I hate the notion that Dragon Ball Equals Toonami

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

I hate the notion that Dragon Ball Equals Toonami

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:04 am

No it doesnt. It has long thrived without it and it will long after it's gone. Even hoity toity Kunzait seems to fall into this trap as much as he will probably hate to admit it.
Last edited by Cure Dragon 255 on Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I hate the notion that Dragon Ball Equals Toonami

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:07 am

I mean the majority of people posting on here aren't insisting Dragon Ball needs to still be on tv.

I'm not even sure where you came to the conclusion that this was a thing?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:10 am

Au Contrare. I want Dragon Ball to be on TV. I NEVER said anything about Toonami. That's him putting words in my mouth.

EDIT: AND IT IS VERY MUCH A THING. Everyone has this false narrative that Toonami put Dragon Ball on the map.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:32 pm

We don't need bizarre and pointless argument-tangent weirdness threads stemming from other topics, please and thank you.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!