What’s the reason for statues/figures differing so much in quality within the same volume and by the same company?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Aim
Banned

What’s the reason for statues/figures differing so much in quality within the same volume and by the same company?

Post by Aim » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:11 am

Hey,

I’ve noticed that while looking at statues that Dragon Ball seems to have a weird quality issue. Solid Edge Works released a gorgeous Teen Gohan in SS and SS2, I thought at first it was Match Makers but it wasn’t. Here’s the stark difference in quality between the statues of the same company and vol:

Vegetto, Vegeta and Goku have probably the worst designs, really gross colors and the hair is terrible looking, especially Vegeta and Vegetto, while Gotenks and Gohan honestly look like some of the most accurate statue designs I’ve seen, it’s so reminiscent of the manga and anime it’s beautiful.

Does anyone know the reason for these weird dips in quality?

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: What’s the reason for statues/figures differing so much in quality within the same volume and by the same company?

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:46 pm

I think it's simply the difference between sculptors.

Aim
Banned

Re: What’s the reason for statues/figures differing so much in quality within the same volume and by the same company?

Post by Aim » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:06 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:46 pm I think it's simply the difference between sculptors.
It’s a shame they can’t keep consistent because some of those sculptures are gorgeous