900 Minutes of Uncut Action, DBZ Season 1 Arrives

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:15 pm

Y'know, FUNi puts these DVDs out like "Hum dee dumm average Joe OMGWTFDBZ WEEE fan won't know the difference anyway" so if that's the case why don't they just put out what the more hardcore fans want? If Joe Q. Average isn't going to care and he'll buy it either way, then that just gives FUNi even more "money than we know what to do with" because they're pleasing both crowds simultaneously.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:18 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:*falls over laughing*

Wow. I feel justified.

I'll be buying it and reviewing it when it hits shelves, full technical ramble and DragonBox comparisons. If anyone wants it when I'm done, they can have it. Mention it in the thread here and I'll draw a name at random.

-Corey

I'll take you up on that please.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:24 pm

By any chance, does anyone have a number to reach someone at FUNimation to talk to them about this?

And if so... why aren't you yourself calling them?! >.<

We need to get them put out a fullscreen version... or at least a fullscreen version of this set in the future... because this is plain stupid, and I think the "The DBZ Great Butchering of '07" is something that shouldn't be taken lightly anymore...

And dammit, if I had a car I would be at their door trying to talk to them about this...
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:25 pm

Berserk wrote:
EvilGamerX wrote:
BrollysKin wrote:You know, I noticed that this forum is always a lot more pissed than other forums I have visited. The majority of people are always screaming at one another about something.

Just because Berserk is wrong doesn't mean you have to put him down.
I'm in a very bad mood for reasons I am not gonna post. Long stories. If I'm in a good mood... I'll be polite... except if the conversation relates to Naruto.
Anyways... The picture.

(yea it is OP, I would use DBZ as an example if I had it)

No black bars. The image is fine. The DVD player is normal. I also can assure you that Toei is not giving any HD or Blu-Ray DVDs for OP atm. Also, I don't plan on buying HD or Blue-Ray for a few years (see which wins).
Yeah but the picture is stretched its not meant to fill the screen.
Uh, wrong. The newer One Pieces are done in widescreen now. The aspect ratio is still intact in that picture. If it weren't then Luffy's head would look thicker.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:38 pm

Stridex wrote: What amazes is me is I look at my other FUNimation DVD's, and how better handled they are... it BOGGLES my F$*#ING MIND.
I think the exact same thing everytime I watch FMA. Hell, even Dragonball got a better release.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:
Stridex wrote: What amazes is me is I look at my other FUNimation DVD's, and how better handled they are... it BOGGLES my F$*#ING MIND.
I think the exact same thing everytime I watch FMA. Hell, even Dragonball got a better release.
Even GT got a better release. The dub was awful, but you can get the whole series pretty easily.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Duo wrote:Even GT got a better release. The dub was awful, but you can get the whole series pretty easily.
What a hellish world we live in when GT is the only DragonBall series you can get all the episodes of uncut in North America ;p

-Corey

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:46 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Duo wrote:Even GT got a better release. The dub was awful, but you can get the whole series pretty easily.
What a hellish world we live in when GT is the only DragonBall series you can get all the episodes of uncut in North America ;p

-Corey
*speechless*

I never...realized that before. I think we should commit mass suicide in protest.

If not for Viz, I certainly would have done so long ago.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:46 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:

-Corey
Well, Bush is president for another year and a half. :P

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:49 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Well, Bush is president for another year and a half. :P
I GOT IT!

It's Bush's fault! He is the decider afterall. BLAME BUSH!

-Corey

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenken » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:52 pm

In the words of our great leader:

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

:lol:

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:54 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
I GOT IT!

-Corey
"I hear rumors on the Internets, that people don't like widescreen."

Brilliant.

*dodges rock*

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:56 pm

My little theory is that FUNimation is afraid of letting DragonBall go. If they were to release the series in a pretty decent way, they would lose a lot of their money after their boxsets were all finished.

But by releasing sub par Dragonball products, they're add campaign could always be the "never before seen, remastered, super-1337, etc" again and again. I'll shut up now. ..
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:06 pm

Tenken wrote:In the words of our great leader:

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

:lol:
Wow.

So... this is a DragonBall forum, right?
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
I GOT IT!

-Corey
Bush is also the cause of AIDS and is the reason all beings die, ever have died, and ever will die, and he is the reason why once every 4 years a BIC lighter explodes.

I heard he went to a beach and some kids were drowning and he walked on the water and saved them. Do you know what this means? HE CAN'T SWIM!! Algore for dictator.

I bet the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans will get released before we get a decently made, competent release of DBZ in its entirety.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Duo wrote:I bet the Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans will get released before we get a decently made, competent release of DBZ in its entirety.
.... In widescreen.. :roll:

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Castor Troy wrote:.... In widescreen.. :roll:
With the English voices and Japanese soundtrack...except Mr. T will sing Head Cha La.

-Corey
"I pity da foo' who don't FLY AWAY."

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenken » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:13 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote: Wow.

So... this is a DragonBall forum, right?
Yes, the Bush references made me think about that scene, and I think what he said applies to how i'm not going to fall for FUNi's shit anymore. Get it? I didn't think it needed explaining.. >_>

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:18 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:.... In widescreen.. :roll:
With the English voices and Japanese soundtrack...except Mr. T will sing Head Cha La.

-Corey
"I pity da foo' who don't FLY AWAY."
Hahaha, funny stuff.

I remember Psaros making a joke saying, "Cell will probably end up sounding Mr. T." I'd love to hear that.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:27 pm

I wonder what Conan would say about this ...
Anyway..crap, I can't even put this back on topic..Uh, thanks for the screens. :?
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]