guess I need to file Vale away under "shithead". :/
She/Her
bisexual milf

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:55 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:43 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:25 am
Well, shit. Guess I need to file Vale away under "shithead". :/
It seems like so many Funimation voice actors are crappy human beings, acting like untouchable gods :(
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:01 pm

Vic Mignogna is the Kevin Spacey of the anime industry from what I've seen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:01 pm Vic Mignogna is the Kevin Spacey of the anime industry from what I've seen.
Spacey is way more talented as an actor but otherwise I agree.

Kuririn-sama

Post by Kuririn-sama » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:12 pm

Well, not much to say other than the fact that this is great news.

Always a good day when Vic loses something.
「オレだって最初は悟空なんか嫌いだった…」

My name's Oak, They/Them pronouns, please!

Other than Dragon Ball, I'm an encyclopedia on Yakuza/龍が如く

日本語/Eng