Anyone know where I can find YTV's early airings of GT?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Anyone know where I can find YTV's early airings of GT?

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:41 pm

I was looking up the Blue Water dub and some people said about seeing the Original Japanese intro (non-dubbed) from the early airings in Canada on YTV. I don't know if it's real or not or if it's a foggy memory people got. Is there anyone that knows where can I watch the early airings? I don't know if it's confirmed that Canada got the Japanese intro undubbed, before later reruns got the Blue Water OP.

Gilby1385
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Anyone know where I can find YTV's early airings of GT?

Post by Gilby1385 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:58 am

I don't think this is the best place to ask about where to find them, but I'm pretty sure YTV never used the Japanese opening to begin with.
Come out, come out, wherever you are! I see you! Well, it was worth a try.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:31 pm

Never heard anyone claim YTV aired the Japanese OP for GT. The Blue Water dub of GT premiered in the UK and Ireland 6 months before it aired in Canada, and aired exclusively with that dub's OP, so I'm almost certain YTV never used the Japanese OP.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

DBGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBGod » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:24 pm

I have VHS recordings for all three DB, Z, and GT from YTV and I can confirm they never used the Japanese intro non-dubbed.
If you have any English recorded material and would like to put it to good use, please PM me!
"He's strong, oh he's strong alright. This is not good, hmmm...."

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:59 am

DBGod wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:24 pm I have VHS recordings for all three DB, Z, and GT from YTV and I can confirm they never used the Japanese intro non-dubbed.
Don't you believe it! Not the part about the non-dubbed intro, about this guy having VHS recordings that he didn't steal on false pretenses. And even that is pretty rough around the edges.

I am so sick of this fraud lying. Don't think he won't do to you what he did to me.

And nice reply to me that you deleted before I could see it, coward.

Oh, also, these two screenshots seem pretty "similar" in terms of quality, tint, etc., don't they?

DBFraud:

My source:
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:07 pm

We are not interested in and have no obligation to entertain your interpersonal drama over piracy. You have been told this multiple times.

Account strikes and bans, where appropriate, have been issued.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::