Who should be Tights' mate/husband?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geraldo
Beyond Newbie

Who should be Tights' mate/husband?

Post by Geraldo » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:20 am

Given that she's still single at middle age, and is older than Bulma, yet seems like she isn't against relationship, who out of the given options is the best man for her to have children with?

1. Yamcha - My least favourite opportunity but fans keep on mentioning that as a possible scenario.
2. Nappa - As if he'll get revived someday. I hope not.
3. Raditz - Same, while I have less hatred towards him.
4. Namole - In case he exists in the canon timeline, he could have been resurrected by Mr. Popo and transferred to Earth along with Orlen and everyone from Namek.
4. Granolah - To keep him around.
5. Fisshi - In case a scenario like the given one in "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" has happened, with him surviving the battle against Future Trunks, and was nursed back to health by a human woman, who got him to regret and atone for his past sins.

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Re: Who should be Tights' mate/husband?

Post by Brodes » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:03 am

Why does she need to be in a relationship or have children?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:41 am

She's barely even relevant to the story, at most a foot note, and we know nothing about her life after Jaco aside from where she lives. For all we knowbshes a regular lady with a family. And clearly has little to no involvement with any of the casts shenanigans. What's it even matter?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:01 am

Yeah, really none of the above.

Oolong. I know what I said. Porker gets his comeuppance for all those times Bulma was so mean to him. Who's laughing now?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:08 am

Brodes wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:03 am Why does she need to be in a relationship or have children?
This

She's a middle aged woman with no children and no husband? Good for her. Good for her.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:55 am

Tights doesn't need a husband or kids. She should treat herself to eating out for some lunch instead.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ATA
Beyond Newbie

Post by ATA » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:26 am

Tights is just the bewgee aunt who don't have kids or a romantic partner. She stay on vacation. So much so that most don't even exist and that's fine by her.

Honestly she one of the more realistic DB characters
May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key

Ashur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashur » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:19 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:55 am Tights doesn't need a husband or kids. She should treat herself to eating out for some lunch instead.

OP: I feel it would be funny if Yamcha suddenly showed up in a relationship with Tights, something casual, no kids or marriage, Bulma's reaction and the banter between sisters would be fun to see, if she ever gets with someone, it 100% should be Yamcha.

That said, beyond the potential for comedy and fun interactions, i don't see why she needs to be in a relationship for the sole reason that she is older than Bulma, life doesn't have a script, you know.

What i would like is her being more involved with Bulma, see them interact more often.